Skip to content

Baldur's Gate classes/races

notedbrnotedbr Member Posts: 5
Hi!
I'm a huge fan of half-dragon, dragonborns, and i was curious... is there any mod that exists that can make we play like one? Human form that can change to dragon. Like Abazigal and his son...

Man, it's a great idea!
Thanks for now! :)

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Check out this mod. There are a few half-dragon subraces available.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16668/mod-beta-38-subraces-for-bg-ee-0-87-updated-3-11-2013/p1

• notedbrnotedbr Member Posts: 5
    can i turn into a dragon with this mod ?
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    notedbr said:

Turning into a dragon would be horrible and you probably wouldn't be able to play with it. The size of a dragon is huge and i just can't see you moving an inch in small places, not to mention it would be horrible to move with it even in open fields.

It would also break the game as dragons are incredible powerful.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    as for dragonborn (i dont know 2nd edition D&D THAT deeply so i may be wrong) but i believe eitehr bahamut didnt exist yet OR he wasnt powerful enough to turn people into dragons OR he wasnt worshiped by humans at all (my money is on the first one as i have never seen nor played a game of D&D that involves bahamut in anyway)
    ChildofBhaal599
    notedbr said:

AFAIK, no. The half-dragon subraces use the half-orc animations, with appropriate skin colors for your character's type of dragon-blood (e.g., red, green, blue, etc..). You get certain advantages and 1/day use of a breath weapon.

For example, here is the summary for a red half-dragon:

Red Half-Dragon - Fire
    Bonuses:
    Immune to Sleep
    Immune to Paralysis
    Immune to Fire
    Invravision
    +1 AC
    +1 Damage (Fire)
    1/Day may use breath weapon (30' Cone of Fire)
    (Change skin color Red)

Penalties:
    -20% XP
    -20% Resistance to Cold
    (Only Evil allowed)
  • notedbrnotedbr Member Posts: 5
    @SionIV i'm not concerned about the size or whatever. If i was worried about whatever changes it may cause, i wouldn't be looking for changing the main character in the "modding" area xD
    I really don't care about horrible it may be, i'm just trying to change something and have some fun with something i like :) after all, we are all waiting for the BG2 EE... so... thanks, nways.

@Mrpenfold666
    As I said, i just want to have some fun :)
    It's an idea... but, i think no one had thought of that, or, just didn't make the mod... thanks!

@AstroBryGuy
    I saw that... thanks, mate.

But, again, someone knows some mod that may do you turn into a dragon? xD

Thanks!!
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Maybe plymorthing in a Wyvern would work, or something like it.
    Darkersun said:

Maybe plymorthing in a Wyvern would work, or something like it.

That's a good idea. Give your character the Avenger's ability to shapechange into a Baby Wyvern via EE. Combine that with the half-dragon subrace and there you go.