Skip to content

武侠Portraits

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
I like to play Shou-Lung (Fantasy China) inspired characters in Baldur's Gate. I am looking for a picture in the style like the below:

But with less armour. Anyone know any good links?

PS: Sorry my Chinese is not good enough to clearly ask what I want in Chinese... but I can more or less read Chinese, so please do reply in Chinese if that's more convenient!)

CrevsDaak

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    You can find some pictures of that style if you google "三國志". But I don't know of any pages with a bunch all in one place.
    HeindrichCrevsDaak
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    谢谢!
    Great recommendation. I found a nice set of pictures that would work pretty well for BG-style portraits. Unfortunately most of the men of 三國志 wear a lot of armour or look a bit older than I'd prefer, so I'll keep looking. Still it's great to have found a nice set of portraits that I can use for other characters later.
    You're welcome.
  • EsfingeEsfinge Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2015
    Post edited by Esfinge on
    FredjoCrevsDaak
    @Esfinge

Thanks that girl pic is quite nice. My Charname is supposed to be young, male and looks a bit clean-cut.

I've stopped actively looking for pics for now, cos I am no longer sure that I want to run a Kensai next, cos they cannot even use bows.

I wish there was a fighter kit that prohibited armour, but allowed missile weapons. I might just go for the standard Fighter kit, in which case armour won't be a major problem.
  • windslayerwindslayer Member Posts: 6
    Try baidu 仙剑奇侠传 or 古剑奇谭, google is no use dealing Chinese characters.
    I'll leave the fun of searching to you.
    @windslayer
    Ah... thanks. That's a good idea.

I can't believe I never thought of 仙剑奇侠传. I know it's a popular game, and watched the first few episodes of the TV series cos Liu Yifei is ridiculously cute, but otherwise that show's too cheesy for me. :D
  • windslayerwindslayer Member Posts: 6

@windslayer
    Ah... thanks. That's a good idea.

I can't believe I never thought of 仙剑奇侠传. I know it's a popular game, and watched the first few episodes of the TV series cos Liu Yifei is ridiculously cute, but otherwise that show's too cheesy for me. :D

Actually I did not watch any of the episodes they made. I'm not a TV guy. And all 仙剑奇侠传 games except the first one are lame. Lame lame lame. Although the first one is legendary.

(I'm an international student form China in Southampton University, you said you were raised in UK?)

Actually I did not watch any of the episodes they made. I'm not a TV guy. And all 仙剑奇侠传 games except the first one are lame. Lame lame lame. Although the first one is legendary.

(I'm an international student form China in Southampton University, you said you were raised in UK?)

I came to the UK with my parents when I was 8 years old. So kinda. I am from 西安.

I only watched it cos Liu Yifei was in it, and I loved her in 天龙八部 and 神雕侠侣. I don't know if 仙剑奇侠传 TV series reflected the game, but it was made to appeal to kids I think, I couldn't stand it after 3 episodes, despite all the lovely girls in it.
  • MumeiMumei Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Pretty good. I'm also a fan of Baldur's Gate and Fantasy China. Although I'm not sure where could you find such pics though..

---
    Mumei Zhang
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Fantasy China doesn't fit the setting for me; I would love an RPG based on Asian fantasy (not JRPG/FF stuff) settings, whether it be Chinese, Japanese or Korean. Would be a great way to learn about the mythology of the region, and give something new to break up the goblins and orcs of Tolkien lore.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    The same people who made Baldur's gate also made Jade Empire which is a great game and it's based on chinese fantasy somewhat.
    SionIV said:

The same people who made Baldur's gate also made Jade Empire which is a great game and it's based on chinese fantasy somewhat.

The best thing about Jade Empire is Gao the Lesser was voiced by Captain Mal Reynolds.
    SionIV
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Awong124 said:

SionIV said:

The best thing about Jade Empire is Gao the Lesser was voiced by Captain Mal Reynolds.
    I love you, that's the first thing i noticed when i played the game.

Captain Hammer!
    Awong124
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    edited October 2013