Skip to content

(i think) The patch is ready to release

AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
edited October 2013 in The Road to v1.2
Hey yall, here's my 2 cents:

-Played the beta release.. it works and looks great, good job beamdog!

-Just finished reading all the threads about fixes that people still want before its released and they seem to be 99% about cosmetic things/ minor balance changes and 1% about getting the game to function/fixing bugs

-The patch is ready to release.. if minor cosmetic changes need to be made then more patches can indeed be released for those

Cheers!
Post edited by Aaezil on

Comments

• AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2013
    The patch is not ready for release. Too many game-breaking issues still.
    Hardware wise it's good, but there are still flaws on the software side.
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    No, it really isn't, not even on the hardware side.

When I stop having 1-2 second stutters constantly, then I might be ready to agree with you.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Aaezil I agree to a point, but there is still a top ten to fix... And they have not fixed the top ten... This patch needs to be excellent!
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    FUCK YE...Damn it!
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    ...godsdamn it, man, don't make threads with titles like that in the official patch forum! I saw it and got all hyped up, and all for nothing.
    At least add "I think that..." at the beginning of this title, before you cause strokes among more excitable players. ;)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I h be to agree. I thought this was an official announcement for a moment there. Got all excited.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Syntia13 said:

...godsdamn it, man, don't make threads with titles like that in the official patch forum! I saw it and got all hyped up, and all for nothing.
    At least add "I think that..." at the beginning of this title, before you cause strokes among more excitable players. ;)

Agreed. Though I pretty much guessed it wouldn't be so, I do think the title is completely misleading. It's just going to frustrate players more.
  • MazuoMazuo Member Posts: 6
    It most certainly isn't ready and this is a terrible thread.
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    edited October 2013
    Haters gonna hate.

- Sorry about the thread name, wasn't intended to cause confusion. Changing it now.

Cheers!
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    It's a pity that they won't break this up into smaller updates. The Intel Graphics issues seem to have been resolved, and a lot of us can't play the game without that. But because other elements of the patch are still buggy, we're stuck.
    Malicron said:

It's a pity that they won't break this up into smaller updates. The Intel Graphics issues seem to have been resolved, and a lot of us can't play the game without that. But because other elements of the patch are still buggy, we're stuck.

Resolving the Intel Graphics issue has introduced issues for people who have real computers, unfortunately.
    Malicron said:

I doubt it's as simple as cutting/pasting code though. Wouldn't splitting up pieces of the patch just create more unnecessary work though?
    enneract said:

Malicron said:

Resolving the Intel Graphics issue has introduced issues for people who have real computers, unfortunately.
    lol. Gotta love that "who cares about you, I'm having problems" mentality of the internet. :P
    RedGuard said:

enneract said:

lol. Gotta love that "who cares about you, I'm having problems" mentality of the internet. :P
    Not at all. Just that the patch clearly isn't ready, as it introduces a whole new set of technical issues still.
    No, I agree. I'm just having a bit of fun with how you worded how it's now affecting others who didn't have a problem before.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I think they need more time to polish upcoming patch , it make sense they just release the patch before BG2-EE launch for my personal feeling ,
    darrenkuo said:

I think they need more time to polish upcoming patch , it make sense they just release the patch before BG2-EE launch for my personal feeling ,

Especially since this any problems left in BG:EE's engine will be carried over to BG2:EE.
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    We can release the patch now and the other problems can be solved by the next patch. Lot of people have been waiting for this patch
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    They haven't even reached phase 4 (multi player testing) which might turn up quite some new (and possiblity unexpected) problems. If they release the patch as 'finished' without testing that, there probably will be quite a few new complaints.
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    The funny/tragic thing about this patch is that it will release just a couple of weeks before BG2EE launches............... I don't see myself playing BG1 over BG2. We are 6 months late
    Saradas said:

The funny/tragic thing about this patch is that it will release just a couple of weeks before BG2EE launches

I'm starting to think even that might be overly optimistic.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    manero said:

Have fun in waiting another year for patch.

Oh but I am having fun!

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Malicron said:

Saradas said:

The funny/tragic thing about this patch is that it will release just a couple of weeks before BG2EE launches

I'm starting to think even that might be overly optimistic.
    Well it already is for Steam users at least. 4 weeks till BG2EE release, we pretty much know that the patch ain't going to be released this week at least since it isn't even in Phase IV yet. Add to that the fact it seems to take Atari couple weeks to get the Steam version patched.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Im curious about which gamebreaking bugs you guys are experiencing, my playthrough is flawless - I agree with OP.
  • RellinRellin Member Posts: 28
    It is ready. Release it please. (I am not in the beta, lol).

Im curious about which gamebreaking bugs you guys are experiencing, my playthrough is flawless - I agree with OP.

On my i5-2500k, AMD 6950, SSD, 16GB RAM, the game runs worse than the original BG1 did on my Pentium 2 in 1998.

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    @enneract is it worse or better with the patch?

@enneract is it worse or better with the patch?

I had no complaints before the patch
  • HeyaHeya Member Posts: 55
    enneract said:

On my i5-2500k, AMD 6950, SSD, 16GB RAM, the game runs worse than the original BG1 did on my Pentium 2 in 1998.

I've just been granted beta access today, so there's still time, but I've got an almost identical setup to you (8GB less RAM) and it looks nicer and performs at least as well as pre-patch, probably better.