Skip to content

[Item Mod] Wand Case

MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
edited January 2016 in General Modding
Inspired by @Basillicum 's feature request for a much-needed wand case in the game. Feel free to post any suggestions or comments you may have.

photo WandCasedescription.png

photo WandCase.png

The mod is attached to this post as an .rar and the files are WeiDU-installable (many thanks to @Alkalurops for the WeiDU-ification for both the BGEE and BG2EE versions). Installation instructions may be found in the readme file for each folder.

The CLUA code for the item is "wandcase" -- it's also available for purchase from Thalantyr at High Hedge (AR3202) in BGEE. In BG2, it's available at Ribald's Adventurers Mart (SoA) and the Saradush Tavern (ToB).

*UPDATE 10/28/13:
- Updated WeiDU (fixed missing description on first install)
- Moved item to new position in store (right after potion case)

*UPDATE 11/15/13:
- Wand Case now WeiDU-installable for BG2EE.

*UPDATE 01/09/16 - v1.3:
- Polish Translation
- Fixed BGT and Tutu store patching
- Added EET and vanilla BG2 support
Post edited by Mortianna on
lunarBasillicumEudaemoniumalannahsmithdosentti666ErgCorianderAlkaluropsWilburKerthalNeonfiskKidCarnivalSCARY_WIZARDKamigoroshiCrevsDaakXavioriaStuckinMudPrincess_SarahFinaLfrontcomebackhomecaptainsavvyJuliusBorisovntgBlackravenAedanGrammarsaladRavenslightthelovebatZaghoulmf2112

Comments

• BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Great stuff! I didn't think of making the case itself described as magical, but it's fitting. :)
    MortiannaCrevsDaak
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    I've taken the liberty to weidu-ify this. While I was at it, I added the item to the high hedge store. It should be relatively straight-forward to add this to another store. You may have to start a new game for it to appear in Thalantyr's store though.
    ErgMortianna
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Pretty cool :D
    MortiannaEudaemoniumCrevsDaak
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Alkalurops Awesome! Thank you! I've uploaded your Weidu-ified version to my original post and updated the readme.
    ajwz said:

This is awesome, and also could in no way be interpreted as a euphemism :p

Filthy. Just filthy. ^.^
    CrevsDaak
    ajwz said:

This is awesome, and also could in no way be interpreted as a euphemism :p

I really thought someone would get this when I suggested "Wand Sheath" and "Wand Hose" in my feature requests thread on this. I also suggested "Wand Bandolier", but I guess that might be a bit too advanced for some.
    CrevsDaak
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I think the burning question is: how many wands can you fit into it at one time?
    edited October 2013
    I'm not sure how it's possible, but I must have done something wrong when installing by WeiDU. The Wand Case's description just says "Why hast thou disturbed me here? Hast thou no manners? Get out!" And the item name is missing.
    @Bascillicum How odd. Somehow, the description code changed in the item file. Try installing it again using the updated file I've uploaded to the first post.
    Have you tried reinstalling? Post your SETUP-WANDCASE.DEBUG here please.
    Reinstalling fixed the issue.

Do you still want the .debug, @Alkularops?
    Mortianna
    I'm glad it's fixed.
    I don't think a debug file will make me much wiser now though.

I'm glad it's fixed.
    I don't think a debug file will make me much wiser now though.

Sorry, I guess I should've posted the file before I reinstalled? I'll let you know if I manage to recreate it.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I will try this mod in my next play through.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

I'm not sure how it's possible, but I must have done something wrong when installing by WeiDU. The Wand Case's description just says "Why hast thou disturbed me here? Hast thou no manners? Get out!" And the item name is missing.

@Basillicum

It's a bug in WeiDU 233. See here for more information.

@Wisp has already released a new version of WeiDU (234) that fix this specific bug.

Reinstalling fixed the issue.

Reinstalling the mod a second time, as you did, is a workaround. Permanent solution is to update WeiDU.
    BasillicumMortiannaAlkaluropsCrevsDaak
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    how do you install this mod and do you have to start all over to buy it?
    edited October 2013
    @qwert_44643 Extract the files to your BGEE game folder (00766), run the "Setup-WandCase" application, and then follow the prompts to install it. You'll have to start a new game in order for it to show up in Thalantyr's shop inventory.
    ok thanks on my next run threw il use it..thanks for all the hard work.
    Mortianna
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @qwert_44643 - you can always console it in if you want it on your current game
    i dont know how to do that...
  • lionwarriorkinglionwarriorking Member Posts: 28
    why cant i dl it off of this page??
    @lionwarriorking I'm not sure why the file wasn't showing before. It should be available to download now.
    UPDATE: The following changes have been applied:
    - Updated WeiDU (fixed missing description on first install)
    - Moved item to new position in store (right after potion case)
  • VelaraXVelaraX Member Posts: 2
    PLEASE make this work in BG2 EE ! :D
    @VelaraX I put it in my own game manually (in Ribald's shop), but I'm looking into creating a BGII version with WeiDU, unless @Alkalurops would like to do the honors.
    edited November 2013
    I have been summoned?

Haven't tested it yet, but this should work. I've added it to Ribald's store and an extra copy to the Saradush tavern for you TOB players (how dare you skip SOA!). As usual, if you've interacted with either store in your current save game, you'll have to cheat it in.
    MortiannaCrevsDaak
    @Alkalurops Thank you! I've updated the readme and have uploaded the BG2EE WeiDU to the original post.
    By the way, the BG2EE version works in both games so there's no need for 2 different versions anymore. Just dump it in the right game directory and it'll figure out which store to use.
  • VelaraXVelaraX Member Posts: 2
    Thank you SO much! You're both gods.