Skip to content

Fighter\Thief build

2»

Comments

• Cowled_wizardCowled_wizard Member Posts: 119
    Just out of curiosity: what kind of damage per round are we talking about for a grandmaster dart thrower fighter lvl 13 (+1 apr for fighter)... lets say dart +1. 3apr+1fighter+1 granmastery: so 5apr 1d4+1+5(grandmastery) ? is that correct? ... looks week compared to weapons with str bonus though
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    luskan said:

Leon said:

Now the question is, how much do i need to spend in P.pockets to steal Algernon cloak)

Before the patch, Imoen or Garrick could do it at level 1 with enough reloads. After the patch, you'll need 50.
    Thanks.. now need to find a way to accidently kill this fat merchant. Maybe using Tanzig somehow :)?..
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited October 2013
    thespace said:

Leon said:

thespace, so you didnt use BG2 tweaks? And if something is wrong ingame, using mod to fix it- isnt considered a cheat to me. And i use to re-roll for days) instead of using Ctrl8 and software. Now the question is, how much do i need to spend in P.pockets to steal Algernon cloak)

I don't know what BG2 tweaks is. I'm simply playing BGEE on a Mac with no mods. I don't know if it's possible to "Ctrl8" for rolling stats on a Mac.
    You can. It might be Cmd-8, though. :)

The one console command I've never managed is Crtl-Q, which is supposed to add someone to your party but on Macs just instantly quits the game.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    FYI - Algernons cloak has also been changed from unlimited charm spells to one use of charm per day (per rest)

I also had a session where Algernon disappeared - PP failed and hostile Algernon ran downstairs - chased after him but didn't want to kill him in tavern area - chased him back upstairs and he was gone...not sure if that was a bug or feature - never occurred in vanilla for me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Wanderon said:

FYI - Algernons cloak has also been changed from unlimited charm spells to one use of charm per day (per rest)

I also had a session where Algernon disappeared - PP failed and hostile Algernon ran downstairs - chased after him but didn't want to kill him in tavern area - chased him back upstairs and he was gone...not sure if that was a bug or feature - never occurred in vanilla for me.

NOoooooo! lol i remember first times i used such charming(cheesy?) tactics vs Basilisks (korax good dog but Charm is over after few ingame hours).. Damn.. best item.. is limited? who thought of that? its like giving HIS 60 sec recovery time.. Who is gonna use it :(
    thespace said:

The one console command I've never managed is Crtl-Q, which is supposed to add someone to your party but on Macs just instantly quits the game.

And when would one Cmd-8 then? I just tried it while rolling scores and it does nothing.
    You do it while rolling. Its either Ctrl-8 or Cmd-8. If it doesn't work for you then... I have no idea why. I would assume that the console commands aren't turned on.

thespace said:

And when would one Cmd-8 then? I just tried it while rolling scores and it does nothing.
    You do it while rolling. Its either Ctrl-8 or Cmd-8. If it doesn't work for you then... I have no idea why. I would assume that the console commands aren't turned on.
    I want to clarify: the bg2 tweaks allows me to dual ANY race or have 4 proficiency points multi-classing?
    Leon said:

thespace said:

I want to clarify: the bg2 tweaks allows me to dual ANY race or have 4 proficiency points multi-classing?
    The former. Multi-class proficiencies will still be capped at 2.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    hief\Fighter having some proficiency in darts and using quarterstaff for backstabbing. I saw a few topics but i just dont know where to start. Whats the best way. Multi or Dual? Start as fighter or thief? till what level? I read halfing is prefered dart wise, but i am not sure its the best race for thief skills. Anyone with enough Bg Lore to clarify this?

for bg2 fighter7-9/thief darts/staff/*2handed
    or dwarf fighter/thief same proff
    for bg1 i would go for dwarf f/t **darts **staff and another *2handed weapons

BG2 you can go crazy for 8assasin/fighter with poison darts
    Hey i am updating this post, to ask a question and upload my save game. The fastest dart thrower- dual classed at lvl 9 to thief. He became death machine. 5 6 attacks per round- each dart 9-11 dmg. around 60 dmg till the enemy reaches me. With boots of speed or Oil of speed, he is unbeatable. Using the darts of wounding against spell-casters is extremly useful. Somehow i even hit them when they use mirror image. Grand mastery in darts, ** in Quarterstaff and * in two handed weapons. I installed Bg2 Tweaks- and it screwed up a lot of Item descriptions. Anyway, i dont plan to export my character to Bg2ee, wanted to ask if Shadowkeeper is working properly with Bg2ee as i plan to Make character (with Golden pantaloons and raised stats thanks to BG1 tomes). Extract the file in Documents Bg1 Save folder. Here is the portrait i used: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=9to2ts&s=5#.UphazCf87uE .
    SirBaldur
    Is shadowkeeper working properly with BG2EE??
  • cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    edited November 2013
    I think a pure assassin is a fantastic class to use darts with. The kit lacks the straight up fighting prowess of its multi class brethren but to me that makes class feel more like an assassin instead of a warrior. This includes lots of backstabbing, traps, poison, and plenty of hit and run tactic. Get yourself an array of darts along with poison and you'll be quite deadly I think.
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    I am almost through Shadows of Amn with a Fighter(7)->Bounty hunter. Shadowkeeper allowed that :) Awsome class, a bit overpowered maybe :) Uses quaterstaff and crossbow, with one * in long sword, dagger and two handed weapon style