Skip to content

(Simple request) Soul Reaver +5, The Evil Counterpart of Carsomyr (Spoilers)

KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
edited October 2013 in Feature Requests
Hello everyone,

Thinking about BG2:EE I was also thinking about a weapon that is not so well known. Soul Reaver +4 is like the Carsomyr of evil fighters. But now with Blackguards comming up it will be more like the Carsomyr for Blackguards. Nevertheless it's also still a great blade for Sarevok.

I never really played an evil playthrough but as this is a great blade for such a significant character as Sarevok and with Blackguards comming up to BG2:EE, I thought to myself: "Carsomyr is already a +5 weapon, but can be upgraded even more so in ToB with the Eye of Tyr to a whopping +6!!! This leaves Soul Reaver well in its wake, for Soul Reaver is a +4 blade with no upgrade posibilities."

So basicly my request is to atleast make one upgrade in ToB or even SoA that would upgrade Soul Reaver to a +5. It only seems fair to the upcomming Blackguards too. It's more a satisfying idea than an overpowered upgrade too, at all. This would make Soul Reaver more of an evil counterpart to Carsomyr.

People can leave their opinions if they feel like.

Greets!
AntonRedGuardWilburKidCarnivalEdvin

Comments

• AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Yeah, some neat features come to mind from Reaver+Blackrazor upgrade..
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I find the vorpal sword being one of the best two handed weapons in the game, there is a 25% chance that anyone hit with this sword must make a save vs death at -2 penalty or die, which means this can affect any enemy in the game ( because no one has a save vs death lower than 0) and I've even used it in ToB and it still wrecked shop there, but there is already 2 more +5 two handed swords in ToB, psion blade and gram the sword of grief, but a +5 soul reaver could always be nice I suppose; Now Minsc leads, SWORDS for everyone :)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    This and/or being able to corrupt Carsomyr into something suitable for a Blackguard.
    sarevok57
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    RedGuard said:

This and/or being able to corrupt Carsomyr into something suitable for a Blackguard.

I really like that sound of that :)
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    There's already the Unholy Reaver, you know ;)
    CrevsDaak
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    scriver said:

There's already the Unholy Reaver, you know ;)

It seems to be just a plain +5 weapon which is kind of boring.
  • TheGreatKhanTheGreatKhan Member Posts: 106
    I do believe they are including a whole bunch of new upgrades for many of the weapons you'll find in BG2EE. I haven't seen the full list, but maybe this one is on there.
  • KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
    Dee said:

Soul Reaver is definitely more than a +5 weapon. The description it had before wasn't entirely accurate.

Alright, it sounds good then! I'll just wait and see in BG2:EE. (:
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Nice. If a weapon is called Soul Reaver it should be something real "good".
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I can't help, but think of Raziel and the Legacy of Kain games every time I see the term Soul Reaver. lol
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Dee said:

Soul Reaver is definitely more than a +5 weapon. The description it had before wasn't entirely accurate.

I've found only one difference: The duration of the THAC0 lowering, it is a "little' bit longer than it says in the description, maybe "little" duration*2 and you'll have the half.... maybe... Its says 2 turns of duration (actually, it says 20 rounds), but in NI I found out its really 12 TURNS (120 rounds).
    Also, the duration is its 6 times than it is said in the description. The bad thing is that in solo run you hit 3 Million a lot before, so if you're playing with a F/T, Carsomyr+5 will prove a lot better (and you get it a lot earlier :D).imageNo anymore effects! :O
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I really want a Blackrazor upgrade.

I suppose I could just use NI to have it strike as if it were +5 (though not actually have +5 THAC0, the sword is pretty overpowered).