Skip to content

Three bears standing in a row

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited October 2013 in Not An Issue
Have the spawn numbers for bears been altered? I seem to be running into quite a few whereas certainly in vanilla BG1 running into two together was uncommon.

Edit: This screenshot is of AR1700 :)
Post edited by elminster on
Aristilliuslolien

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I've run into packs of three to five or so bears frequently. I think it's been that way in EE the whole time. I assumed it was intentional.

I sort of wish they didn't do it with bears, though. Since bears spawn neutral, as soon as I discover a pack they immediately start wandering about and sometimes spread quite thoroughly, creating a bit of a minefield for me if I don't feel like attacking them.
    Awong124JuliusBorisovQuartzCrevsDaak
  • barbarabarbara Member Posts: 30
    I think this is a bug. At least that all stand so close and face the same direction. It just looks... weird. Perhaps the direction could be randomized and they could be more apart when discovered.
    elminsterQuartzCrevsDaak
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Mmm I encountered something similar with around 15 bandits interrupting me when trying to rest. Could be a bug.
    JuliusBorisovNecdilzorCrevsDaak
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Bears do in faerun. Because its a magical world. Unlike our own, where they live in houses eating porridge all the time. The Faerun bear is typically smarter than the average bear. Just ask booboo...
    lolien
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Anyway, I call them xp cash cows.
    lolien
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Ive experienced this too in a different area - that was also blackbears - it was in the basilisk area. Didnt think of it as a bug at the time tho.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    "I think I hear adventurers coming."
    "Quick, get in formations and they might not notice us!"
    elminsterWilburAdulCrevsDaak
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    This repros in the current released version, BTW, not just the beta -- I was just in that same area the other day and noticed it -- there bears in a line, same spot on the map exactly. There was another place in another area with 5 but I don't remember where that was.
    elminster
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    It makes it easier for you to kill a bunch of them by launching Fireballs. And for some reason, if they have morale failure near the edge of a map, they can run off the map and disappear.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    They are an easter egg reffering to three Prime Evils of Diablo universe.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Dee said:

So, the bug is that they're not also accompanied by a little girl with blond hair. Got it.

Or that they do not appear in a circus.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Wilbur said:

Dee said:

So, the bug is that they're not also accompanied by a little girl with blond hair. Got it.

Or that they do not appear in a circus.
    We don't know yet, BG2EE hasn't been released yet.
    elminsterCrevsDaak
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    It's seasonal. There are no snowy areas in BGEE, so it is safe to assume that it's spring, and those are mating bears just out of hibernation.