Skip to content

If Baldur's Gate was an MMO

2»

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...imagine the uproar of Paladins when a Thief would roll need on the Carsomyr. (But...but I have UAI!)
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Oh gods, this is too horrifying to contemplate. I'd actually take the novels over a Baldur's Gate MMO.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Actually - if it were an MMO then only DPS Paladins would have a use for Carsomyr. The tanks and healers would be better off with other weapons.

If BG were an MMO then you'd only need one multiclassed thief per raid group to disarm traps.
    If BG were an MMO, Thieves would probably work a bit differently - like Rogues in WoW for example.
    In a nutshell - each Thief would be a Shadowdancer.
    Well, in most MMOs now thieves are DPS classes similar to 3rd Ed. and later rogues, with either a flat sneak attack bonus when attacking from behind or additional high damage abilities in certain circumstances.
  • fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    Oh ya, I almost forgot. Every enemy would be on a respawn timer. OMG!

"Looking for a group to camp kobolds at the Nashkel Mine tonight, any takers? Lots of corrupted ore to go around for the quest turn in too!"
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    LFM Cleric w/ Remove Fear memorized against Tarnesh
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    *Cough*
    Neverwinter MMO.
    *Cough*
    (I played it, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would have.)
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629

*Cough*
    Neverwinter MMO.
    *Cough*
    (I played it, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would have.)

And don't get me started on Dungeons and Dragons Online. I still have nightmares...
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Sarevok voiced by Mr.T
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    "Ah piddy da foo who faces me, da new Lord of Murder!"
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Wiggles said:

This thread has a lack of Minsc quotes. I demand more...

This behavior must not continue. Feel the burning stare of my hamster and change your ways.
  • fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    If Minsc designed a game, it would be called Might & No Magic!
    LFM - Cloakwood Mines, 3rd level. Need a fireball-specced mage!
    Also, looking for a Thief. Dual-classed or multiclassed thieves with fighter only.
    "What? You are a priest of Helm? They got nerfed in patch 1.2. Reroll Talos n00b!"
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    edited October 2013
    If Baldur's Gate was an mmo there'd be a random item of Balduran behind a certain painting every playthrough. And carrying all his items would give a bonus and a shiny glow.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    heal plz ffs
    cleric l2p
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    n00b$
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    edited October 2013
    I'd like a more multiplayer friendly Baldur's gate but i don't think i'd like an MMO.
    MMOs are based on grinding and having the best gear. All other aspects become unimportant over time.
    Even MMORPGs which start with great lore (WoW) turn into cheap %@{1!s in hope of getting more players of all ages.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    As per my other thread where I told about my experience with crazy people in WoW yesterday, making BG into an MMO also opens you up to having your gaming experience ruined by crazy people, mean people, and just general jerks, not to mention constant drama with people who try to be nice, but still get into dramas with each other, just because friends have conflicts sometimes. People are people.

No matter how much you try to form a "no-drama" group, you're going to get drama in an MMO.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I was thinking about something like guys with ToB characters killing low-level guys, people with ilegal (and very useful classes like C/M/T) classes and kits, and everybody trying to get into some places for the treasures or XP.
    Maybe something like Black Pits, but there's League of Legends with its millions of players.
    I can image the intense class & kit rivalries would get even more bitter.

"Y U play Cavalier N00b? Inquisitor f***s mages up! Go fight a dragon nubcake!"

"You C/M carebear! Go back to your PvE or I'll sk00l you in the Arena."

You forget how many things you don't miss about MMOs.