Skip to content

[UNOFFICIAL] Ask Hexxat Anything

Comments

• bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    edited October 2013
    Do you possess any cool unique weapons/items? Examples are Edwin's amulet, Anomen's Shield, Nalia's ring, etc.

If yes, is it unequipable? Ahem I mean I just want to take a good look at it.
    Syntia13
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    So your party seemingly has 1½ cleric and 1½ thief. Don't you find it lacks some oomph? Is CHARNAME a titbrain?
    Hexxat, I must insist on an answer from YOU regarding the titbrainedness of CHARNAME. Tell Edwin to identify something so he shuts up.
    Would you say CHARNAME was luckier than you when Tymora decided who should be whose sister?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    image Elminster : Who do you like better. Terminsel or Elminster?
    IllustairChildofBhaal599JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    What do you think about Imoen ? And about the fact that she dualled into a mage ?
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    edited October 2013
    I'm not sure who this Charname is, but he sounds like a chump. Let's say, hypothetically, there was this other, equally powerful adventuring leader running around Amn, though, and that he was a Blackguard. He's also quite handsome and charming, too. Anyway, he's got all these plans, see, like helping the Shadow Thieves and this "other thief guild" wipe each other out so he can take advantage of the power vacuum. He just needs to deal with this really powerful wizard who holds some secret about his heritage, and maybe I guess rescue a childhood friend. What advice would you have for this gallant mastermind? Would you join him in his rakish and sinister exploits?
    Eudaemonium
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    How do you feel about loyalty, deception and keeping promises?
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    this is actually pretty amusing. your responses are well thought out, taking into account alignment, class, and character interactions. if you dont work with on these games.... perhaps you should.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    For someone who came up with such a genius thread you must be able to find a better job than a common thief..
    PaulgEudaemonium
  • ManchildKartManchildKart Member Posts: 208
    I'm sold. Where in Amn should I go to recruit you, Hexxat? Also if you had to define your alignment, what would it be?
    hmm, are you a regular thief? or a sub-class thief like swashbuckler or asssassin?
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    Delvarian said:

How do you feel about loyalty, deception and keeping promises?

image Hexxat: I think that, in some ways, the promises people make to me are more important than the ones I make to them. Deception is part of life; people lie. It's as common as breathing.

image Hexxat: Lies are the lubricant of our social machine. They keep the wheels spinning. So I recognise they're important, but at the same time, I don't want to be lied to. Does that make sense?

image Hexxat: I mean, look. A CHARNAME with 11 intelligence is going to make a terrible wizard, right? But he's also the descendant of a GOD. You're not going to up and tell him that he's going to be a failure at his chosen career forever and that he should just quit while he's still breathing, because that would be pretty dumb. Instead you tell him that he just needs to apply himself harder and that everything will be okay in the end. Tell him gentle lies, like "everything happens for a reason".

image Hexxat: Where I grew up, a lot of bad things happened for no reason at all. That lesson stuck with me forever.

image Hexxat: So don't get all bent out of shape when people lie to you. It's all part of the social games we play with each other. Lie, spot when others are lying to you, and use that to your advantage.
    JuliusBorisovlakridsBugrat
    Paulg said:

this is actually pretty amusing. your responses are well thought out, taking into account alignment, class, and character interactions. if you dont work with on these games.... perhaps you should.

image Hexxat: Aww, you're a peach. Thank you!
    Bugrat
    edited October 2013
    Paulg said:

hmm, are you a regular thief? or a sub-class thief like swashbuckler or asssassin?

image Hexxat: I'm more than just a regular thief. In what way... well, I don't think it's wise to discuss it in such a public arena, but there's definitely more to this cat than meets the eye.

image Jan Jansen: Ahh, it is as I always suspected. You're a Big Metal Unit. Party of Charname... roll out!

image Viconia: It's just a figure of speech, you diminutive half-wit.
    Post edited by Sasayaki on
    EudaemoniumPaulgAristilliusBugrat
    ha! transformer refrence! you should seriously be doing this for a living.
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    At one note i am happy to have variation in my party but on the other. How would you act when Jaheira and Viconia are fighting to get me? Self righteousness is plenty in our realm(Rasad,Jaheira) but being open to new ideas is great thing. Ah fourthsome sounds great)) on serious note, What sub-kit as thief are you?
    Paulg said:

ha! transformer refrence! you should seriously be doing this for a living.

image Hexxat: Thank you! I really appreciate it.
    Bugrat