Skip to content

[UNOFFICIAL] Ask Hexxat Anything

Comments

• onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Can paladins what?! They can do what?! Dammit! The suspense is killing me.

Incidentally, It's 3AM where I am, I have a deadline I need to meet tomorrow (today?), the wife's sleeping inside and I am procrastinating with fake Hexxat. Clearly someone cast a confusion on me. Right. Dispel magic and bye.
    PaulgEudaemonium
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    paladins are members of the most radiant heart, obviously a religious group of knights. so its logical to ask such a question, however, keldorn did have children. so that should be the answer right there.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I'm hating how much I'm liking you Hexxat. I'm rather concerned however that when we meet in Amn in person you'll not be the same.
    PaulgEudaemonium
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Sasayaki said:

image Hexxat: Look. Would I date a paladin? Mmm -- maybe I'd let one lay on hands me, if you know what I mean, after a few drinks... but I don't know how far things could go. Can paladins even, you know...

What if I were to fall for you? (figuratively and literally) - would you like me then?
  • havlyahavlya Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2013
    Haer'Dalis or Anomen or Valygar who do like most?
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    havlya said:

Haer'Dalis or Anomen or Valygar who do like most?

image Hexxat: Hard one. I probably like Haer'Dalis the most; something about that guy is really kind of alluring, in a mysterious, dark kind of way. I like the fact that he's so... alien. So unlike everyone else.

image Edwin: Then perhaps you should consider making yourself one of my consorts. I, too, am entirely unlike all others. (Above. Better than.)

image Hexxat: Yeah. No.

image Hexxat: Valygar is probably pretty nice too, once you get to know him. I think he's the kind of guy who takes a bit of getting used to... he's got a lot of baggage in there, and that's just something I find pretty unattractive. I'm looking for someone who'll accept me for who I am. No more, no less. A partner. Someone I can be an equal with.

image Edwin: My equal? Pah. Forget I spoke. (Such a thing could not be further from the truth...)

image Aerie: It's really nice that you want to be partners with someone, though. That's something I think a lot of people forget when they're looking for romance. They forget that it's more than just... just... you know. It's an emotional, even spiritual connection. And Haer'Dalis is certainly quite an emotionally rich person.

image Hexxat: Speaking of baggage, though... Anomen, Anomen, Anomen. Where do I even begin?

image Viconia: It's a no-win situation with that rivel. He either embraces his goody-two-shoes nature and becomes a boring, flat imitation of a man, or he becomes a moody, depressed whiner. Pass.

image Hexxat: Without going as far as that... I am inclined to agree. Haer'Dalis is probably the best pick out of those three, but I'm really looking for something more.
    JuliusBorisovIllustairLuigirulesBugrat
    edited October 2013
    meagloth said:

Watch as beamdog is desperately copy and pasting all this amazing dialogue into bg2ee, and it all shows up in the game.

image Hexxat: Honestly, if they wanted to include anything, they could just ask. I'd be honoured. I may be a thief, but I'm not above sharing a bit too.
    Bugrat
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Sorry to hear that Viconia has let herself go. She was quite the stunner back in her heyday.

Hexxat, what's your secret to keeping such a trim figure?
    edited October 2013

Sorry to hear that Viconia has let herself go. She was quite the stunner back in her heyday.

Hexxat, what's your secret to keeping such a trim figure?

image Hexxat: Well, it's mainly exercise, along with not equipping items that increase my strength or constitution. As Viconia indicated, an increase in strength typically comes with an increase in muscle mass; the problem is, magical items are indiscriminate in the way they buff you up. So you get stronger jaw muscles, for example, which hurts like hell when you bite your tongue.

image Hexxat: That's why I removed the strength belt I had when I was younger. I nearly severed my tongue. There are a lot of consequences to magic that people just don't get.

image Edwin: To inferior, non-Edwin magics, perhaps.

image Jaheira: It's a matter of balance. You cannot overload yourself with too much of anything -- chocolate, magic, or any passion. You must always temper your desires with moderation.

image Dorn: I could not disagree more, Jaheira. When offered a chance to drink from the cup of life you should fill your belly until it is overflowing; life only presents a precious few chances during our time on this mortal coil, each one must be seized as though it were our last. Too often it is.

image Imoen: Haer'Dalis might have something more to say about that, but he's been conspicuously absent thus far. As has Korgan, Sarevok, Cernd, Yoshimo, Anomen, Mazzy, Valygar and Nalia.

image Edwin: Mourn not their loss. (They were not relevant to anything anyway.)

image Viconia: Honestly, I value all the discussion regarding my behind. The Crom Feyr gives me the strength to smite my enemies; I care not if it affects my physical appearance. My radiant beauty cannot be tarnished by simple magics as this.

image Hexxat: No, of course not. Of course not. That hammer doesn't make you look fat at all.
    JuliusBorisovDrugarLuigirulesBugrat
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    I love the random colours for Neera!

Oh and this thread!
    EudaemoniumCorvino
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Sasayaki said:

image Viconia: Honestly, I value all the discussion regarding my behind. The Crom Feyr gives me the strength to smite my enemies; I care not if it affects my physical appearance. My radiant beauty cannot be tarnished by simple magics as this.

image Hexxat: No, of course not. Of course not. That hammer doesn't make you look fat at all.

Are you implying, Hexxat, that your posterior lacks volume, and your physique definition and musculature?
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Good point, Imoen, but I highly doubt anybody WANTS to hear from Anomen. Or Cernd.

Wouldn't mind hearing from Sarevok, though. He's cute!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Sasayaki

You're awesome!

Your avatar is awesome, your humor is awesome and your imagination is awesome! I didn't visit this forum at the weekend and have seen this thread only today. Great idea! I've tried to give you different reactions (not only likes but also agrees and insightfuls) so that you have your new badges. Thumbs up! Thumbs up indeed!

@Hexxat

What mysterious artifacts are you looking for?
    IllustairPaulg
    In Sarevok's defense, ladies, he would never stupidly obsess over some Plain Jane nobody. He, like myself, prefers the blossoming, er...potatoes...of the world of danger and intrigue. Sultry clerics from exotic locales, dutiful amazonion champions, mysterious treasure hunting thieves. I don't know, I'm just sort of tossing ideas out there.

Aaaanyway, Hexxat, how do you feel about poison? Never touch the stuff, myself, since I just call out to Bane and he slaps it on my sword for me, but I do like it in the capable hands of my minio- er, colleagues.

LordRumfish
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    You've even captured the "Nalia attitude", very clever indeed... I have even forgotten about it, but after reading your post, I was like "yeah that's how she really was, I remember now! Amazing." Silly me for not having tried BG1 NPC mod yet (there goes my nerd cred); but let me ask, how does this banters by @Sasayaki fare against that of the famed mod in terms of quality?

And by the way, you write fast. How much more if you took more lengthy time with serious thinking in writing banters?
    Paulg
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Why does the Interweb always come down to conversations about posteriors?

Hang on. Don't answer that one, the answer will probably be depressing.
    ChildofBhaal599
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    It's truly sad how excited I got when Nalia and Mazzy showed up. I felt like a tween girl at a Beiber concert for a moment. Don't worry, I slapped myself for it.
    LordRumfishPaulg
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508

In Sarevok's defense, ladies, he would never stupidly obsess over some Plain Jane nobody. He, like myself, prefers the blossoming, er...potatoes...of the world of danger and intrigue. Sultry clerics from exotic locales, dutiful amazonion champions, mysterious treasure hunting thieves. I don't know, I'm just sort of tossing ideas out there.

Aaaanyway, Hexxat, how do you feel about poison? Never touch the stuff, myself, since I just call out to Bane and he slaps it on my sword for me, but I do like it in the capable hands of my minio- er, colleagues.

I really, really hate to break it to you but... Bane's dead. Been dead these last 20 years gone.

You sure you haven't been calling out to his little brother Bone?
    Amberion said:

I really, really hate to break it to you but... Bane's dead. Been dead these last 20 years gone.

You sure you haven't been calling out to his little brother Bone?

Oh, hm, that's right. I'll have to rethink that bit. Though, I'm not sure which is more disturbing, that I forgot Bane was slain, or that my poisonous smite still works despite it...Hexxat! I need more advice! What do you think of our pantheon? Do you have a cool patron deity? I think I need to make a change of a divine nature.
    elminsterIllustair
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    everybody should go to the best of section right now this thread has taken over :)
    EudaemoniumPaulgJuliusBorisov
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Hexxat, do you have a good sense of humor? Inquiring jesters want to know. A sultry voice is nice, but witty or ridiculous commentary is essential.
    Paulg