Skip to content

(October 28th) New BGII:EE Media

PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
edited November 2013 in Archived News
Hi Friends,

There are three new music samples, a collection of new screenshots, and a piece of artwork for a mysterious thief known only as "Hexxat" over on the Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition website.

Okay bye!
Post edited by PhillipDaigle on
MortiannaEudaemoniumMessiZoimosronaldotrinitShapiroKeatsDarkMageFina92elminsterKamigoroshirdarkenJuliusBorisovNecdilzorDarksheerElectricMonkRedGuardghostowlCleaveAdulShadowdemonlolien

Comments

• wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited October 2013
    music is mysterious and really great, but i don't enjoy artwork :( , hexxat looks like another zombie
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Because I'm weird I like the inventory shot best, were those steaks already in BG2? That red bag at least seems like something new, and that Panther weapon thingy too of course. Also Hexxat's concept art looks interesting.

If you do another screenshot release, it would be really interesting to see the world map. Preferably with most places already discovered of course. ;)
    recklessheart
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Sploosh!
    Eudaemonium
  • Messi said:

Because I'm weird I like the inventory shot best, were those steaks already in BG2? That red bag at least seems like something new, and that Panther weapon thingy too of course. Also Hexxat's concept art looks interesting.

If you do another screenshot release, it would be really interesting to see the world map. Preferably with most places already discovered of course. ;)

The steak icon was used for the dog meat in the De'Arnise Keep quest, I believe, but you couldn't get ten of those, so it looks like it's being reused for something else.

I'm curious about this "Claw of the Black Leopard," whether it's another magical wand (albeit one usable by a Thief given the inventory shot) or perhaps a new weapon (maybe a Club/Mace?) or both.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    wojtek said:

music is mysterious and really great, but i don't enjoy artwork :( , hexxat looks like another zombie

This is the first part of a two part image.

wojtekEudaemoniumScooterJuliusBorisov
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    i hope second part is better :)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Hexxat is creepy.
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    image Hexxat: I gotta say, I'm looking really spunky in that concept art. I love my glowing eyes.
    Eudaemonium
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

wojtek said:

This is the first part of a two part image.

And we get the second part....?
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    Also, I love the music samples. Really creepy.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Sasayaki Remember to send me a link to your prediction in December to get your badge.
    FredjoIllustair
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Love the new Hexxat portrait (and those eyes!). It looks like those of us who've been pining for an evil thief may be getting our wish. ^ ^
    Eudaemonium
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Seconded! ^_^
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    EudaemoniumJuliusBorisov
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    @Sasayaki That really made me lol

New Hexxat image is scary :( Not cute at all :(
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2013
    I noticed on the new music sample for Rasaad it's tagged on soundcloud as "baby" while all the other samples including the new Hexxat ones are tagged as "Baldur's gate"...

I wonder why? :$

https://soundcloud.com/beamdog
  • BeridelBeridel Member Posts: 35
    All I have to say is: All Hail Barry, our glorious demi-god of Murder! He's way cooler than Abdel ever was!
    alannahsmithWillyML4
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Blakes7 said:

I don't suppose the new companions could have their portraits redone bg2 style ~ they seem out of place.

Yeah. I guess we'll have to mod them to become more BG2-like. Too bad :(
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Love the new interface art, it looks really great!
  • LaflammeLaflamme Member Posts: 54
    "Barry : What?" -> Barry White?
    Can't be a coincidence…
    Eudaemonium
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Looking at that Hexxat art. Definitely confirmed Shadowdancer.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Hexxat music is somewhat reminiscent of Planescape: Torment music. Makes me think of Annah a bit, and I've always thought that Hexxat would wind up being a Tiefling.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    The music sounds generally exotic-orientalish to me... If I were to predict based on that, I'd call Yuan-Ti Pureblood, or possibly a Genasi from Calimshan. Her eyes has vaguely Egyptian/Cleopatra-esque make-up, too, although that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    @bengoshi

As far as I'm aware, everyone has dialogue when they make critical misses. It's part of the expanded voiceset included in BG2.

Frankly, I'd be disappointed if the new NPC's DIDN'T say anything.
    Quartzghostowl
This discussion has been closed.