Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Alt-Tab equivalent on a mac (BGEE)

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,952
edited October 2013 in Mac OS X (Archive)
Anyone know what the equivalent is for this that they know for a fact actually works with BGEE? I've been using Command - Q, just to force it back to the desktop, but it would be nice if I had a better alternative. I've tried various other generic suggestions from google searches with no luck. I'm running the Lion OS.

Comments

  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,135
    Have you tried Command+shift+3??(and the only thing you'll get is a fullscreen screenshot :P) You'll get no luck if you hear me, what bad luck they've removed the command+shift+control+8 hotkey combo, or maybe it isn't working in my computer?? I have Lion too.
    Maybe "O" in the game, then "Quit Game", select "Quit" then "Back" and then give "Quit Game" a click :P. I do not know a easier way, there are more complicated ways of exiting applications in OS X, Command+Option+Esc will take out a window for you and you'll have to select the App you want to Force Quit.
    Also, Command+Q is the best and fastest ways of exiting applications in OS X.

  • thespacethespace Member Posts: 1,039
    elminster said:

    Anyone know what the equivalent is for this that they know for a fact actually works with BGEE? I've been using Command - Q, just to force it back to the desktop, but it would be nice if I had a better alternative. I've tried various other generic suggestions from google searches with no luck. I'm running the Lion OS.

    Are you talking about exiting/entering full screen/desktop mode? If so then the hot key is option + return.

  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,952
    thespace said:

    elminster said:

    Anyone know what the equivalent is for this that they know for a fact actually works with BGEE? I've been using Command - Q, just to force it back to the desktop, but it would be nice if I had a better alternative. I've tried various other generic suggestions from google searches with no luck. I'm running the Lion OS.

    Are you talking about exiting/entering full screen/desktop mode? If so then the hot key is option + return.
    Nah already tried that it does nothing.

  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    I actually came here to ask the same Q. I've been using cmd+q to get the "do you really want to exit BG:EE. Boo will miss you" window to show up. From there I am back on desktop but with BG:EE paused and hidden away.

  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    CrevsDaak said:

    Have you tried Command+shift+3??(and the only thing you'll get is a fullscreen screenshot :P) You'll get no luck if you hear me, what bad luck they've removed the command+shift+control+8 hotkey combo, or maybe it isn't working in my computer?? I have Lion too.
    Maybe "O" in the game, then "Quit Game", select "Quit" then "Back" and then give "Quit Game" a click :P. I do not know a easier way, there are more complicated ways of exiting applications in OS X, Command+Option+Esc will take out a window for you and you'll have to select the App you want to Force Quit.
    Also, Command+Q is the best and fastest ways of exiting applications in OS X.

    I (we) are actually looking for an alternative to cmq+q when we want to minimise BG:EE and for example check the internet. Cmd+q is awesome if you want to quit the game but as a tabbing mechanism it's subpar.

  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2013
    elminster said:

    thespace said:

    elminster said:

    Anyone know what the equivalent is for this that they know for a fact actually works with BGEE? I've been using Command - Q, just to force it back to the desktop, but it would be nice if I had a better alternative. I've tried various other generic suggestions from google searches with no luck. I'm running the Lion OS.

    Are you talking about exiting/entering full screen/desktop mode? If so then the hot key is option + return.
    Nah already tried that it does nothing.
    @elminster
    alt(same as option)+enter(sometimes reffered to as return (and not the same as backspace or delete)) works for me. It puts the game in window mode and from there I just cmd+tab. When I want to get back I use alt+enter again to go full screen. It's quick and less annoying than cmd+q.

    (I'm on OSX 10.9 Mavericks)

    alnairelminster
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    (Playing in windowed mode, being able to cmd+tab sure is making beta testing easier.)

  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Option+Return works for me too (Mavericks as well).

    Anyway, there's a feature request in the internal tracker asking to use OS X native fullscreen, thus giving the player the ability to switch apps with Cmd+Tab and even open Exposé and Mission Control with hotkeys/gestures.

    elminsterVintrastorm
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,952

    elminster said:

    thespace said:

    elminster said:

    Anyone know what the equivalent is for this that they know for a fact actually works with BGEE? I've been using Command - Q, just to force it back to the desktop, but it would be nice if I had a better alternative. I've tried various other generic suggestions from google searches with no luck. I'm running the Lion OS.

    Are you talking about exiting/entering full screen/desktop mode? If so then the hot key is option + return.
    Nah already tried that it does nothing.
    @elminster
    alt(same as option)+enter(sometimes reffered to as return (and not the same as backspace or delete)) works for me. It puts the game in window mode and from there I just cmd+tab. When I want to get back I use alt+enter again to go full screen. It's quick and less annoying than cmd+q.

    (I'm on OSX 10.9 Mavericks)
    Meh does the trick. Thanks.

Sign In or Register to comment.