Skip to content

Alt-Tab equivalent on a mac (BGEE)

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited October 2013 in Mac OS X (Archive)
Anyone know what the equivalent is for this that they know for a fact actually works with BGEE? I've been using Command - Q, just to force it back to the desktop, but it would be nice if I had a better alternative. I've tried various other generic suggestions from google searches with no luck. I'm running the Lion OS.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Have you tried Command+shift+3??(and the only thing you'll get is a fullscreen screenshot :P) You'll get no luck if you hear me, what bad luck they've removed the command+shift+control+8 hotkey combo, or maybe it isn't working in my computer?? I have Lion too.
    Maybe "O" in the game, then "Quit Game", select "Quit" then "Back" and then give "Quit Game" a click :P. I do not know a easier way, there are more complicated ways of exiting applications in OS X, Command+Option+Esc will take out a window for you and you'll have to select the App you want to Force Quit.
    Also, Command+Q is the best and fastest ways of exiting applications in OS X.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    thespace said:

elminster said:

Anyone know what the equivalent is for this that they know for a fact actually works with BGEE? I've been using Command - Q, just to force it back to the desktop, but it would be nice if I had a better alternative. I've tried various other generic suggestions from google searches with no luck. I'm running the Lion OS.

Are you talking about exiting/entering full screen/desktop mode? If so then the hot key is option + return.
    Nah already tried that it does nothing.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    I actually came here to ask the same Q. I've been using cmd+q to get the "do you really want to exit BG:EE. Boo will miss you" window to show up. From there I am back on desktop but with BG:EE paused and hidden away.
    CrevsDaak said:

Have you tried Command+shift+3??(and the only thing you'll get is a fullscreen screenshot :P) You'll get no luck if you hear me, what bad luck they've removed the command+shift+control+8 hotkey combo, or maybe it isn't working in my computer?? I have Lion too.
    Maybe "O" in the game, then "Quit Game", select "Quit" then "Back" and then give "Quit Game" a click :P. I do not know a easier way, there are more complicated ways of exiting applications in OS X, Command+Option+Esc will take out a window for you and you'll have to select the App you want to Force Quit.
    Also, Command+Q is the best and fastest ways of exiting applications in OS X.

I (we) are actually looking for an alternative to cmq+q when we want to minimise BG:EE and for example check the internet. Cmd+q is awesome if you want to quit the game but as a tabbing mechanism it's subpar.
    edited October 2013
    elminster said:

thespace said:

elminster said:

Are you talking about exiting/entering full screen/desktop mode? If so then the hot key is option + return.
    @elminster
    alt(same as option)+enter(sometimes reffered to as return (and not the same as backspace or delete)) works for me. It puts the game in window mode and from there I just cmd+tab. When I want to get back I use alt+enter again to go full screen. It's quick and less annoying than cmd+q.

(I'm on OSX 10.9 Mavericks)
    (Playing in windowed mode, being able to cmd+tab sure is making beta testing easier.)
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Option+Return works for me too (Mavericks as well).

Anyway, there's a feature request in the internal tracker asking to use OS X native fullscreen, thus giving the player the ability to switch apps with Cmd+Tab and even open Exposé and Mission Control with hotkeys/gestures.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

elminster said:

thespace said:

elminster said:

@elminster
    alt(same as option)+enter(sometimes reffered to as return (and not the same as backspace or delete)) works for me. It puts the game in window mode and from there I just cmd+tab. When I want to get back I use alt+enter again to go full screen. It's quick and less annoying than cmd+q.

(I'm on OSX 10.9 Mavericks)
    Meh does the trick. Thanks.