Skip to content

Phase III Wrap-Up!

13»

Comments

• CharanCharan Member Posts: 118

Charan said:

Will this patch go live for steam version the same day as well?

Nope.

Well thats a bummer. I wonder how long it may take.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Charan said:

Charan said:

Will this patch go live for steam version the same day as well?

Nope.

Well thats a bummer. I wonder how long it may take.
    I believe devs have said it normally takes Atari a week to clear any patch release. So at least a week after the release on Beamdog.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    Dee said:

iPad?

The iPad has to go through Apple's approval process, which can take anywhere from one to three weeks.
    Let's hope it passes on the first round.
    Dee said:

Steam?

We're working on streamlining the update process for Steam, so it will hopefully be a bit faster this time, but we won't know for sure until it's done.

Streamlining, or STEAMlining. ;)
  • theoricustheoricus Member Posts: 115
    @Dee, uncomfortable question #1 - any interesting news about polish localization and/or VO? ;]
  • oldguyoldguy Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 22
    @Dee, Keep up the good work and thank you for mentioning Android! I am still hanging in and your mention of progress keeps me believing the wait is nearly over.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    elminster said:

I did however notice that Minsc is losing health whenever he rages (which is something you brought up). The berserker used to have this problem but it was fixed. Based on the description Minsc has less than 15 health just before the rage ends (So 16 health while under berserk which he then loses 15 of) he shouldn't fall unconscious. He should have 1 health left and be conscious.

@Dee Please look at this. As Elminster pointed out Minsc's Berzerk ability has the same bug Berserker Rage had earlier in the beta. Ie. at the end of the Berzerk it actually does 30 points of damage to him instead of 15. Considering how popular party member Minsc I really think this is something that should be fixed before the patch is released.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Messi said:

elminster said:

I did however notice that Minsc is losing health whenever he rages (which is something you brought up). The berserker used to have this problem but it was fixed. Based on the description Minsc has less than 15 health just before the rage ends (So 16 health while under berserk which he then loses 15 of) he shouldn't fall unconscious. He should have 1 health left and be conscious.

@Dee Please look at this. As Elminster pointed out Minsc's Berzerk ability has the same bug Berserker Rage had earlier in the beta. Ie. at the end of the Berzerk it actually does 30 points of damage to him instead of 15. Considering how popular party member Minsc I really think this is something that should be fixed before the patch is released.
    Since its specific to Minsc (berserker works fine from what I've found) I've put it in the tracker #6681.
  • HylvenHylven Member Posts: 63
    edited October 2013
    Hi !
    Very good jobs for this patch !

I have played beta since 15 days now.
    First with a male warrior (level 8), never encountered a single bug. I have no try Durlag's tower however.

Second with a female monk, only one bug : a crash of the game when Gorion died against Sarevok. For this new game, I have selected the option : "pause the game when a characterd kill an opponent". And it was strange : the game paused just when Gorion was killed by Sarevok ; the same pause as if one of my character had killed Gorion. I have tried several times to reproduces this crash : impossible.

Third with a male paladin : nothing happens but one strange thing with Rasaad. I would try Rasaad in this game. He begins to speak with me (his brother, his history, etc.). A couple of days later, he died against a kobold, (but not left the group). I Return to Nashkel to ressurected him (with the priest of Helm) and just after : he speak to me and begins once again the same discussion (his brother, his history, etc.).
    I try to reproduced this strange thing and after he died, every times after ressurection : he begins his story at the beginning, the same thing as if I encountered him for the first time.

I have also noticed all along these hours of beta testing, some strange things in the journal. I know that there are some problems in this journal, but nothing important.

Thank for your fantastic job !
    Sorry for my poor English, I am French ! I hop you have understood me.

And have a great day :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's related to a different issue. Noted: #6175
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Are we nearly there yet?
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    @SharGuidesMyHand I can clearly see that SharGuidedYourHand when you clicked on the 2nd poll option...and as for @Sylvus_Moonbow, your hand doesn't seem to aim as steady as it used to either...

Summa Summarum, I think you two should be banned from these forums for eternity, just my two cents

Well, I'm obviously going to be outvoted, but there are still some unresolved issues. A couple that I've recently come across:

-Montaron will leave your party (and take Xzar with him) if you attempt to talk to him while he is in your party, even if you only just recruited him.

What was your reputation?
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063

Times up !! RELEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    @Bazza that is super easy to fix. They just have to set the key as unstealable. 5 seconds of work :P
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    @Saradas or maybe better to leave that nice alternative option and open the Bridge also after stealing the key, hmm?
  • BazzaBazza Member Posts: 57
    @Saradas yeah that would be the easiest ( and no fun! ) as @Grieg said, you also still kill Davaeron :)
  • lycanraviolilycanravioli Member Posts: 9
    @Bazza - dude (or perhaps dudette?), great job with the thinking-out-of-the-box, but enough with the misspelling already... http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Davaeorn
    theoricus said:

@Dee, uncomfortable question #1 - any interesting news about polish localization and/or VO? ;]

Text should be in there for this patch. Voice-overs may need to wait until the next one.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    so now, not only some of us will ask questions about this upcoming patch, but when we get this another with VO finally
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

Fredjo said:

...and as for @Sylvus_Moonbow, your hand doesn't seem to aim as steady as it used to either...

Thankfully, my aim was true, and the delay in releasing the patch has been agreed upon so the bug can be addressed.

Though, from reading @Dee's response, it doesn't seem it will be a long wait.

Logic in my post
    ce-est* le* last thing one could find (*read with French accent)
    for the sole rationale
    behind my pitiful rant
    was my despair* lamentable* (*lire^ with French accent) {^this is also French accent}

I am but a hollow husk of a man now,
    only feeding on the very thought
    de le* patch existence... (French accent again)

Existe-t-il? (...French accent)
    Ou n'existe-il pas? (here too)
    Telle est la question.. (and also here)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Release the Krakpatch.
    There's a new poll up, and an update to the beta.
This discussion has been closed.