Skip to content

(BG1) Xvarts, Hobgoblins, Ogre Mage have incorrect alignments

KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
edited August 2012 in Fixed
They have now been given evil alignments, so they will be properly affected by spells/abilities such as Holy Smite (as intended).

(Originally found and fixed in DudlyFix)
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    edited June 2012
    Droth The ogre mage did not come up as evil when detect evil was used. Hobgoblins did come up as evil as did the unique Hobgoblin Zargal, however his two other named hobgoblin companions did not come up as evil.

Edit Normal ogre mage in a random encounter was detected as evil

Edit 2 Xvarts detected as evil, but Nexlit was not, this should please @HeroicSpur
    BhryaenSethDavis
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited June 2012
    @KeithS Can you list the exact .CRE files you fixed? I checked all the Xvarts, Hobgoblins and Ogre Mage I could find at Dudleyville and all were fixed except for OGRMBA.CRE.
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    Well, in OGRMBA's defense, having an MBA doesn't necessarily make him evil. It's just pretty likely. :P
    IgneousBjjorick
    The following should be fixed:

Anything with HOB* (like HOBGO2)
    Anything with XVART* (like XVART_A)

Any others that obviously should be evil but have been missed, just post em here and I'll make sure they make it into the next build.

OGRMBA.CRE actually should be fixed (he's lawful evil when I look at him) but maybe he somehow didn't get copied properly into the Private Beta build. I'll investigate him further.
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    @KeithS: Nexlit should not be evil. He should be given a good alignment, killing him should cause a reputation loss for the party (and alignment change to chaotic evil).
    BhryaenSethDavisMedillen
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @HeroicSpur
    lol!!!

*straightens face* Yes, I agree entirely.
    I can confirm Ogremba and Droth don't appear as evil.
    It seems that any plot/quest/speaking related xvarts/ogre mages don't appear as evil. Nexlit isnt evil and speaks, ogremba is quest related, as is Droth.

Otherwise the rest seem to appear as evil, normal xvarts and hobgoblins.
    Actually when I cast "Know Alignment" on Nexlit the Xvart it doesn't read him at all, just saying "Detect Alignment." Poker-faced Nexlit...
    Droth and OGRMBA will be fixed in the next version. I'm going to move this thread to the found and fixed section for now, and if anyone finds any other creatures that obviously have the wrong alignment, please make separate bug reports for them.
    I'm not sure how to report on this as I'm not certain exactly what was supposed to be fixed, but in 0629 OGRMBA.CRE isn't fixed (still set to 0- no alignment). As per request, however, I'm moving to a new thread on the subject and attempting to deal with it systematically...
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1301/bug-incorrect-creature-alignments

edited July 2012
    Confirmed Not Fixed:

Well, everything appears fixed as of Build0709 except that OGRMBA.CRE is still set to 0, though this is already being addressed in a parallel (and far more developed) thread here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1283/creature-corrections

Note that there's an OGREMBA and an OGRMBA... The latter is what persists...
    Post edited by Bhryaen on
    Nathan
    @Bhryaen Just to be sure, I went and changed OGRMBA right now. :)
    edited July 2012
    Confirmed Fixed:

Last one- OGRMBA.CRE now is LE (rather than "none").