Skip to content

What under-represented classes, races, genders and alignments are left in BG2:EE?

2»

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Corvino: Mazzy's really better suited to ranged combat - she gets the halfling bonus plus high proficiency in bows...
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @shawne the halfling bonus is to slings IIRC. While she does have bow proficiency she is still a good tank due to her high Dex and self-Str buff, and progresses rapidly enough as a single class fighter to get tons of proficiency points. There's a thread on these forums called "What to do with Mazzy?" and it seems that people have all kinds of tactics for including melee.
    elminster
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Alignment-wise, Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil are underrepresented, with only one NPC for each...

and Anomen eventually changes to Lawful Good or Chaotic Neutral, depending on the outcome of his quest.

This is why I think, if Hexxat is evil, she'll be Lawful Evil. If she's neutral, then Lawful Neutral--that is, if they intended to keep some sort of balance throughout the NPC alignments.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    Corvino said:

I have always perceived that there's a bit of a lack of female and neutral tanks in the Baldur's Gate games. I'm with @Thrasymachus that there are no neutral non-hybrid frontliners.

Jaheira's a good tank but only true neutral (she acts NG) due to the ruleset. I've not really used Mazzy enough to comment, which is a failing on my part. Despite getting on with neutral and evil parties quite well she's still LG, limiting her use in low-rep groups.

Yes, there's definitely a lack of neutral frontliners in both games. Jaheira, Anomen (only if he fails his quest), and maybe Haer'dalis. That's it. A chaotic neutral barbarian or perhaps even a lawful neutral vanilla fighter would even this out.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Mortianna said:

Alignment-wise, Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil are underrepresented, with only one NPC for each...

and Anomen eventually changes to Lawful Good or Chaotic Neutral, depending on the outcome of his quest.

This is why I think, if Hexxat is evil, she'll be Lawful Evil. If she's neutral, then Lawful Neutral--that is, if they intended to keep some sort of balance throughout the NPC alignments.
    Well, it is true that they made all the EE NPCs (Easter Egg aside) a rough balance: Lawful Good, Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil. So they might be into preserving balance somewhat, but to what extent is debatable. BG1 had a pretty large variety of NPC alignments, after all. For vanilla in Evil alone there were two Lawfuls, three Chaotics, and three Neutrals.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Although I'm really neutral about having a female dwarf in the party or a female dwarven Barbarian But I can't help but feel if they made her romanceble it would be some what like this.
    PC: Why do I love you?
    Female Dwarven Barbarian: Because I'm the only one that can pick you up darling.

Though personally I would love to have a female Triefling or Ashmir(I don't think I spelled that right) in the party there was that one female Triefling rogue that you met early game in NWN2 that I absolutely loved. Class really wouldn't matter to me.
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2013
    I think a female,lawful neutral, dwarfen defender would fill a big gap.

You would get a nice tank for the neutral allignment and an extra shorty.(we have yet to have a female dwarf in either game.)

Its not to cliché either in my opinion so I think the character could be written quite interestingly.

MortiannaArchaos
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited October 2013
    they badly need a dwarf who isn't chaotic evil so that people can actually have a dwarf in there party

a romancable short character is needed

and also a female short character of which there is none

of course all these could be fixed by one character but they are still the weakest aspects of the cast imo. although a barbarian would be nice
    element said:

MAZZY!!! :O

:'(
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I'd agree with a romanceable Lawful Neutral female Dwarven Defender. That would be the logical next step after filling the evil female Thief hole, I think.
    Archaos
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Shameless Advertisement for a frontline/tanking capable female dwarven skald with female shorty romance http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/382134 Except for making her romance m or f, and changing the alignment to neutral, I think I covered many things that are lacking.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Female barbarian, or dwarven defender, with no bullshit attitude would be fun to have. Also a sorceror in BG2 would be awesome.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356

Mortianna said:

Well, it is true that they made all the EE NPCs (Easter Egg aside) a rough balance: Lawful Good, Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil. So they might be into preserving balance somewhat, but to what extent is debatable. BG1 had a pretty large variety of NPC alignments, after all. For vanilla in Evil alone there were two Lawfuls, three Chaotics, and three Neutrals.
    If Hexxat is Lawful Evil, the Evil alignments would then be balanced perfectly:
    Lawful Evil: Edwin, Hexxat
    Neutral Evil: Dorn, Viconia
    Chaotic Evil: Korgan, Sarevok
    We can always hope, can't we?
    Eudaemonium
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833

element said:

MAZZY!!! :O

:'(
    wow what was going on there I don't know why I typed that.
    i think i meant to say dwarf

id better go apologise to Mazzy

Mortianna said:

Mortianna said:

If Hexxat is Lawful Evil, the Evil alignments would then be balanced perfectly:
    Lawful Evil: Edwin, Hexxat
    Neutral Evil: Dorn, Viconia
    Chaotic Evil: Korgan, Sarevok
    We can always hope, can't we?

Yes, Yes we can!
    Mortianna
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Skagneti said:

I think a female,lawful neutral, dwarfen defender would fill a big gaply

You would get a nice tank for the neutral allignment and an extra shorty.(we have yet to have a female dwarf in either game.)

Its not to cliché either in my opinion so I think the character could be written quite interestingly.

Exactly what I had in mind. A romancable, Female, Lawful Neutral, Dwarven Defender with high CON. She would be the other side of Korgan. And maybe she would have relations to Yeslick in some way. It would fill a ton of gaps and satisfy a lon of people, I think.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I just want an awesome halfling. Alora and Montaron are awesome, but Mazzy doesn't cut it for me.
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    There are no kited clerics, And the only competent cleric is evil.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Frosty said:

There are no kited clerics, And the only competent cleric is evil.

Anomen is a beastly front-liner, as all Fighter/Clerics are.

KidCarnivalMortianna