Skip to content

(October 28th) New BGII:EE Media

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738

@PhillipDaigle
    I have to say, those attack symbols on the portraits are looking awfully big. Is there any way that one could choose to have them smaller, like in BG:EE?

Also, sometimes they come in from the right and sometimes they come from the left. Why not have them all coming from the same side, so to speak?

I notice that Minscs weapon seems to be placed higher up in the corner than the others, which I'd prefer. It doesn't cover the whole portrait. But it's also a bit inconsistent, isn't it?

http://baldursgateii.com/images/screens/screen11.jpg

Same thing caught my eye. I really hope this isn't intentional because, and maybe I missed the feedback, I've never heard anyone complaining how to attack symbols don't cover enough of the character portraits.
    Syntia13
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

@bengoshi

As far as I'm aware, everyone has dialogue when they make critical misses. It's part of the expanded voiceset included in BG2.

Frankly, I'd be disappointed if the new NPC's DIDN'T say anything.

They didn't get any rare selection lines, though, which really bugged me. I loved those lines. I kinda hope they finally get them in BG2EE.

Going to add a voice to the 'please shrink those attack icons' choir. They're really distracting and, well... ugly.
    DarksheeralnairJuliusBorisov
    Can @SethDavis for example comment on the attack icons being a lot larger in those screenshots than they are currently in BGEE?
    Mortianna
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    (And the directions, possibly?
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    My favorite is Nalia. "Ah, heck."
    RedGuard
    SethDavis said:

@Messi - Oh god they know I exist! *hides under the bed*

There was a bit of trouble at one point updating weapon icons to not be blurry and the size changes had some unexpected effects. We fixed it in BG:EE but I guess in the fervor we missed a few things in BGII:EE. It's definitely not intended so I'll be taking a look at it.

(Just to be clear you are also meaning the weapon icons that are on top or the character portraits when the attack action is selected? )
    SethDavis
    SethDavis said:

@Messi - Oh god they know I exist! *hides under the bed*

There was a bit of trouble at one point updating weapon icons to not be blurry and the size changes had some unexpected effects. We fixed it in BG:EE but I guess in the fervor we missed a few things in BGII:EE. It's definitely not intended so I'll be taking a look at it.

Thanks for the reply. :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Mortianna said:

Love the new Hexxat portrait (and those eyes!). It looks like those of us who've been pining for an evil thief may be getting our wish. ^ ^

Why do you think Hexxat is evil? Glowing eyes, dark hoodie?
    JuliusBorisovEudaemoniumShapiroKeatsDarkMage

Mortianna said:

Love the new Hexxat portrait (and those eyes!). It looks like those of us who've been pining for an evil thief may be getting our wish. ^ ^

One would assume.

That said, Rasaad looks pretty evil in his portrait. XD
    ItomonQuartzsunset00
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    The new inventory looks awesome (everything actually). I get the feeling it took an inspiration from the mod of @Archaic. Thanks Overhaul!

I can't help but notice "Najim" as well; and what's the gold coin supposed to represent in the quick pickup panel (or whatever it is called)...could it be that you can now place coins in containers?
    JuliusBorisov
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Avenger_teambg

Obviously, it's speculation, since we have so little information on Hexxat, but the lack of an evil thief in BG2 combined with a dark and sinister-looking portrait suggests evil to me. Which I'm quite thrilled about, actually.
    Eudaemonium
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    I gotta say that the new map with the big, uh partially subterranean tree looks awesome. I wanna buy the art guy a beer :)
    alannahsmithelminsterQuartz
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187

I gotta say that the new map with the big, uh partially subterranean tree looks awesome. I wanna buy the art guy a beer :)

I want to buy the art guy a wedding ring! But then... I would be betraying the BGEE of my life... and now BG2EE is coming, omg i'm a heartbreaker

Illustair
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Well i asume she's evil cos... if we don't get an evil thief i'm going to be highly mad at Beamdog!!!

I'm ki... no i'm not. :)! Serious, an evil thief is really an need in BG2.
    Wandering_MinstrelEudaemonium
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I'd be fine with neutral because it would work more diverse parties.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    I wont be fine with non-flexible neutral. Neutral thats changeable to either evil or good at the end of personal quest is fine however.
    Eudaemoniumrdarken
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Neutral leave at reputation 1 or 2, so... no, i want her to be an evil thief plz.
    EudaemoniumQuartz
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I like the idea of a neutral that can change. The problem with neutral is that too often (Jan), they're just goodie goodies in disguise.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Mortianna said:

Saw the "glowing eyes" Hexxat picture and thought "She's a Sith Lord!"

Syntia13
    So, when are we going to get the second piece of art? Next Monday? The Monday after?
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    You guys should just troll everyone by making Hexxat a Thief who can't disarm traps/open locks and only used for backstabbing
    Quartz
  • nemiafalanemiafala Member Posts: 18
    If that happens, my assassin might end up backstabbing her just on principle for being less useful for her party. Then again, that would mean I'd have a reason to put Dorn and Jan in the same party...
    @AndrewFoley
    You guys should just troll everyone by making Hexxat a Shadowdancer who can't hide in shadows/move silently and only has points in detect illusion
    Quartz

@AndrewFoley
    You guys should just troll everyone by making Hexxat a Shadowdancer who can't hide in shadows/move silently and only has points in detect illusion

Maybe next time. This time around, we're making her a thief who can't disarm traps/open locks and can only be used for backstabbing, per ghostowl's suggestion.
    I'm always so proud of how the devs take suggestions from the community seriously here :)
    PibaroScooterFredjo
    So, since its a week from the last media update and 11 days until BG2EE is released (woohoo!), will we be getting part two of that Hexxat artwork today, or later in the week, or next week? Any timetable for us to look forward to here?
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

So, since its a week from the last media update and 11 days until BG2EE is released (woohoo!), will we be getting part two of that Hexxat artwork today, or later in the week, or next week? Any timetable for us to look forward to here?

Did someone say there would be a part two for the Hexxat artwork? That's news to me. (Seriously. But then again, nobody tells me nuthin'.)

This discussion has been closed.