Skip to content

Game Update: v1.2.0

Comments

• TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Xathos said:

Tome said:

My custom portraits don't seem to be working. They are detected, but when I select them the portrait space remains black and ingame they are the typical stone ? symbol.

Read the patch notes, son.

Firstly, the condescension was wholly unnecessary.

Secondly, the patch notes talk of a new feature. I was mentioning a potential bug.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    All my custom portraits work fine as before, so it might be a bug at your end. Worth knowing if anyone else is having this issues.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    As I said in my edit, it seems to have been an isolated incident that has now resolved itself. Hopefully you're right and it was a bug on my end. :)
  • xxsoulxxxxsoulxx Member Posts: 3
    When does the patch come out on steam ? It wont update yet .
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Ask Atari. Beamdog aren't responsible for the Steam release.
    xxsoulxxRythgar
  • xxsoulxxxxsoulxx Member Posts: 3
    This sucks...
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Noticed it said the "Thieving" icon will also appear on the main bar with cleric/thieves but that doesn't seem to be the case... perhaps I misread?
  • GoodSteve said:

Noticed it said the "Thieving" icon will also appear on the main bar with cleric/thieves but that doesn't seem to be the case... perhaps I misread?

What they did was add keybinding support for the Thievery ability, so you can assign a key that will bring up the open lock/find trap/pick pocket cursor.

JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    mackos said:

and Ice Storm was not added :(

Even if they were to get around to my request (which to be honest given the thousands of request out there I wouldn't expect) I certainly wouldn't expect it to happen so soon after it was made.
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    Wow, if you worked on BG2EE as you worked on BGEE with this beta, then i cant wait to buy it :) besides that awesome work. Time to install BG2Tweaks and become the new lord of DARTS MUAHAHAH! great job Overhaul
    mch202
  • ThubbThubb Member Posts: 8
    Great stuff . The only thing iam not liking is the Backstab progression for the Shadowdancer.

Level 1-8: x1 will make the class borderline useless for bg1.

I still think Dees suggested progression in the "Tweaking the thieves" thread make more sense.
    Backstab progression :
    - Level 1-4: x1
    - Level 5-8: x2
    - Level 9-12: x3
    - Level 13-16: x4
    - Level 17+: x5
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I fully encourage you to use the mod I posted if that suits your preference better. We may look at revising it later, if there's sufficient feedback on the mod from a variety of players.
    JuliusBorisov
  • EketEket Member Posts: 69
    edited November 2013
    @dee

Awesome! hope it gets released on iPad soon. I read the entire patch log, but nit reading anything on iPad specific fixes. A few questions:

- The new renderer fixes iPad framerate as well?
    - Dragging the screen often caused a tap to occur making your characters move when you didn't integd them to. Has this been fixed?
    - Making the correct dialogue choice requires a lot of precision, has there been any change there?
    - i read something about scaling the ui. can we do this on ipad as well?
    - highlighting hidden objects on the map?
    - Any other optimisations? For example party orientation, showing tooltips, opening bags/containers, splitting stacks

Thanks
    Post edited by Eket on
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Kaigen said:

GoodSteve said:

What they did was add keybinding support for the Thievery ability, so you can assign a key that will bring up the open lock/find trap/pick pocket cursor.

Brilliant. How's that supposed to work on the iPad?
  • RemenissionsRemenissions Member Posts: 102
    Started to read the "Other Improvements" spoiler, didn't realize it said 333 improvements. Got about a quarter of the way through and was excited, decided to skip reading the rest so scrolled past it and decided i better not read it all, or else I might end up needing to change pants..
  • Xyzzy01Xyzzy01 Member Posts: 2
    Any update on save game syncing? While I have one main system, it would be nice to be able to continue the game on iPad or a laptop when travelling.
  • Dronovich_mskDronovich_msk Member Posts: 45
    Will be Russian and Ukrainian languages avaliable with this patch on Ipad?
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    If the Demon Knight cannot be killed on the first floor of Durlag's Tower, how am I supposed to get the Helm of Opposite Alignment, other than EE Keeper?
    sepotter said:

If the Demon Knight cannot be killed on the first floor of Durlag's Tower, how am I supposed to get the Helm of Opposite Alignment, other than EE Keeper?

Um, yeah. Why was this changed? It gave no experience and was the only legitimate way to get that item.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited November 2013
    iKrivetko said:

Brilliant. How's that supposed to work on the iPad?

You get the button among the choices available through the special ability button (star). The hotkey is just a quicker way, if you have keys, of course.
    It was already there in the previous version (1.0.2014). Or maybe it's because I'm checking with a save game made with the new patch.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790

sepotter said:

Um, yeah. Why was this changed? It gave no experience and was the only legitimate way to get that item.
    In my last play it dropped off the demon knight at the end of Durlag's Tower..
    EudaemoniumJuliusBorisov
  • QuinnQuinn Member Posts: 14
    ..and when can Steam customers expect this update?
    xxsoulxx
  • Spellsword82Spellsword82 Member Posts: 15
    And the Android version? The new renderer supposedly works on Android so we'll see that soon, right?
    etotheo
    @Quinn as soon as Apple approves :-)
    Sed said:

sepotter said:

In my last play it dropped off the demon knight at the end of Durlag's Tower..
    Ah, okay! This is awesome, then. It means its actually easier to get it now (well, barring having to do Durlag's tower, but at least no tedious reloading to get a paralyse on him).
    I've always hated Durlag's Tower myself ^^
    The_New_Romance
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Only got to briefly touch on and play around with the new patch last night (spent most of the night reinstalling World of Tanks for myself and my dad (it also had a patch last night...) and other fun things like that...).

I have to say I am very impressed so far. If I had one nitpick to make it was that I wasn't impressed with the Beamdog.net protocol for multiplayer.

My quick-saves took longer to complete than normal saves and area transitions were generally much slower too. Probably going to stick with TCP/IP in that case :)

Other than that, A+ guys, well worth the wait. Now the question is if I'll get through another full playthrough before BG2:EE :)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Cuv said:

It's Alive!!!!

Cuv
This discussion has been closed.