Skip to content

Lookalike Contest - Gorion!

I'm still a bit undecided between two, Donald Sutherland and Peter McCauley. For those of you who don't know him, Peter McCauley played Lucius in Spartacus:Vengeance.

Who's the real Gorion to you?

lolien

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    We're never really given a good portrait image of Gorion, so this one's going to be a lot more open to interpretation than the others.
  • Corvino said:

We're never really given a good portrait image of Gorion, so this one's going to be a lot more open to interpretation than the others.

I'm going by the image of him at the end of Throne of Bhaal :)
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I don't recall that one @TethorilofLathander, and google images doesn't seem to show it up. Any chance of a link to the image?
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    My vote is #2 in OP.
    TethorilofLathander
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    I stand corrected guys, we may have a new winner. Kevin Kline!

jackjack
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    since this was resurrected, my vote goes with the Don. One of the quickets talkers in cinema history, he'll rip you through Candlekeep and out into the woods before you can blink. Plus, that means that Keifer is a bhaalspawn, right? Too brilliant a concept to pass up ;-)
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2014
    The Artastrophe Gorion is, as far as I am concerned, lock stock and canon.

So whoever that's based upon, I guess
    meaglothJenzafar
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited July 2014
    What are Gorion's stats? If he has high charisma Ian Mckellen fits, the guy has great presence and a commanding aura IMHO. Everyone remembers Gandalf's 'fly, you fools!' scene and he is a very suave evil leader as Magneto.

If Gorion is the more bookish-humble type, than it does not fit that much. Then again Ian Mckellen can play pretty much any old wise mentor role.
    jackjack
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited July 2014
    Especially because of his amazing voice, my vote would go to actor John Hurt (who for years I had assumed voiced acted Gorion to begin with).

Here's a clip of him speaking:

meaglothCrevsDaak
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited July 2014
    Here is some BG1 concept art of Gorion:

Looks a lot like John Hurt to me as well.
    Tuth
    Lemernis said:

@Buttercheese, That is Tethtoril, actually. :-) I still have the original manual and that's the picture next to his descrpition on p.59.

Oh, wow, pretty much every source I know says that this is Gorion :'D
    (I have the DVD version of the game, no manual in that.)
    @Lemernis‌:
    You are the best ;3;
    jackjackCrevsDaak[Deleted User]lolien
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Np :-)

I'd forgotten what a heavyweight Tethtoril is!
    Buttercheese
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited July 2014
    Lemernis said:

Np :-)

I'd forgotten what a heavyweight Tethtoril is!

Your telling me. I had to import a full lvl 40 party to wack him, and I lost half of it. The 1,2 patch made him totally unkillable though. Gorion as well, I think. Or at least much harder.
    Post edited by meagloth on
    jackjack
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

Your telling me. I had to import a full lvl 40 party to wack him, and I lost have of it.

Come on, you can kill him easily with Time Stop + Improved Alacrity, 3x Lower Resistance, some Greater Malisson and then all of your Finger of Death, but you'll need the Robe of Vecna to do this :/

You can also use Time Stop, turn into a Mind Flayer and drain his INT to death.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CrevsDaak said:

meagloth said:

Your telling me. I had to import a full lvl 40 party to wack him, and I lost have of it.

Come on, you can kill him easily with Time Stop + Improved Alacrity, 3x Lower Resistance, some Greater Malisson and then all of your Finger of Death, but you'll need the Robe of Vecna to do this :/

You can also use Time Stop, turn into a Mind Flayer and drain his INT to death.
    Hmmm... I though I tried that and it didn't work, the illithid trick, that is.
    And he would insta-lighninged me before I could get a time-stop off, so I needed fodder. I figure I might as well make it so they can hit him. I didn't have a robe of Venca, either.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Sergio said:

why would you use a ToB character to kill Gorion? O.o? For fun? For the lulz? Where is the point? :(

For his _blood_ Mwahahahaha!!!
    jackjack
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    Oh mega, mega kudos to Ian McG for wearing that T-Shirt. But I still think Artastrophe's portrait is the best. He's old enough to be wise and learned, but looks young enough to have dealt with a couple of bratty kids growing up (yes Imoen, that's you I'm talking about), and he's fit enouh to be a powerful force in battle. and to my middle aged eyes just just fit!
    CaloNordBlackravenCrevsDaakterzaerian
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I've always imagined Ian Gelder as Gorion. If he grew a beard or a goatee he could probably do it really well. He just seems to have that nice balance. At least to me.
    TethorilofLathanderjackjackBlackraven