Skip to content

Game Update: v1.2.0

Comments

• Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    Thank ye kindly. Giant Space Hamsters everywhere rejoice!
    The_New_Romance
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    are we supposed to post in the beta section when we find any bug ? or is the beta section just for multiplayer now ?
    I just found a little bug when i can't scroll (and read the end of) my modified biography in the character screen, after the game is started.
  • KozakaiKozakai Member Posts: 4
    Could I report bug in this thread?
    I found a bug in Japanese language.
    The one character of end of line is not displayed normally.
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    @reedmilfam

'Improved interaction with Courtesans'

It's amazing... the things that stick when glancing through the update list at a speed where everything is basically incomprehensible. I'm ashamed but also glad that I found a like minded person in this.

/manhug

In general. YAY! and still plenty of time to finish a play-through before BG2EE. :)
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    BGEE is crashing since this update, particularly when I try to start a game either from a saved game or new. This is happening on two machines of mine. Anyone else having something like this? I'm going through compatibility modes now to see if I can resolve it.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm getting these messages:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26918756/msg1.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26918756/msg2.png
    Alkalurops
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Chris_
    Had you ever installed any mods on your game?

In any case, try moving the Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder to your desktop and running the game again, and see if that fixes the problem.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

I'm excited about BGEE again :)

me too!

• Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 4
    Dee said:

@Chris_

In any case, try moving the Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder to your desktop and running the game again, and see if that fixes the problem.

Actually after I installed the update I installed the 'Super Ultimate Portrait Pack'. That actually adds the portraits into the SQL. I removed that and it's working again. So - looks like that portrait pack is no good w/ the latest update... at least w/ my experience.

Thanks for your help, Dee!
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    BG:EE won't start after upgrading to this patch. :(
    Removed all mods before upgrading and made sure nothing fuzzy was going on... geting error messages before i get a chance to even fire up the game.

I'm reinstalling the whole thing outside of program files directory now to see if that helps!
    Xavioria
    Chris_ said:

Dee said:

@Chris_

Actually after I installed the update I installed the 'Super Ultimate Portrait Pack'. That actually adds the portraits into the SQL. I removed that and it's working again. So - looks like that portrait pack is no good w/ the latest update... at least w/ my experience.

Thanks for your help, Dee!
    That seems consistent with what we're finding.

So if you're seeing SQL errors, uninstall the Super Ultimate Portrait Pack and that should fix the problem.
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    Any idea whether mods like Sword Coast Stratagems or BG2 Tweakpack will require updating after this patch? I almost can’t wait to play again, but would hate to hit a barrage of bugs and mismatches…
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Where am I supposed to download this? It's not showing up in my beamdog client.
    Gawdzilla
    @belgarathmth
    Try the following two things, in order (only do the second thing if the first thing doesn't work):

1) Close the client down and start it up again. Sometimes it doesn't refresh correctly.

2) If that doesn't work, go into Program Files\Beamdog\Games\ and delete 766.status, and then restart the client. That will tell the client to verify the game's status, which will also make it grab the latest update.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Dee, thanks for the fast response. Number 1 worked, but I had to go into the Task Manager and End Process. Just shutting down the window doesn't actually shut down the Beamdog Launcher, and I don't often restart my computer. Anyway, the little plus for updating is there now. Thanks again.
  • AntignitionAntignition Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2013
    Are custom soundsets still a bit screwy? Has anything been changed regarding them?

Converted some IWD soundset to the format in the BGEE soundlist and even though things play fine when *selecting* a soundset, my character is mute when in game. I've tried modifying the charsound.2da file and whatnot to no avail.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I find that sound sets only work in game if you rename them to CustomXa etc, with X being a number between 0 and 9. That's the only way I've got them playing in the actual
  • AntignitionAntignition Member Posts: 23
    Oddly enough, that did the trick for the most part. Thanks.

It does seem like certain sounds never play though. Just tested it out and he never shouts his battle cry (it plays correctly on the soundset selection screen).
  • OlorinOlorin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 142
    Is the update live on the Mac App Store yet? It does not appear in the "Updates" tab but, when navigating to BG:EE page, the button below the game's icon says "Update" instead of "Installed".

I tried to run the update process, but after downloading and installing 1.31 Gb of data, I opened the game and it still said "v. 1.0.2014"...

/puzzled
    heero_gw
  • fujisanfujisan Member Posts: 33
    I'm really happy that the patch is here finally! Hopefully it will clear up a lot of issues for the bg2 release which is what I'm really excited about.
    Necdilzor
    Drat. Reinstalling didn't work. I just get a message that "an error has occured" and then get the option to go to the beamdog site to view some best practices to solve my problem. None of them worked unfortunantly.

The windows event log also gives me nothing.

I'll email my dmp file to beamdog i suppose.

@KingGhidorah
    Open up Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\portraits and see if you have a file called "BGEE.sql". If you do, delete it.
  • BhaalSpawndBhaalSpawnd Member Posts: 12
    @Dee

Do you have any insight as to how long the patch will have to sit in Atari hands before being released to Steam this time?
    revanbh
  • revanbhrevanbh Member Posts: 38

@Dee

Do you have any insight as to how long the patch will have to sit in Atari hands before being released to Steam this time?

Hopefully we'll get it before pirates do. Now that would be hilarious, pirated copies having the patch available before Steam copies. :D

edited November 2013
    @Dee Unfortunantly no such file... I even deleted the BG:EE folder in my documents to start with a fresh one, no avail.

I have send my .dmp file to support@beamdog.com... let's hope that they can see anything.
    Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Now that im double checking, i dont see any update notes in the games launcher about this patch. The patch is available through the launcher right... not just the beamdog client? *cheeks slowly start to turn reddish*
    Post edited by KingGhidorah on
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @KingGhidorah the launcher text isn't updated, but it's still working as intended :)
    Wiggles
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    So no fix to cone spells? Cone of Cold, (my most beloved spell) and dragon's breath still useless?
    They should be working now, yes.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    @Dee But I read through that list twice looking for a mention of it >.>
    With over three-hundred items, there were bound to be some that got missed. But I can tell you that both of those spells are now plenty useful.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.