Skip to content

Gratitude! What are you diggin' about the new patch? (Save your complaints for another thread)

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
MessiSCARY_WIZARDWillyML4CalmarStarflower2525JuliusBorisovKolonKuGemHoundmackosRedGuard

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I had a mess around with the multiplayer yesterday as well. It's miles better than the old IP address, port tunnelling, cross fingers and hope method.

I've been in the beta for a few weeks so I've probably forgotten how big a step it is, but it still seems significant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    SCARY_WIZARDStarflower2525booinyoureyes
  • thespace said:

Kaigen said:

I'm digging the fact that it's now possible to mod racial restrictions on classes, kits, and multi-classes. I've already started up a Halfling Sorcerer to celebrate.

Too bad I know nothing about modding. I'd love to recreate my halfling bard from pen & paper DnD.
    The latest version of BG Tweaks has the option to remove racial restrictions. If you don't want to go that far, it's actually a pretty easy adjustment to make with Near Infinity.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Interesting. Multiclass characters don't roll hit points from the individual classes then divide by 2 (or 3, if you that brave); rather, each multiclass type has its own .2da table for HP. Not bad.

A new table for classes by race.

Fascinating. Clswpbon.2da now gives fighters only a 2-point penalty for using weapons without having the proficiency.

An editable .2da for allowing or disallowing mage specialty by race.

hrm....is it possible to get past the limit of 5 on summons? (I don't have this problem already but it looks like it has been addressed from an official point of view.)

I like the font, too. It looks better.
    DiscoCat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I've almost forgotten how the game was pre-patch, as I've spent hours in the beta testing. I know for sure that I don't want to go back to the way things were!
    [Deleted User]CutlassJack
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    thespace said:

AI finally doesn't make NPCs with ranged weapons run into melee anymore.

Yay! Maybe I'll actually turn the AI on at times now.
    I found out when I accidentally forgot to turn it off.

Forgot, I also like the display of damage in the inventory.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    LOVE the new title screen; much cleaner.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    WillyML4JuliusBorisov
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    When will it be released for IPad? I'm jealous!!!
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Delvarian
    As soon as apple approves it :)
    CoryNewbJuliusBorisov
    The increased use of "rare selection" and generally more diversity with banters. So far, I still miss "evil to evil compliment use (other than Shar-Teel and Viconia)", but I have hope.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    There's a lot of things to choose from, the patch is a tremendous improvement but
    Koyote said:

Custom portraits only require 1 picture now!!!
    :-)

is soooo sweet seeing as I keep fiddling with custom portraits. A lot less cropping and resizing for me now! Also a cleaner list seeing as I can delete a whole bunch of files that are now redundant.

Anyone had a look at the sound sets yet btw? Are we still stuck having to rename stuff CustomX or whatever there?
    thespace said:

Yeah, I love the new colors. Imoen looks great!

I actually preferred her previous "new colour" even though it wasn't all that accurate. Ah well.

Anyone had a look at the sound sets yet btw? Are we still stuck having to rename stuff CustomX or whatever there?

Sadly, it seems so. The patch wiped my (luckily backed up) custom sounds and I took the chance to try things out when re-adding them. No change on that front.

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

Sadly, it seems so. The patch wiped my (luckily backed up) custom sounds and I took the chance to try things out when re-adding them. No change on that front.

Shame. Maybe in a later patch then. 1.2 is still pretty damn amazing though!
    KidCarnival
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    It's so purdy :3

I do like how the info tab in the bottom center (the one with all the dialogue and stuff) is transparent.
    JuliusBorisov