Skip to content

Wizard Slayer tweaking

Is it possible to change the Spell Resistance numbers e.g 10 at first level than +2/level until it caps at a certain amount and if so how would one do this?

Bonus points - Would it be possible to add Detect illusions to the kit? Similar to how stealth and pick pocketing work for the Ranger/Bard?

I have little modding knowledge so if this is crazy talk please be gentle!

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Edit SPCL131 so that it applies 2 points of magic resistance; this is the class-based effect applied to wizard slayers at every level. Once done, make a copy of SPCL131 and call it something like SPCL134 (or some other name not currently in use), edit SPCL134 so that it applies 10 points of MR, then edit CLABFI03.2DA and replace AP_SPCL131 with AP_SPCL134 at level 1. This will start wizard slayers off with 10 MR then adds 2 per level afterwards.

Yes, you could make a copy of Detect Illusions so that it is an innate ability, call it something like SPCL135, then put GA_SPCL135 at level 1 in CLABFI03.2DA.
    WilburbadbromanceSCARY_WIZARD
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    Thanks for the info @Mathsorcerer, much appreciated!
    Do I need to use a specific program to make those changes or tinker with some files?
    Sorr about all the questions :( Like I said modding noob here
    edited October 2013
    I would use DLTCEP for editing the spells and Near Infinity for editing the .2da files. If you don't already have them then go to the thread "Mod and modding tutorials quick links" and scroll down to the area under "Tools".
    badbromance
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    I'm having issues getting NI up and running. Is it possible to make the changes with EEkeeper or DLTCEP?
    DLTCEP will allow you to edit .2da files, yes; the wizard slayer kit abilities are stored in CLABFI03.2da. You may also edit the spells with DLTCEP, which is often easier than using Near Infinity for that purpose.