Skip to content

Missing Weapon Proficiencies

CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
This discussion was created from comments split from: Journal Entry Updates, Fixes and Issues.

Comments

• DudoDudo Member Posts: 361
    Can you help me please? Where is my weapon proficiencies ?
    I think it happened after a spell rigid thinking. Thank you.

01.gif 466.2K
    02.gif 466.5K
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Dudo
    I've seen other people mentioning this. It's something worth looking into. Meanwhile, you can give them back with EE:Keeper. You have most likely lost them in this save.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Dee might be worth a look on the post above!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Are the proficiencies truly gone, or are they just not displaying?
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited November 2013
    @Dee According to Kagain's THAC0 they are truly gone. +2 penalty for missing proficiency with battle axe.
    Post edited by Basillicum on
    Dee said:

Are the proficiencies truly gone, or are they just not displaying?

truly gone Dee

• VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited November 2013
    This happened to me once... And it happened when playing around with different mods (proficiencies related or mega mods like Bg2teaks). If you are using mods, it might be the cause...
    i dont use any mods
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    Then, I can truly call this weird! :) No save edit/tweak either, right?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I can confirm this. I cast rigid thinking on myself and then looked at my character record page. The proficiencies were gone and didn't return when the spell wore off.
  • Evo_1Evo_1 Member Posts: 1
    I also noticed this yesterday, all proficiencies are gone, don't know since when, it's only on my main character... No mods.
    They should be able to fix this in a patch so you can set the proficiencies agian, it is level based so how hard could it be. I will send an email to Overhaul and I suggest you do the same.
    Vortaka said:

Then, I can truly call this weird! :) No save edit/tweak either, right?

no edit, no tweak

I don't know that Rigid Thinking specifically is the culprit here; I cast it on a party member and didn't lose proficiencies. But we'll take a look and see what's going on.
    Dee said:

I don't know that Rigid Thinking specifically is the culprit here; I cast it on a party member and didn't lose proficiencies. But we'll take a look and see what's going on.

OK, thank you
    edited November 2013
    Dee said:

Weird. I tried it again and it didn't do anything. But then I reloaded my test save file and tried it again and lost my proficiencies.

Attached is my testing save file. If (while casting Rigid Thinking on yourself) doesn't cause the problem the first time reload and try it again?
    Here's what I did:

1. Load game
    2. Cast Rigid Thinking on self (and repeat as needed to get a failed save)
    3. Open Record (R)
    4. Scroll down to where weapon proficiencies are listed

I'm not seeing the removal. Are you doing anything different in the above steps?
    edited November 2013
    Dee said:

Here's what I did:

1. Load game
    2. Cast Rigid Thinking on self (and repeat as needed to get a failed save)
    3. Open Record (R)
    4. Scroll down to where weapon proficiencies are listed

I'm not seeing the removal. Are you doing anything different in the above steps?

Looks like you were right about it not being the culprit. At least for me the problem doesn't appear to relate to Rigid Thinking or Luck.

The bad news is proficiencies aren't appearing in any of my save files or any of the characters I create. Somehow I missed this though. If it helps I'm on a mac with no mods installed.

However, within this bad news it looks like from a numbers standpoint they are still being counted (so NPC's have the correct Thac0). So its more of a minor annoyance than anything.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • reddwarfreddwarf Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2013
    I noticed the same thing. Proficiencies are realy gone (noticed it at level-up) and in my case it was caused by Luck spell (I casted it with Xan and also tried it on Imoen and her proficiencies were also gone).
    Looks like the problem is with the Luck spell. Repro steps and a hot-fix attached here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23259/6941-casting-luck-spwi209-spl-should-not-remove-the-target-s-weapon-proficiencies
  • raerae Member Posts: 35
    It happend to me on Imoen, but I attributed it to messing with EEkeeper.
  • SgthawkerSgthawker Member Posts: 31
    I had a similar but different problem with Imoen's proficiencies:

Well a new issue. Now I restarted after installing BGEE 1.2, then ran only BG2 tweaks v14 from gibberlings 3, then I edited my save game right after Gorion's death cut scene, and I was looking at Imoen's weapon proficiencies, which I didn't alter, she has a single + in short sword and a single + in You should find your father, for he wouldst speak with you (see the screenshot below and save game attached).
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @Sgthawker this is almost certainly a mod issue.
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    Got the same problem. How do I fix it?
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    Evo_1 said:

I also noticed this yesterday, all proficiencies are gone, don't know since when, it's only on my main character... No mods.
    They should be able to fix this in a patch so you can set the proficiencies agian, it is level based so how hard could it be. I will send an email to Overhaul and I suggest you do the same.

Hi! I've had the exact same problem, did you find out how to fix it by any chance?