Skip to content

Should BG3 be as big as games like Skyrim

13»

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    deltago said:

deltago said:

How about something in between the two.

Have each chapter its own mini world or city that the PC explores. Start off in the sword coast, head to Chult or the Dales, then to Calimport and then back to the Sword's Coast for a grand finale. Have each "chapter" and level teaming with stories and quests with a XP cap per area to prevent low level farming.

You mean like Diablo 2?

With a better, less linear story sure.
    LOL. Don't get me wrong. I have logged more hours in Diablo 2 than i care to cop too. I think it is a great game. But it just isn't an "RPG" game in my opinion. It is an action shoot-em-up style game. It'd have to have a significantly better story line with multiple branch and end points. It would have to allow for actual dialogue and choices etc... in order for it to fall into the RPG catalog in my mind. All highly subjective, I know. But games like Diablo and Dark Souls, although fun games, are not my idea of an RPG.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

LOL. Don't get me wrong. I have logged more hours in Diablo 2 than i care to cop too. I think it is a great game. But it just isn't an "RPG" game in my opinion. It is an action shoot-em-up style game. It'd have to have a significantly better story line with multiple branch and end points. It would have to allow for actual dialogue and choices etc... in order for it to fall into the RPG catalog in my mind. All highly subjective, I know. But games like Diablo and Dark Souls, although fun games, are not my idea of an RPG.

Dark Souls has multiple branch and end points, choices, and is non-linear.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    I think buildings, statues, castles looks great on infinity engine but I don't think the same for trees, rocks, rivers and caves. This is one of the main reasons why I like BG2 more than BG:EE.