Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Drugar said:

If you're going for glittering blue, you might want to tone down the white a little bit too.

I usually make minor adjustments for contrast and colors at last minute depending on the monitor I play on and the color calibration used on that. I totally get you point, but ingame it looks good like that on my monitor. :-)
  • CronatosCronatos Member Posts: 44
    Recently discovered a little puzzle game called Primordia and decided to make a wonderfully anachronistic portrait out of its main character.
    imageimageimage
    Here's the image I worked with, since it took some time to find.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Just finished looking through every portrait in this thread, and I have to say, taken as a whole, you people have terrible taste :p
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @Drugar
    Drugar said:

@Syntia13
    No beard, not approved.

Damn it! >:(

@KidCarnival

As a person of multiple eyes, I will accept this picture as apology for the 44 pages of neglect. However, I do have to agree with @Drugar, there is also a notable lack of beards here, especially on the females of your two-eyed kind.

Oh, thank you, I am so relieved! ;) As for bearded ladies, I've already supplied two of such, therefore I feel blameless on this account. :P

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I do not see any bearded elven ladies! Just because they are a minority, they should not be overlooked!
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    edited November 2013
    @KidCarnival @Drugar

I do not see any bearded elven ladies! Just because they are a minority, they should not be overlooked!

Right here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/284316/#Comment_284316
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/286488/#Comment_286488
    I consider my contribution contributed. :P
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I accept the bearded one as possibly elvish.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    I would really appreciate if someone could edit this pic just a tiny bit for me. The background bothers me way more than it should, and it would be cool if some photoshop wizard could make it bit more uniform. Preferably more white/dark blue instead yellow and red, or even better would be the whole background looking like it does in the top right corner.

• SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    If that guys hair was shorter I would think I was looking into a mirror.
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Messi said:

I would really appreciate if someone could edit this pic just a tiny bit for me. The background bothers me way more than it should, and it would be cool if some photoshop wizard could make it bit more uniform. Preferably more white/dark blue instead yellow and red, or even better would be the whole background looking like it does in the top right corner.

Wow. Emo Bhaalspawn :)
    Syntia13 said:

onan said:

Wow. Emo Bhaalspawn :)

...and there's this word again. What does 'emo' means? Is it as negative as I'm getting impression from context in which it's usually used? How do you recognize 'emo'? Is 'emo' a monster hiding under my bed? Should I be scared? O_O
    ;P
    Interesting questions. To me, it means nothing beyond a peculiar hair style. By default, I simply do not have the necessary cultural references to really understand if it is a pejorative term or not. It's definitely not negative to me because most things are not negative (or positive) to me anyway. It's just funny looking hair. Sort of like my goatee.

Btw, you should definitely be scared of anything hiding under your bed.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Emo is frequently deployed as a pejorative term. For most people, when someone call something 'emo', it is usually meant derogatorily. (Also, the typical emo hairstyle usually covers one eye, so that hairstyle is not actually emo at all).

Emo is frequently deployed as a pejorative term. For most people, when someone call something 'emo', it is usually meant derogatorily. (Also, the typical emo hairstyle usually covers one eye, so that hairstyle is not actually emo at all).

Hmm. I just read the wikipedia entry and I'm a bit confused but yeah let's not derail the thread. Here is a portrait I have used for a recent Kensai charname before I abandoned that run for her complete lack of magical ability.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Thanks a lot @Syntia13, both of those look great!
  • mfr001mfr001 Member Posts: 43
    Drugar said:

@Syntia13
    No beard, not approved.

Looks as if that Beholder is totally bearded!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    If anyone were to Baldurize this picture of Scarlett J., I would be eternally grateful to them.

Also, maybe someone could tinker around with this picture of Taylor Swift as well?

Thanks very much in advance.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    edited November 2013
    /delete
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Can someone baldurize this ... girl?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • YuweeYuwee Member Posts: 30
    Posted these portraits in this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23523/introduce-your-import-character/p1 I feel this is a better place for them.

imageimageimageimage

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Sexy
    Isandir said:

After a very long hiatus from the forums, I'm going to try to upload a portrait here and there.

Your hiatuses are well worth the wait. ;-)
    Isandir said:

@SharGuidesMyHand: Here's one take on Scarlett's image. I tried to match the tone to the default portraits, but you may want to lighten it a bit if it's not your taste.

I'm speechless. :-O

My only regret is that I have but one "like" to give for this portrait.
    Funny enough, I'd been wondering whether it would be incongruous to create a barbarian with high charisma.

Wonder no more. ;-)
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    My alternative pic for Keldorn!
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2013
    I spotted a really good baldurised pic of Matthew Bomer as a paladin or knight or some such thing; and I was wondering if whoever did it ( @Isandir I think?) could do a kensai version for me?

I think he would make a great Nathaniel pic.

EDIT:
    I would also like an alternate picture for Yoshimo, and for Aerie. If anyone's got any?
    Post edited by ScotGaymer on
This discussion has been closed.