Image and video hosting by TinyPic

others

• phase_nzphase_nz Member Posts: 12
    bengoshi said:

And here're some other works by this artist (http://skindancer.tumblr.com/) that can be used as portraits

What an amazing alternative portrait for Dorn will be using this for him on my next playthrough!

• Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    Wow, those are some really awesome portraits up there. If only I had infinite amount of time to try to play with them all... ^_^
    Anyway, I've been messing around with some portraits today. I'll be posting several request in an hour or two, when I finish I'm either satisfied or tired with them. ;)
    For now, have a Kivan to tide you over. :)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I've played around with Xan's portrait a bit. I never liked the way his face was darkened and positioned farther away from the viewer than other NPC portraits. Here, I've re-colored/re-shaded his picture to make his features more visible, and cropped the "M" portrait to bring his face closer to the foreground.

imageimageimage
    Does anyone have any suggestions, or can possibly create, an alt portrait for Skie that bears some similarity to BG1's style? I can't bring myself to be satisfied with her normal portrait, and it's the only female BG1 portrait that I haven't yet found a suitable alt for.

Thanks in advance.
    Syntia13 said:

Hey guys, me again. About the requests, direct and indirect:

@deathvvv and @DarkDogg - I noticed that I messed up the hair/armor border on the Blond Hero portrait. I corrected that, look below to the enclosed files for the modified versions.

@SharGuidesMyHand About the portrait of the lady with a wand/knife - sure, I have versions with a free hand. Look below to the enclosed files for them. About the pic you posted - I realize you didn't actually ask for anything regarding this one, but it looked so flat I couldn't help myself, I had to add some shadows to it. About the archer, here she is - both plain and in Kivan tattoo. :)
    imageimage
    About Skie, I have an alternative portait for her in the works, but you're gonna have to wait a bit for this one.

@ghostowl I removed the black border. There's some pixaltion, but it shouldn't show to much in game, I hope? image

@JosefineS Flattery will get you anything. ;) First, a rec - pic of Fade by Enkida: http://enkida.deviantart.com/art/BG2-Fade-Redux-270894701 , next, the pic you supplied reworked:
    imageimage

@Nic_Mercy Ok, where is it from? http://s524.photobucket.com/user/NicMercy/media/MALE31L_zpsfe6708e6.png.html It's bloody gorgeous, and I want to see more of this man's face! :)

Wow, great job on the archer lady!

And I like what you did to the redhead - I think that could possibly satisfy my need for a Skie (although everyone seems to hate that portrait but me, LOL).

I hate to be a pest, but is it possible that you also have a copy of the free-handed lady without elf ears as well? I'm asking mainly because I think that pic would also be an ideal alt for Skie - she's basically in the same pose, but looks much younger and prettier.

Thanks again!
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    Syntia13 said:

Hey guys, me again. About the requests, direct and indirect:

@deathvvv and @DarkDogg - I noticed that I messed up the hair/armor border on the Blond Hero portrait. I corrected that, look below to the enclosed files for the modified versions.

@SharGuidesMyHand About the portrait of the lady with a wand/knife - sure, I have versions with a free hand. Look below to the enclosed files for them. About the pic you posted - I realize you didn't actually ask for anything regarding this one, but it looked so flat I couldn't help myself, I had to add some shadows to it. About the archer, here she is - both plain and in Kivan tattoo. :)
    imageimage
    About Skie, I have an alternative portait for her in the works, but you're gonna have to wait a bit for this one.

@ghostowl I removed the black border. There's some pixaltion, but it shouldn't show to much in game, I hope? image

@JosefineS Flattery will get you anything. ;) First, a rec - pic of Fade by Enkida: http://enkida.deviantart.com/art/BG2-Fade-Redux-270894701 , next, the pic you supplied reworked:
    imageimage

@Nic_Mercy Ok, where is it from? http://s524.photobucket.com/user/NicMercy/media/MALE31L_zpsfe6708e6.png.html It's bloody gorgeous, and I want to see more of this man's face! :)

That male face... i forget where it came from but I THINK it was something I found on deviant art... sadly that was basically it for the pic... a close up. There wasnt much more to it. I would never crop a pic that close.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I did this for Skie. It's not great, but People are always complaining about how old she looks, so I tried to make her look a little younger.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Dorn smiling? Madness.
    edited October 2013
    This is the portrait that I'm currently using for Branwen. It's from an alt that someone else originally posted on this site, which I then re-shaded and cropped slightly.

imageimageimage

Here are some alt pics of Khalid that I found on another site:

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    Some portraits from free to use deviantArt, first 3 by natzvartt, last by Omupied

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage
    @Nic_Mercy
    Nic_Mercy said:

That male face... i forget where it came from but I THINK it was something I found on deviant art... sadly that was basically it for the pic... a close up. There wasn't much more to it. I would never crop a pic that close.

Awww, too bad. :( I really like that little bit of face that IS visible.
    @SharGuidesMyHand I opened the Skie file, and it turned out it was much closer to being finished than I remember. Huh. Maybe I was working on it in my sleep? ;) Anyway, I used the photo of Katie Holmes provided by @Raistlin82 (long, long time ago). I changed the features just a little bit to make her more similar to the original. At one point I changed the shape of her nose too, but I wasn't happy with the effect, so I dropped this idea. The background is an inside of a rich mansion, 'cause that's where we meet her.

• ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    @syntia13 thank you!!!
    Syntia13 said:

@SharGuidesMyHand I opened the Skie file, and it turned out it was much closer to being finished than I remember. Huh. Maybe I was working on it in my sleep? ;) Anyway, I used the photo of Katie Holmes provided by @Raistlin82 (long, long time ago). I changed the features just a little bit to make her more similar to the original. At one point I changed the shape of her nose too, but I wasn't happy with the effect, so I dropped this idea. The background is an inside of a rich mansion, 'cause that's where we meet her.

Great job! Definitely preferable to the original IMO, and suits her personality a lot more. Even the background is better IMO.

I was wondering, if you don't still have a copy of the free-handed lady (the one linked here: https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/FileUpload/d0/e70ebad0ed2d5dce712639c22c26ef.png) without the elf ear, would you possibly be able to remove the ear somehow? I know that's probably an unrealistic request, but I was just curious.
    @ghostowl Your welcome! :) Have fun with it.
    @SharGuidesMyHand

I was wondering, if you don't still have a copy of the free-handed lady (the one linked here: https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/FileUpload/d0/e70ebad0ed2d5dce712639c22c26ef.png) without the elf ear, would you possibly be able to remove the ear somehow? I know that's probably an unrealistic request, but I was just curious.

*snaps her fingers* I knew I forgot something. Yes, I have it - I usually keep the working files of the pics I mess with, and removing the ear in this case just meant deleting one layer, hardly a difficult task. :) Here you go:
    This, I think, is the last one for this week. I thought it would be interesting to play as a goody-goody female gnome mage, so I took a portrait of a gnome knight I did earlier and made her wear a robe instead of armor. I'm having way too much fun with all this. :Dimage
  • IllGiganteIllGigante Member Posts: 13
    Found a good alternate portrait for Viconia that I touched up a bit. Source: http://gamersblock.net/gamefluid/?p=2619
    @IllGigante

Found a good alternate portrait for Viconia that I touched up a bit.

... I can with 100% certainty guess that you are male.
    The odds are also good that the original artist failed math and physics in school, on account of having wrong ideas about anatomy and gravity. I'd give him point for getting inspiration from Minoan culture, though. ;)

• Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @Syntia13 I think I can speak for most people in this thread that when it comes to your portraits I just wanna shout MORE MORE MORE!

Sooooo...Keep up the good work :)
  • jdemastjdemast Member Posts: 35
    @Syntia13 love your work, any chance you could do a modified Shar-teel to make her a little more attractive since your working on a evil party?
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
    Okay, don't flame me for being naive xD... How do I go abouts obtaining these portraits, (or any I find on the forums?) A simple Rught+CLick and Save Picture? If so, do I need to edit their scale value at all? Beyond that... Where do I place them so that I may use them in game? I do not recall seeing a 'Custom Portrait' option when selecting a portrait for your character. Any and all help would be most appreciated... Also, for anyone who has tried some of these, (Especially Heimdall) contrastly, do they flow with the current in game portraits?
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45

Haer'Dalis (or party elf, I do not often take that tiefling with me)

In regards to this portrait.. If I use it in BG:EE 2 will Haer'Dalis automatically choose another one? Like in vanilla BG (If I recall correctly) If you select a character's portrait they will by default have another one. I know this portrait is slightly altered in colouration, however assume for a moment I have the original Haer'Dalis, or I replace it with your much more desirable one. Will the same take effect, he is defaulted one other that of my character?

@Slytherz

I don't think it works that way, nor has it ever worked that way...
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Are there any good looking female drow pics in this topic that someone could point me to. I would rather not go through 42 pages.
    @Schneidend

@Slytherz I don't think it works that way, nor has it ever worked that way...

Actually, it does work like that, and it has always worked like that - one of the little touches that I loved about the games. If the portrait you choose from the in-game selection happens to belong to an NPC, that NPC will be using one of the 'spare' portraits in this particular playthrough.

@Slytherz
    Slytherz said:

How do I go abouts obtaining these portraits, (or any I find on the forums?) A simple Rught+CLick and Save Picture? If so, do I need to edit their scale value at all? Beyond that... Where do I place them so that I may use them in game? I do not recall seeing a 'Custom Portrait' option when selecting a portrait for your character. Any and all help would be most appreciated...

A great amount of game-ready portraits can be found at our forum dropbox - check this thread. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8413/bgee-custom-portraits-dropbox-lets-compile-them-all-here-1300-sets-now-with-soundsets-section/p1 -( it's also linked in the first post of this thread). If you don't feel like digging through the insane amount of pics available there, yes, save the pictures the way you described, and then make sure that they are properly sized and named - the name has to have less than 8 characters, and end with letters L, M, S, for sizes 210x330, 169x266 and 54x84 respectively. Also make sure that they are saved as .bmp files with 24bit color depth.

Once you have the portraits, appropriately formatted and named, you need to put them in My documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Portraits folder. If there's no 'Portraits' folder in this location, just create one.
    Once there's a 'Portrait' folder with some portraits in it, the 'custom portrait' button in the character creation screen will appear, and you can pick your custom pics under it.
    There's an exception - if your pics are named after existing NPCs (NeeraL, BranweL, MontarL, XanL, etc (note that longer names are shortened)), the game treats them as default portraits for those NPCs. They will replace the original ones in-game, and they'll be available among the default pic selection, instead of the original ones.
    I'm not sure if it will be the same in BG2:EE, but in BG2, if you named your pics NhaerL, NhaerM, NhaerS, they would replace the original one. Then, if you picked this pic for your PC, Haer'dalis would get a new portrait - possibly the one of the goofy-looking elf. ;) However, if you name the pics by any other name, it would be available for you PC under 'custom portraits', while Haer'dalis would get to keep his old image. Then, if you recruited him, you could pretend you're the long lost twins. ;P

...please let me know if I'm completely unintelligible up there. It all makes perfect sense when I think it, but I often fail to transfer the sense on the page.
    @Syntia13

Huh. That's pretty awesome. I guess I never encountered it when I was a kid was because I literally ALWAYS used Garrick's portrait, and now I always use a custom portrait or Generic Man.
This discussion has been closed.