Skip to content

different levels/types of poison

I'm curious

How many different types and/or levels of poison are there?

I know there is 1 damage per tick, 2 damage per tick and my Branwen just got completely annihilated by wyvern poison which does 5 damage per tick and ticks so fast you can't even use an antidote

I guess the factors are simply damage and the speed of the ticks

Comments

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    @elminster Thanks <3
    elminster
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Wow, phase spider poison is scary. Is the hobgoblin elite poison the same as Eldoth's arrow poison?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    nano said:

Wow, phase spider poison is scary. Is the hobgoblin elite poison the same as Eldoth's arrow poison?

I'll look :)
    edited November 2013
    They use "Arrow of Biting" that are very different from the Arrows of Biting that you can buy in stores. Sort of like how Kobolds use Arrows of Fire that are different than regular Arrows of Fire.
    nano
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    elminster said:

They use "Arrow of Biting" that are very different from the Arrows of Biting that you can buy in stores. Sort of like how Kobolds use Arrows of Fire that are different than regular Arrows of Fire.

Thanks! So that explains why they only seem to drop regular arrows, and why kobolds only drop 2 arrows of fire even though they can take way more than 2 shots.

50 damage is pretty hefty. Guess it's well worth drinking an antidote even for little hobgoblins.
    Hmm...well I'm not sure how accurate my above numbers were. I was testing it out in game and Wyverns and Baby Wyverns were only doing 4hp/second in damage.

*Shrugs*

Suffice to say I guess that they do differ in terms of how long they last, how much damage they do, and what saving throw bonus/penalty you get for them.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    elminster said:

Hmm...well I'm not sure how accurate my above numbers were. I was testing it out in game and Wyverns and Baby Wyverns were only doing 4hp/second in damage.

*Shrugs*

Suffice to say I guess that they do differ in terms of how long they last, how much damage they do, and what saving throw bonus/penalty you get for them.

I got poisoned by a baby wyvern earlier and took 5 damage per second. That's kind of curious if you are getting 4 ...
  • There is also the bleeding damage from Valygars blade Its technicly the same as poison damage
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    What about those little baby spiders? Their poison must stack, because if I don't fireball them in round 1 I'm dead in round 3.
    XerxesV said:

What about those little baby spiders? Their poison must stack, because if I don't fireball them in round 1 I'm dead in round 3.

Poison generally stacks.
    JuliusBorisov
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    elminster said:

XerxesV said:

Poison generally stacks.
    That gives me an idea. 6 cleric mages loaded with summon spider, lower resistance, and poison. Could anyone survive?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    XerxesV said:

elminster said:

XerxesV said:

Poison generally stacks.
    That gives me an idea. 6 cleric mages loaded with summon spider, lower resistance, and poison. Could anyone survive?
    A Cavalier.
    Corvino
    edited November 2013
    XerxesV said:

elminster said:

XerxesV said:

Poison generally stacks.
    If I had to guess I'd say anyone immune to attacks by +1 weapons.