Skip to content

Pre-Download

When will the buyers of BG2EE be able to download the game early?

Comments

• ghettohoodieghettohoodie Member Posts: 50
    @Sylvus_Moonbow how? I've already bought the game, but it doesn't give me the option. Please help?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    You need to download and sign in to the Beamdog client. Google search for it.
  • havoccauhavoccau Member Posts: 1
    what about us who want a stand-alone client? we could preload BG without using the beamdog client.
  • LibertygeekLibertygeek Member Posts: 2
    Thanks downloading it now. Curious as to Havoccau's question though, after downloading it via Beamdog client will you be able to run it stand alone like we can BBEE?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

Thanks downloading it now. Curious as to Havoccau's question though, after downloading it via Beamdog client will you be able to run it stand alone like we can BBEE?

Yes. Just run Baldur.exe directly.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I can't use the Beamdog downloader cuz it keeps telling me i have the wrong password, despite being the password i use for my Beamdog account.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    try changing your beamdog account password for the site and maybe it will change your client password
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage Try contacting @Dee or email support@beamdog.com. Just remember all devs will be quite busy in the next 48 hours.
    CrevsDaak
    Now, will the game be available at midnight eastern time? Or how does this release work?@Sylvus_Moonbow
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    But pre-load does not allow play until the official release, does it? Somehow I expected to be able to play a bit early :(
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    nope, just means you won't have a full download ahead of you when it does drop, so you can start playing almost immediatly
    no, i mean on november 15 12:00am eastern time, will i be able to play? @ Stoneswords
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    Oh, well I'm not really sure what time they plan to drop the game on the 15th, you'd have to talk to a Dev about that, sorry. I'm sure we'll know here in the next day or so though
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Yay the stand alone pre install client is up :)
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Link to stand-alone installer please for those that don't know.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @Wiggles

http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-for-windows

If you're not signed in, there will be a button in the top right (above the screenshots) saying "Pre-order ...". If you sign in there will be a button under that saying Install Now.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    @TJ_Hooker

Thanks, I know where to get it, but I'm sure quite a few people do not know.
    TJ_Hooker
  • leeowensoasleeowensoas Member Posts: 81
    @Sylvus_Moonbow

Is that 3pm PST (Los Angeles, California) on Thursday or Friday?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @leeowensoas PS:T, it's the 14th, 3pm.
    CrevsDaak
    Wooooo that's so soon!!!
    Also, how do I make the preload link to the manuals work? When I click on the link, nothing happens :p
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    LiamEsler said:

@leeowensoas PS:T, it's the 14th, 3pm.

I love the way you subtly worked a Planescape: Torment reference into that sentence.
    CrevsDaak
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Sceptenar ;D

Lack of sleep will do hilarious things sometimes.
    CrevsDaak
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

Also, how do I make the preload link to the manuals work? When I click on the link, nothing happens :p

http://www.baldursgateii.com/manuals.html
    Just noticed this on Twitter;
    @TrentOster

"@pka4916 As the DLC is separate we felt it was easiest to segment it this way. On PC, #BGIIEE is taking up 2.7GB. iPad will be a bit smaller"

Pre download is 1.6gb. Does that mean an additional 1.1gb to download?
  • MemmMemm Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2013
    I seem to have some problems with the pre-download. I have activated the CD-key provided to me from the Fanart contest, and downloaded the standalone installer from Beamdog. However, after entering my account information to the downloader, it tells me that "Your account isn't provisioned for this title."

Any idea why this happens..?

Edit: tagging a few moderators for assistance. @Dee @Jalily
    @Memm - edit tags doesn't work. You need to do it in your original post.

@Dee @Jalily
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Memm
    I do see the game on your account. Try logging out and logging back in first, and see if it just needed a minute to sync with our servers.
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    Yes, the remaining load is going to be around a gig.

Best,
    -Trent
    Sylvus_Moonbowlolien