Skip to content

BG2EE is live - What are you still doing here! :p

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Overall progress: 60.6% Download rate: -

yay for zero download speed!
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Mine is ranging anywhere from 1.01 mb/sec to 14 bytes/sec... Scotty needs to give 'er all she's got!
    JLeeAlkalurops
  • Bynary_FissionBynary_Fission Member Posts: 202
    Downloading it now...I'm so excited I can barely focus - thank GOD I have today off! It'll be about an hour and a half before it's done, but it could be worse - I pre-downloaded last night, so I'm already over halfway done. Yep, I'm not getting any sleep tonight.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Also, if you're using the client, make sure to enable p2p in the settings if you're having trouble with download speeds. It's not enabled by default.
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    99.7%!!!
    elminsterElendarJLee
  • SharShar Member Posts: 158
    Well its locked and loaded but i'm not touching it until i run through BGEE with new character this weekend )
    elminster
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314

so why leave out an entire gig of the download in the pre load? last year it was about .2 gb missing and that took forever with the servers

Because with the current modding tools, it would have been trivial to ferret out some serious spoilers. (and...a few last minute fixes)

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    I was amused that it went from 0 to 60% in about 30 seconds.. then stopped. :)
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Elendar said:

I was amused that it went from 0 to 60% in about 30 seconds.. then stopped. :)

Sounds like my first car :)

elminsterFredjosunset00
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    I literally just bought BG2:EE about 5 minutes before the countdown ended. I am currently downloading now. It looks like it is going to 2.6GB. Is this the whole game or is this still a pre-load?
    92.6%... my loins are all aquiver with anticipation.
    FlashburnFredjo
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2013
    how you people finishing lol 2.1 out of 2.6 gb
    Alkalurops
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

I literally just bought BG2:EE about 5 minutes before the countdown ended. I am currently downloading now. It looks like it is going to 2.6GB. Is this the whole game or is this still a pre-load?

Should be the full game if its 2.6 gb.
    irenicus is silently waiting for his horde of experiments that will murder him a thousand times over :)
    JLeeFredjosunset00
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Almost.... there... can... almost.... FEEL IT!!!

.... GO FOR THE EYES BOO, GO FOR THE EYES! RUUUUUUUUSK!!!
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    elminster said:

Much thanks! I haven't even finished BG:EE yet. May just poke around a bit to see how it looks.
  • YuweeYuwee Member Posts: 30
    Yes! After needing to check files to get it started I'm on my way at 123 B/s Blitzing!
    edited November 2013

elminster said:

Much thanks! I haven't even finished BG:EE yet. May just poke around a bit to see how it looks.
    I'm going to cast one of my higher level divination spells. I'm getting a reading...the game ...looks... fantastic! :p
    Fredjo
    edited November 2013
    noooooooooo........... my internet is pooping out at such an important moment it took unusually long to post that, refresh the page, and the page went to less than 100 kb/s

edit: did I say my internet pooped out? I mean charge up for a big boost. oh yeah I got 25 insightfuls as I wrote this I can celebrate that too :)

edit again: congratulations Elminster you are my lucky 25th insightful! you win a cookie but instead when you hear this on the internet you know you are just getting malware instead. but for real you are actually the 25th insightful but you don't get a cookie or malware :)
    elminsterStarflower2525
    So...it gets to 99.9% then drops to 500bytes/sec and says it will take another hour and a half... cool.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    100%. I'll wait in the Promenade.
    GoodSteve said:

So...it gets to 99.9% then drops to 500bytes/sec and says it will take another hour and a half... cool.

Does turning off P2P help?
    CherudekStarflower2525
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    GoodSteve said:

If you are that close, hit pause for a few seconds, then resume and it should finish quickly :)

Cherudek
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Mine just says preloaded complete?! What?! Are you guys playing??
    elminster said:

GoodSteve said:

Does turning off P2P help?
    After I did it increased to a blistering speed of 600b/sec
    elminster
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    CoryNewb said:

Mine just says preloaded complete?! What?! Are you guys playing??

Restart your launcher so that it updates the download target.

• CherudekCherudek Member Posts: 73
    Disabling turbo did the trick for me!
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Aaaand done! Peaked at a little over 2mb/s. I'm gonna go play now, later forumers!
    [Deleted User]