Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG2EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    I'm hoping for some news bows or crossbows to help archer be a little bit more usefully in tob.
    Or may a quiver of ulimated +5 arrow
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    Sindyan said:

I'm hoping for some news bows or crossbows to help archer be a little bit more usefully in tob.
    Or may a quiver of ulimated +5 arrow

Nothing yet, tons of new Mage gear, and some extra copies of gear that was scarce before....
  • AtianAtian Member Posts: 32
    There's also Staff of Curing in the tomb where the entrance to Dragomir's Tomb is.
    It's a +1 quarterstaff for druids or clerics and gives +2 to AC and can cast cure (1 per day?).

Not sure if it's new but I've never seen it before.
    Staff has 10 charges, cures for 2d8
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    HOW did you find out about pickpocketing Treya? I had to lure the game just so they wouldn't talk'n'walk on me.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    ajwz said:

Atian said:

There's also Staff of Curing in the tomb where the entrance to Dragomir's Tomb is.
    It's a +1 quarterstaff for druids or clerics and gives +2 to AC and can cast cure (1 per day?).

Not sure if it's new but I've never seen it before.

I think that has always been there.
    Staff of Curing has always been there, yes. The Dagger +2 that I mentioned earlier is new though, since it's within Dragomir's Tomb.

Mike's RPG Center works quite well for checking what was in vanilla. Take a look: http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/weapons.html
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited November 2013
    I know it's not a magic item, but in Irenicus dungeon on level 2, in the room where you find Khalid, there's a container with a "full plate mail".
    I have never seen it before. It's not magical, but it's very useful so early in the game.
  • FlauschigFlauschig Member Posts: 84
    Pibaro said:

I know it's not a magic item, but in Irenicus dungeon on level 2, in the room where you find Khalid, there's a container with a "full plate mail".
    I have never seen it before. It's not magical, but it's very useful so early in the game.

Most of this kind of things is a new look on items. Which is nice

• BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    The descriptor for the War Hammer proficiency mentions "throwing hammers". Are they real?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    enqenq said:

HOW did you find out about pickpocketing Treya? I had to lure the game just so they wouldn't talk'n'walk on me.

Originally while beta testing I actually killed her instead (playing an evil character). If you used certain dialogue they used to just stand around after the Rasaad encounter, now they walk (quickly) away. Its possible to kill her but she has at least 74 health so you are probably going to have to get a few really good hits on her.

Easiest way to pickpocket her now is to approach her from the west.
    enqenqwoowoovoodoo
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211

The descriptor for the War Hammer proficiency mentions "throwing hammers". Are they real?

They sure are. However, there is only one single throwing hammer in the entire (original) game, the Dwarven Thrower+3. The EE might have added more, I don't know. Also note that the Dwarven Thrower is exclusive to dwarves (and I suppose rogues with UAI).
  • TheBlackThroneTheBlackThrone Member Posts: 42
    Is there a tl;dr version of this( without the spoilers) somewhere? Just a brief rundown of what weapon types received the best additions, for instance, so we'd know where to put our proficiency points.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I see no new plate armors in the game, which makes me a sad panda.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419

Is there a tl;dr version of this( without the spoilers) somewhere? Just a brief rundown of what weapon types received the best additions, for instance, so we'd know where to put our proficiency points.

according to the non-tl;dr guide, none. there aren't any new weapons you need to watch out for, they're all mediocre. new robes, however...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited November 2013
    I'm going to leave off including the dagger +2, since I can't really see it as a notable item by bg2 standards
    kamuizinelminster
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    ajwz said:

I'm going to leave off including the dagger +2, since I can't really see it as a notable item by bg2 standards

Same with Renal Bloodscalp room, there's an new container, an break in the wall of the right with an crossbow and some bolts (some magical). It's introduced by BG2:EE but it's so irrelevant that doesn't deserve attention to be included in the post.
    Well it does, depending on the point in the game, if it's early enough it matters...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Pibaro said:

that full plate mail is actually a random treasure, I would not be surprised if you found it in a container near the left of the room ( the container in there holds a random treasure5 in there if im not mistaken) and apparently full plate mail is on the that list, I have also found platemail in there, a shortbow+2, a spear+3, a wand before, but finding full plate mail is an awesome find :)

Pibaro
  • MoonbloodMoonblood Member Posts: 26
    ajwz said:

Dagger of Venom +2 (From BG1, 1 pointer of damage per second for 15 seconds. Save vs Poison Negates) - Purchase from Gul Dukeem merchant in Red wizard Enclave in Waukeens Promenade

Please, can anyone post a pic of red wizards enclave location? I'm playing with Assassin and I need this dagger as soon as possible. Yesterday I have checked Waukeens Promenade and did not find the merchant, but i suspect about a closed under guard door at the north of circus. The Guard would not let me inside "selected clients only". Can it be?
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    Moonblood said:

Yesterday I have checked Waukeens Promenade and did not find the merchant, but i suspect about a closed under guard door at the north of circus. The Guard would not let me inside "selected clients only". Can it be?

You need to have Neera in your party in order to gain access to the Red Wizard Enclave. It's part of her quest.

jackjack
    I killed the guy so no nice stuff for me :(
    DarkDogg
  • LordofBonesLordofBones Member Posts: 22
    Did the Robe of Vecna make the leap forward to the Enhanced Edition as well?
    ajwz

Did the Robe of Vecna make the leap forward to the Enhanced Edition as well?

The bonus merchants who sell the robe of vecna are included in enhanced edition. I'll add this information to the list.
    edited November 2013
    I am very pleased to say, that there is now a spoiler free version of this guide which I will be updating simultaneosly with the current one. This new guide can be found on the second post in this thread.
    JuliusBorisovnanojackjackelminster
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    note: Tunic of Blindeye is also only usable by wild mages, which makes my FMT quite sad.
    ajwz
  • HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106

note: Tunic of Blindeye is also only usable by wild mages, which makes my FMT quite sad.

UAI?

elminsterCrevsDaak
    You can get into the red wizard encave without having neera in your party, since you don't need her present to do the majority of her questline in SoA
  • jhneohjhneoh Member Posts: 42
    What's this Vagrant Blades group in the amphitheatre?

When I went there with Rasaad, all that happened was a guy showed up and started talking, and directed us to the temple.
    jhneoh said:

What's this Vagrant Blades group in the amphitheatre?

When I went there with Rasaad, all that happened was a guy showed up and started talking, and directed us to the temple.

In the bottom right corner-ish area. There is a narrow path through the trees to the south of the amphitheatre itself
    jhneohwoowoovoodoo