Skip to content

BG2 EE Cheats?

Can anybody point out the Cheats and Item Lists for BG2 EE please?
McGollum

Comments

• theonlypeejtheonlypeej Member Posts: 44
    Thanks for the list... just couldn't find it...
    hows about getting the clua console going? is it still debug=1 or what?
    Thanks Sylvus!
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    ^That didn't work for me.
    McGollum
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    It did not work for me either. I usually use it to fill out the area and teleporting to a specific spot in the area.
  • mforwwmforww Member Posts: 78

where is the Baldur.ini file located??? It's not anywhere in my drive under /programfilesx86/baldursgate2enhancededition
    mforww said:

where is the Baldur.ini file located??? It's not anywhere in my drive under /programfilesx86/baldursgate2enhancededition

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition folder inside the My Documents folder.

mforww said:

Whoops, figured that out before you responded. Doesn't seem to be working though... I added "Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', and it didn't seem to do the trick. I tried hitting ctrl + space to open the console. Any ideas?
    mforww said:

mforww said:

Whoops, figured that out before you responded. Doesn't seem to be working though... I added "Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', and it didn't seem to do the trick. I tried hitting ctrl + space to open the console. Any ideas?
    I tried the ctrl + space thing too and it did not work.

mforww said:

mforww said:

I tried the ctrl + space thing too and it did not work.
    Ok I found the problem. The line is supposed to be

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

Sylvus_Moonbow forgot to put the ' before the word Program
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Someone just asked this today. The thread below has the full .ini file so you can see where to put it. Note you need to fully exit the game and restart before it takes effect.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24004/help-can-t-get-cluaconsole-to-work
    Wandering_Minstreldrawnacrol
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    ^Cheers! Got it working now.
    luskan said:

Someone just asked this today. The thread below has the full .ini file so you can see where to put it. Note you need to fully exit the game and restart before it takes effect.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24004/help-can-t-get-cluaconsole-to-work

This was a great fix, thank you.
  • ShendralarShendralar Member Posts: 1
    Anyone knows how to make it work on the mac version?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

Anyone knows how to make it work on the mac version?

Exactly the same. :)
  • cremnocremno Member Posts: 25
    Sorry for necroing this thread, but I've tried making the cheats work for a while and the cheats themselves are my problem, as the console works. Is there a new list of item codes for the EE?

Having completed the game more times than I can remember I find it funny to cheat every now and then xD
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    cremno said:

Sorry for necroing this thread, but I've tried making the cheats work for a while and the cheats themselves are my problem, as the console works. Is there a new list of item codes for the EE?

Having completed the game more times than I can remember I find it funny to cheat every now and then xD

Item codes are the same as they were in BG2. What items in particular are you looking for?
    JuliusBorisov
    elminster said:

cremno said:

Item codes are the same as they were in BG2. What items in particular are you looking for?
    Well, I haven't been able to make anything work really. I do the clua console commands, and it just says that the item I have typed the code for doesn't exist. In baldurs gate 1 I had no problem using the old codes, but none have worked in BG 2 for me.
    C:CreateItem("sw1h62")

This is an example of what it should look like. You can also use the longer version

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("sw1h62")

Just make sure that you are using the right capitalization (so its C:CreateItem and not c:createitem). I don't think it will work otherwise. Where are you getting the codes from?
    jackjackCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    edited June 2014
    Just says "Error File Boot3 not found" in my case. However, it seems your cheat worked <.< where the hell did you find it? xD

Edit: I am stupid, and have been trying for months to get them to work with one cheat only, and I had typed it wrong xD Haha, I'm so dumb xD Thanks for the help Elminster! :)
    elminsterjackjack
    edited June 2014
    Well the first reason is that I'm elminster, wearer of fine red hats (possibly golden depending on the day) and occasional purveyor of wisdom (when I'm not apparently following your characters every move).

Jokes aside I worked on a mod for that particular file so I'm quite familiar with its code.

Boot3 doesn't exist. You want Boot03 (assuming you were going for the boots of the north/boots that give you cold resistance).

So that would be

C:CreateItem("Boot03")
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • McGollumMcGollum Member Posts: 22
    Why was a stupid creature, like me, born into such a complicated world? Oh, I mean:

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

Is that also the line on #Android BG2 EE ???