Skip to content

does Hexxats temperament improve? obvious *BG2EE SPOILERS*

elementelement Member Posts: 833
ok so I just did dragomirs tomb and with out going into details I was pretty underwhelmed,
the new character is someone i'm just not going to like it seems and on top of that
she seems very focused on a particular style of party

so my question is; is this pretty much just how she's going to be/act across the entire game ?
I must admit that I was hoping to use her with my female cavalier as her love interest as it stands this is basically going to be pretty impossible from an rp perspective and from the perspective of me just not realy wanting to use her

I know im kind of asking for spoilers but try to avoid any details were possible, I realy just want to know if I should stick it out or just leave her in chunks on the ground

thanks in advance

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    If you are playing as a cavalier, especially if you plan on having any of the following party members;

Keldorn, Anomen, Mazzy, or Valygar

(some of them may not necessarily fight her and it may depend on what your main character says)

it may just be easier to go with someone else.

Otherwise she's evil so reputation becoming too high is going to be a problem.

You should just be able to play her as you would any thief. Most of the areas with the big challenges are indoors anyways so the fact that she loses stats while wearing her cloak isn't as big of a deal as it sounds...its just a pain.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    thanks @elimnster can always count on you to come through with good info : )

ill abandon this play through then and go back to my male bard or thief. A little disappointing but oh well, sucks ill be missing out on a chunk of new content though
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Do you mean personality-wise? I found her to be kind of a beyotch in the tomb, but she's actually turned out to be kind of nice in my party. Strong personality, though, which is awesome. One of her selections (or is it action?) is her saying something like "Don't worry, I have your back."
    edited November 2013
    well I was wondering if she could soften up at all personality wise, but was also just curious across the board as well. As I said I don't really like her at all but was prepared to stick it out if something changed, particularly as id always intended my cavalier to do the hinted at same sex romance hinted at by the devs.

after Elminsters comment I just gave up with her and that play through
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    I've played one hour of the game cuz I've been so busy; not counting my wife getting all pissed when I try to play; and just got her so far I know nothing
    fair enough when uve [played ,more let me know what u think
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    What exactly is she doing or saying that you object to???
    edited November 2013
    well I wont lie, I just don't like her much in any way really

the point I was driving at in particular though was the fact she is quite overtly evil and was curious as to whether or not this was how she would remain so through out the story. If by some chance she could for example change alignment or 'soften' up I would perhaps have persevered to see if I would like her more.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @element Let me put it this way: the more you learn about her, the more you will empathise with her and understand why she is the way she is. :)
    edited November 2013
    @LiamEsler
    cool well that's some what re-assuring at least, maybe ill come back to her on a later run through and perhaps re-appraise her for now i'm happy enough with my bard and his merry fellows

I meant no disrespect from earlier comments of course

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @element No worries! Seriously, we appreciate all feedback, positive or negative :)
    element said:

well I wont lie, I just don't like her much in any way really

the point I was driving at in particular though was the fact she is quite overtly evil and was curious as to whether or not this was how she would remain so through out the story. If by some chance she could for example change alignment or 'soften' up I would perhaps have persevered to see if I would like her more.

Nobody should have to tell you this. It's a story. Your desire to find out should have been enough to be willing to continue playing. Either that, or you should have decided that enough was enough and she needed to die. Coming to the forums and asking if you can shape her like clay sort of defeats the purpose of the game.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    rdarken said:

Do you mean personality-wise? I found her to be kind of a beyotch in the tomb, but she's actually turned out to be kind of nice in my party. Strong personality, though, which is awesome. One of her selections (or is it action?) is her saying something like "Don't worry, I have your back."

Yeah, I find that line to be kinda ironic since she is a neutral evil
    vampire
    and the neutral evil alignment basically empitomizes opportunists... I think you should be really worried that she has your back.
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Being evil doesn't mean you can't be a loyal companion, not least of which because betraying the PC is likely to be detrimental to your overriding goal of continuing to live. Given what the PC's already done before meeting Hexxat, why would she want to bet against her/him? Enlightened self-interest.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Doesn't she have to be evil because she is a vampire? My understanding is that your alignment changes once you turn.
    edited November 2013
    @Schneided to an extent I agree with you. However, consider that I simply wasn't enjoying the character and her story* and as such was going to abandon it. Rather than quit that play through out right though I thought id make this thread simply to make sure I wouldn't be missing out on anything that may of perhaps have changed my mind and hence lead me to persevere with a character I simply wasn't enjoying.

as I noted on my first post I wasn't really after significant spoilers I was more interested in whether or not my problems would be alleviated at a later date or if I should just call it a day with hexxat.

*particularly an issue given the nature of my PC
  • AdventSignAdventSign Member Posts: 96
    Will she refuse to romance you if you are a paladin?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

No, her only restriction is gender. She likes women.

• AdventSignAdventSign Member Posts: 96
    Jalily said:

No, her only restriction is gender. She likes women.

:( awww....hm well now I have a reason to create one after all these years! Thanks :)
    element said:

@Schneided to an extent I agree with you. However, consider that I simply wasn't enjoying the character and her story* and as such was going to abandon it. Rather than quit that play through out right though I thought id make this thread simply to make sure I wouldn't be missing out on anything that may of perhaps have changed my mind and hence lead me to persevere with a character I simply wasn't enjoying.

as I noted on my first post I wasn't really after significant spoilers I was more interested in whether or not my problems would be alleviated at a later date or if I should just call it a day with hexxat.

*particularly an issue given the nature of my PC

I'm not sure why you weren't enjoying the character. You never said exactly what turned you off of her.