Skip to content

Love at First Sight: Hexxat

I just want to thank the developers for Hexxat's character. She's more than I expected, and everything I never knew I wanted. I won't say more for the sake of spoilers, but thanks!
GemHoundSilverstarArcalianYozZzZzBasillicumzupskyEudaemoniumAyiekiebadbromanceMessijackjackWilburDelvarianFinaLfrontlaptopman666DetectiveMittenselminsterStarflower2525aqzinaLordRumfishJuliusBorisovmarkthesharkFhtbtLace

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Seconded. :)
    Eudaemonium
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    I've only just picked her up and I think she is brilliant. Well done devs!
    JuliusBorisov
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited November 2013
    Thirded. Not as interesting as my idea - an Air Genasi Shadowdancer - but
    a vampire fighting other vampires and Bodhi should be entertaining.
    I wish I could dual-class her into a fighter though because of her stats.

I think I'll do that next game with EnhancedKeeper.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Don't you mean love at second sight? :P
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Akihiko said:

No, because I had not seen her before the plot twist reveal.

• BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Fourthed.
    Definitely one of the better twists I've come across in any game.

Damn, all these spoiler tags must really wreck havoc on anyone who hasn't played her yet.
    JuliusBorisovQuartz
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    She's definitely my favourite from all new npcs. I'm in love with her accent and portrait <3
    JuliusBorisov
    I'm really disappointed she doesn't romance male charnames, however. =\
    laptopman666Quartz
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

I'm really disappointed she doesn't romance male charnames, however. =\

I'm going to count myself lucky that my first playthrough is with Veraka, my female jester. =D

I said this elsewhere, but I'll say it here: when I heard Hexxat's...

real voice and saw her portrait

I was sold on her. I'm pleased with the character on several levels. ^_~
    EudaemoniumzupskyJuliusBorisovRhaella
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I just added her to my group to try out her quest line ...

I delved into fighting 3 mindflayers with just 4 party members around level 9-10, and Hexxat at 13 .... think it took over 50 reloads to beat them and all the instakill monk scepters

elminster
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213

Akihiko said:

No, because I had not seen her before the plot twist reveal.

It was a joke, y'know, because you already met a first Hexxat? ...and then you meet a second one? ...yeah, I know, it wasn't a good one. :P
    Cruentuz
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    Despite the fact she isn't interested in male charnames, she is REALLY freakin cool. I may have to run through as a female charname at some point just to see the romance ;)
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2013
    Mungri said:

I just added her to my group to try out her quest line ...

I delved into fighting 3 mindflayers with just 4 party members around level 9-10, and Hexxat at 13 .... think it took over 50 reloads to beat them and all the instakill monk scepters

@Mungri
    I did it at the same level, yet it only took me about 15 reloads, since the monks were glitching out(one was confused by Umber hulks, would attack others, and flip them all to hostile in the middle of the mindflayer fight). Summons and picking them off one by one works best.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I made a deal with the monks and still managed to ransack all the tombs while they weren't looking. Did I miss any awesome loot from killing them all?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The monks? Nah.
    Eudaemonium
    Ah, excellent. =) Now I just need to wait for Hexxat's contact to show up again so I can turn over this damnable claw. XD
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Really looking forward to trying out my first BG2 evil run with Hexxat and Dorn.
    SchneidendEudaemonium
    Delvarian said:

Really looking forward to trying out my first BG2 evil run with Hexxat and Dorn.

They're pretty epic. Lovin' my full evil crew. It was 13 years coming, but it was worth it.
    Arcalianjackjack
  • markthesharkmarktheshark Member Posts: 57
    The reveal was amazing. I was an Inquisidor, so she's quite dead. But I'm already looking forward to my evil replay.
    Ayiekiejackjack
  • EldmoreEldmore Member Posts: 22
    Haven't bought bg2ee yet. I don't know much about Hexxat, tho I am curious about something... Am I going to get good dialog option with my blackguatd male?
    Eldmore said:

Haven't bought bg2ee yet. I don't know much about Hexxat, tho I am curious about something... Am I going to get good dialog option with my blackguatd male?

I haven't had her address the player much yet, but the initial decision of how to deal with her after The Reveal is interesting. Just know that, as I mentioned earlier, male CHARNAMEs cannot romance her.

acw18