Skip to content

Changing allegiances possible? (minor spoilers)

I had intended to run with a group of Mazzy plus evil people. Because of Mazzy, I couldn't go with Bodhi when she offered me a place in her guild. But now Mazzy's gone because she can't get along with Hexxat, and I have Dorn instead. If ever there were a time for me to see what it's like to play on Bodhi's side, this is it, but I already shot her down.

However, I haven't actually paid out to the Shadow Thieves to advance the plot. Is there a command I can use to reset Bodhi to thinking I haven't spoken with her yet?

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Well, if you're willing to continue playing despite Mazzy leaving, then why not just continue playing and live with the Shadow Thieves decision, as well?
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2013
    I booted Mazzy pre-emptively once I found out she'd leave on her own. I can play with the Shadow Thieves, but the reason for switching is 1) my main playthrough long ago went with the Shadow Thieves and 2) if I were to play again, I'd have a mostly good group that wouldn't work with Bodhi. So this is the only group I'm probably ever going to play where that route is an option. I just didn't know I was going to have this group to start with.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    *Shrug* If you knew you wanted to do Bodhi's quest you probably should not have recruited a Lawful Good would-be Paladin. There's no way to switch allegiances as far as I know.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2013
    *shrugs* I personally think helping Bodhi is far more fun, since you battle your way through two different dungeons in the game, instead of the same dungeon twice.
    jackjack
  • XukuthXukuth Member Posts: 78
    edited November 2013
    I think that if you actively turn Bodhi down instead of saying "whoops, looks like I don't actually have fifteen thousand gold to give you right now, let me come back later", there's no way to side with her. However, the easiest way to find out would be to try going to the Graveyard at night again and see if she approaches you once more/if you can find her.

*Shrug* If you knew you wanted to do Bodhi's quest you probably should not have recruited a Lawful Good would-be Paladin. There's no way to switch allegiances as far as I know.

I'm not sure how much more clearly to say this- my planned party included Mazzy, and having Mazzy dictated I couldn't side with Bodhi. I'm only trying to do it now because I can't use Mazzy and Hexxat together. This was never a consideration initially, I'm solely interested because my group makeup has had a change thrust upon it.

@Xukuth: Yes, I actively turned her down, to where she said I had made an enemy that day. That's why I think my only option is the possibility of some console command or other hack that will reset Bodhi to think I haven't spoken with her.
  • XukuthXukuth Member Posts: 78
    edited November 2013
    Oh, cool. Make sure you're not in the Graveyard and try these commands in order (only do this if you haven't actively accepted the Shadow Thieves' offer yet because it might break the game in unexpected ways if you have):

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BodhiAppear","GLOBAL",1)
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("WorkingForAran","GLOBAL",0)

and enter the graveyard at night.

Then, assuming that makes Bodhi show up, but she doesn't talk to you, (she might do this or she might work properly w/o this step) try mousing over her, and run this command:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BodhiMove","LOCALS",0)

Obviously make a backup of at least one save before messing around with globals.

jackjackShar
    That worked perfectly. Thanks.