Skip to content

Baldur's gate Enhanced Edition Cheats

So I download the game off steam and I've been trying to find the .ini file to put in cheats, but I can't seem to find it. Does it even work if you download the game off steam? I've went to Documents and to the game file but there is no Baldur's Gate.ini. I'm not all that great with computers so I could just be looking in the wrong spot. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\Baldur.ini
    Krassas
  • MrTea1976MrTea1976 Member Posts: 20
    I can't find it either. I've been looking for a while.
  • jb0311jb0311 Member Posts: 2
    just checked there and there is no file for that
  • MrTea1976MrTea1976 Member Posts: 20
    I also can't find the '00766' file. Any ideas where I should be looking, please?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited November 2013
    @MrTea1976, if you are also using the Steam version, then as far as I am aware there is no /00766/ directory. That's the installation directory. To find the installation direcoty through Steam, open your library and right click on the game title, click 'Properties', go to the 'Local Files' tab, then click on 'Browse Local Files...'
    [spoiler=Example]

[/spoiler]
    That's probably not what you're looking for, though.

@jb0311, did you run the game at least once?
  • jb0311jb0311 Member Posts: 2
    yes I have
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited November 2013
    @jb0311,

For BG:EE it is:
    (XP) My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\
    (Vista/7/8) Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\

For BG2:EE it is:
    (XP) My Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\
    (Vista/7/8) Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\

(You can actually just copy and paste the above line that suits your game and system into the address bar of any Windows Explorer window)

Please also note that your system settings may hide the extension (*.ini) and the file may just show up as being 'Baldur' - though it should still appear to be text file.

If you cannot find an INI file there... well, then there's a problem.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • RubyRuby Member Posts: 3
    Thanks but what do we do in the file again please?
    Bish1500
  • beombeom Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I would like to know what to do with the baldur.ini file as well. it looks pretty complicated for BGII EE.
  • chaser69chaser69 Member Posts: 1
    mydocuments bgee file it will say buldar.ini or lua open with word pad or note pad under progam options enter this line exactly SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1') and save. steam community also has guide under walkthroughs