Skip to content

Hexxat - how soon to engage her (spoilers)

Ok first character into BG2EE - the party encounters Hex and sets off on her quest - PC beserker 7->druid 9, Jahs, Yoshi, Aerie, Minsc - playing on Normal have not done anything outside Chez Irenicus except Circus tent.

Getting thumped by Dragonis (sp?) - everyone is either getting dire charmed and/or almost no one has anything to hit him with (apparently needs +2 weapons?) are we just trying to do this too early or are we just inept? Have tried 3 times now - last time got him down to badly injured but I am not into reload until you get lucky so am getting ready to go back to an earlier save or restart with one of the other 40 or so characters I have waiting in the wings

Comments

• BG_ZeroBG_Zero Member Posts: 23
    You can manage the fight but its not easy. Magic works and your right about weapon strength. overall though I think going there early is a bad plan just based on that one encounter unless you have the right protection.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    BG_Zero said:

You can manage the fight but its not easy. Magic works and your right about weapon strength. overall though I think going there early is a bad plan just based on that one encounter unless you have the right protection.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing - now I just have to decide whether to just go back to an earlier save before Hex or restart - I wonder if Dungeon Be Gone works with BG2EE...

• SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    @Wanderon - Dungeon-Be-Gone works with BG2EE, you could always check the BG2EE compatible mods thread in the modding section.

Making a note of not doing Hexxat's quest early though. Heh.
    Yep just checked the mod thread and dl DBG LOL
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Have fun. XD

Have fun. XD

Sigh... looks like first I have to figure out how to get BG2EE from the stand alone launcher as apparently I can't install mods with the game on the Beamdog launcher?

• JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    I did the slavers quest, bought Azuredge, and Minsc one shotted him with it .... that axe is seriously OP
  • The_MageThe_Mage Member Posts: 19
    I just looted the other crypts first, which made the fight considerably easier. You can find a +2 Longsword with silencing ability, as well as a +2 Battle axe. What worked for me was summoning a couple of gnolls to keep him occupied, while my character and Minsc dashed in as well, doing considerable damage.

Getting Lilarcor is also an option, since that makes you immune to charm and confusion if I am not mistaken.
    I did find a +2 dagger but I may not have looted everything - Minsc was wielding Chaos sword