Skip to content

[MOD] Psionics Unleashed ver. 0.3 (new update; bg2ee support)

Comments

• chrismartel0817chrismartel0817 Member Posts: 6
    I am able to install the mod but when I go to the kit under the Fighter class, where the class title should be it says "MISSINGSTRING#32152". Any ideas?
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Will this still work with Patch 1.2 ? I would love to use it again. Thanks for all the incredible work.
  • MishuloMishulo Member Posts: 5
    as @chrismartel0817 said, I have the same issue. If I go in game, my CHARNAME starts a dialogue (but I'm not sure if it's part of this mod) with string errors upon string errors, which leaves me no choice but to cmd-Q back to my desktop.
    I don't know if that might be important, but I'm on a Mac. I've just tried reinstalling but to no avail.
  • JS82JS82 Member Posts: 15
    On another note - does anybody know if Kwiat is still planning to resume work on the mod? Its been awfully quiet on the forum since release of 0.2... Even in beta its one of the best kit mods released, but would love to try the finalized version :-)
  • Kwiat_WKwiat_W Member Posts: 37
    For those who have problems with missing text strings, you can try installing the mod using newer weidu version - it has improved support for BGEE.
    1. Go here: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/board,44.0.html
    Download newest version available.
    2. Rename "weidu.exe" to "setup-w_psionics_unleashed.exe" and copy it to folder with the game.
    3. Install/reinstall the mod using that exe file. You no longer need the "BGEE-w_psionics_unleashed.bat", delete it.

Instructions are for windows ofc, those using macs should try new weidu for their system, but I can't give you specific instructions.
    Darkersun said:

Will this still work with Patch 1.2 ? I would love to use it again. Thanks for all the incredible work.

I have no idea.

I plan to publish an updated version of the mod in about a week or two.

In BGEE, if you save&load quick it is possible to lose the powers(spells). This happens real often and will only restore after resting. I assume this happens because I didn't leave enough time for the script to process itself. (The same reason you can't load and exit map too fast I suppose? )If I save and wait for a period of time before loading then it will be fine.

I wonder if you could add another special ability to check if the powers are correct and if not modify them to normal. This is just a suggestion based on no modding experiences.

There is no script associated with this behaviour, this is a game engine bug, however it occurs in such specific situations that you will probably never experience it in a normal (unmoded) game or in any other mod.

Also, the grease spell costs nothing though the description states it costs one point.

Thanks, it turns out this also happens with few other powers and supplied weidu version is at fault (It doesn't recognize coding syntax that worked well in older versions). Will be fixed in next version.
  • chrismartel0817chrismartel0817 Member Posts: 6
    I am pretty close to have this working as it should.

I am using the Mac installer over in the mac forums with the windows version of this mod plus the newest windows version of weidu. I belive that this will also work with the installer and mac versions of everything as well as I originally did that and do not think it was the source of the problem.

The main problem that I was having was a permissions issue. You need to go into the language folder and make sure you have read/write access to the language you are using.

I am still have some issues though. The class name in creation is "ZZ don't delete this spell" and the class names once you level are all messed up.
    Cool, looking forward to next version. Would it be possible to update readme with a little info on stats-bonuses and power point progression by level? Or just explaining here how it works :-) Thanks!
    But the readme already has two tables, one gives info on bonus power points for intelligence score higher than 11, the other shows Power Points per level, number of powers known per level and maximal (or maximum?) power level known. I think everything is self-explanatory, if not tell me what needs explaining.
    Ah, I know what the problem is - I missed the tables because of some layout/browser bug. When I open the readme the tables are strung out as a single line, with all text and numbers disappearing off to the right. Don´t know if its my machine messing up.
    edited October 2013
    The tables in the readme posted at shsforums are messed up. It was OK as I was taping it on my tablet, but when I finished that is what I got. There is a html file distributed with the mod, tables there are readable. An old pre-release version of readme (but with correct tables) can be found here:

http://pastehtml.com/view/ch5z48cd0.html
    There will be a new version after the patch ? Awesome ;) Are you still planning on adding content to this mod (like Pschic Warrior etc.) That would be most awesome. Thanks for all this.
    Nice, thanks that makes sense. Is there progression past l20?
    No, but you can get more power points and psionic powers through HLAs.
    News on the mod? Wanted to import my BG EE psion into BG2 EE, so now I´m holding off playing it until its ready... Should I?
    I'm working on it right now. BG2EE compatible version should be ready in a few days, it depends on how much free time I'll have. It should be ready next weekend (or monday).
  • MantipperMantipper Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I've installed the mod for BGEE, when I open BGEE it gives an sql error "can't add column 'string'. too many columns on table 'weapprof'." it does the same for '25stweap'. I've searched for fixes I can do regarding these sql errors, I've not found anything. I'm wondering if there is anyway I can get this resolved.

*Edit: I'm using WeiDu 236
    Post edited by Mantipper on
  • IrithylIrithyl Member Posts: 40
    Same here :( I get those errors, but the game still starts, but in the character creation Psion appears in the Fighter section and I can't choose it.
  • FrkunFrkun Member Posts: 52
    edited November 2013
    One question. I created a character I am not very satisfied with in BG2EE. I am already level 11, not in chapter 3 but a lot of quests done like 20-30 hours of play, building a relationship around Neera.

I just saw this and I am thinking that maybe it's a good idea to change my PC to this class, or at least explore a little with it. But the only way I know to do this is by cloning my save into msave folder, load a mp game and the create a new character on the first slot, saving all his inventory in another character's one.

Question is, how does this affect my relationship with Neera? and any other quests available (Like stronholds)?

Another question, how does he learn the spells? By level up?
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2013
    another way to do this is using EE keeper, but that could prove a little tricky for this class (maybe I'm wrong I've never played with it)

In EE keeper, load your save, go to your character characteristic tab, and under class select Fighter (as this kit is a fighter one) then you have to choose the kit. EE Keeper maybe not recognize the kit per say, and you'll have to enter the value manually via the "set value" button. This value should look like something like that 0x40200000 (this is the blackguard kit value)

To find the value, the best way is to create a character with this kit and load him up in EE keeper ;)

Then go to your Abilities tab, and set your level to 0 and your base HP and current HP to 1. Don't touch the XP if you want to have the instant level up to your current level.

Don't forget to clear your proficiencies points and other innate spells already learned to avoid conflicts when you'll level up !

You can always come back in EE Keeper to clean the residual mess that could have passed the reinitialization =)

Don't forget to save with a new name to keep your old save clean and go check out your new powers =p

This method is not perfect but at least you'll keep your done quest and story progression as well as all the variables concerning your relationship with Neera and the other character.
    @Mantipper @Irithyl update 1.2 broke ALL kit mods, new compatible version of the mod will be released on next monday.

@Frkun my mod currently doesn't work, so your dilemma is solved - you can't play as a psion. But even if it wasn't broken what you are trying to do wouldn't be possible. You see, this mod is much more complicated then average kit mod. Changing class and kit in shadowkeeper, as @neoesprit suggested, wouldn't be enough. This isn't even a warrior kit, but rather a mage/sorcerrer hybrid. Psion "class" to function requires proper scripts to run, variables to be set and effects to be applied. This is a process that will run properly only during character creation at beginning of the game.
    If you want to try this mod I would suggest doing so on your next playthrough.
  • FrkunFrkun Member Posts: 52
    @Kwiat_W Thanks for your suggestion. I will keep an eye on this mod.
  • IrithylIrithyl Member Posts: 40
    Thanks for the answer Kwiat-W, and thank you for the effort you are putting into this! It will also be great to see the class ready for bg2ee :)
    Will the next version also be compatible with SCS ? Will it be a fix or does it also have new features ?
    Thanks for doing this :)
  • RoarRoar Member Posts: 41
    Will the next version be compatible with bgee, great work btw
    @Darkersun some players (at shs forums) have played normal BG2 with SCS and my mod, nobody reported any compatibility problems, so I suppose there also should be none with BG2EE&SCS&PU. Players complained however that psions are to weak against SCS smart mages, so the next update is mostly about making psions more competitive against them. I'll add few new powers and tweak some that already exist.
    I have been working on psychic warrior but i doubt I will have time to finish it.

@Roar I don't have a straight answer. After I have applied necessary fixes to my mod it seems to be working fine with BG(1)EE 1.2, EXCEPT for the SQL errors at game launch. Those errors show up when more than 2 custom kits have been installed, PU adds about 15 kits, but only one is visible at character creation. In my short playtest I had no problems, errors seem to be harmless, but I can't be sure if they indeed are. I would like to see a dev comment on that subject. The mod will need a longer playtest after I finish working on the next update.
  • RoarRoar Member Posts: 41
    cant wait to try it. this is one of the most impressive mods ive played :)
    I tried BG EE psion with SCS, no problems there. Good call on the smart mages btw, looking much forward to 0.3.
    Thanks for the information.
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    Any updates with this mod? I played it once with the original BG2 and I loved it and I'm waiting for it to be updated before I go into BG2:EE.