Skip to content

[MOD] Psionics Unleashed ver. 0.3 (new update; bg2ee support)

Comments

• Kwiat_WKwiat_W Member Posts: 37
    Version beta 0.3
    BG2EE is now supported,
    new psionic powers: Stygian Conflagration, Mind Shield, Personal Dispelling Buffer,
    Summon Planar Ally no longer crashes the game,
    should be compatible with Geomantic Sorcerer kit,
    psions casting time will now decrease by 1 at levels 7/11/15
    at psion levels 5/9/13/17 a penalty of -1 will be imposed to victim's saving throws
    other changes.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1037-psionics-unleashed/
  • TelylTelyl Member Posts: 2
    Finally! I've been waiting!
  • JS82JS82 Member Posts: 15
    YES! Seems like very nice changes as well. Can´t wait to test.
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    Omg I love you, been waiting for this!
  • RoarRoar Member Posts: 41
    edited November 2013
    Cant wait to try it, awesome mod! I also hope its compatible w bg1 cause i wana do a full playtru w it
    edited November 2013
    a .\sql compiler.c(566): [Overflow] can't add Table: Number of tables(256) greater than or equal to the maximum number [256] keeps happening. Its bgee 1, and i have to alt tab to close the error.

This happens frequently for a while, but restarting the game seems to help.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Roar Check your portraits folder for a bgee.sql file and delete it.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited November 2013
    If this is the bgee.sql, you should also first uninstall all mods, or an old version of the file may be restored upon uninstallation, and deleting bgee.sql while mods are installed would screw up their journal entries, if any.
  • silversnuffsilversnuff Member Posts: 16
    Not a huge concern but the psion doesn't seem to work in the Black pits 2. The constant spell failure in the lobby makes it difficult to use the required special ability to level up. Otherwise, awesome stuff!
    Wisp and mlnevese, i tried uninstalling all mods and reinstalling them, then deleted bgee.sql from override folder (there was no bgee.sql in the portrait folder but the problem still occurs. On a side note when the error happens, it happens everytime i select an ability and restarting bgee solves the problem.

New bug: I am allowed to augment psion power: concussive blast as much as I want, even if it up consuming my powerpoints to '-2'. This is when I am level 3.

Scenario:
    1) Psion P/P: 17/17
    2) uses 'concussive blast' 3pp
    3) augments to 9d6 with another 16pp (+1d6 per 2pp)
    4) successfully casted (dealt 31 damage)
    5) Psion P/P balance becomes -2/17
    @silversnuff Thanks, I'll see what I can do about it.

@Roar I made it so to test this power, but forgot to reverse it when I have finished working on it. It should work like that only on levels 1-4, one you hit 5 it should work as intended. Thanks for the raport.

There is another change I forgot to mention in my previous post, I made many psionic slefbuffs not removable by breach and similar spells (other than dispel magic). Psions don't get any powers to remove magical protections (except for dispel psionic/magic), so I think it's fair if mages can't remove psionic protections.
    thats cool, btw, does psionic resistance = magic resistance in your mod?
    @Roar Yes. Also psionic damage = magic damage.
  • MishuloMishulo Member Posts: 5
    Hi there,
    I just tried reinstalling this on a fresh BGEE install (on Mac OS X) after the patch, but there seems to be a problem.
    Might this debug file be of any help?
    @Mishulo There is no attachment in your post. If you are going to post it, please attach also your weidu.log.
    I noticed you removed some item files from the 0.2 release (drilbu of influence, psicrystal) - I realize they werent actually working, but are you planning on adding items in the future?
    I seem to get a whole bunch of override errors when I try to start a game in BG:EE. Something to do with the tables.
    @JS82 I want to add psionic items at some point, but it won't be the driblu or the psicrystal. The psiristal was working, but it is a very old concept from few years back, I don't know if it would be working with current version. Also, it's not an item but a psionic "familiar".
    I don't know yet what items I will add, I'm open to suggestions, but I will add just a few items, as abeir toril is supposed to be a low psionic world.

@silversnuff this is a known problem with version 1.2 of bgee and kit mods, there is nothing I can do about it. Read posts by mlnevese and Wisp I quote below, maybe it will help you.
    mlnevese said:

@Roar Check your portraits folder for a bgee.sql file and delete it.

Wisp said:

If this is the bgee.sql, you should also first uninstall all mods, or an old version of the file may be restored upon uninstallation, and deleting bgee.sql while mods are installed would screw up their journal entries, if any.

@Kwiat_W Ah, my mistake I see my error. Thank you for the quick response. Love the mod so far!
  • Kezza921Kezza921 Member Posts: 9
    First off let me say I love the mod so far (although I have only just started)

However when I launch the game it comes up with a few errors about being unable to create the column
    @Kezza: If BGEE v 1.2, its probably the bug Silversnuff was talking about in the post above. I got that as well.

@Kwiat: If you want to add items, why not keep it to one special thing, either high level or with level scaling effects.

With the 0.3 additions, the psion seems pretty complete, except for maybe having a bit limited options against very high HP, multiple immunity enemies at TOB levels, where the game is balanced around the pretty ridiculous HLAs of mages and fighters.

An item suggestion in that regard: a psicrystal "familiar" (maybe the piece of crystal from the kobolds den in spellhold?), with the following properties:

Mid-levels: power point container.

Mid-high: pp container maybe an added ability or stat buff.

Very high: The crystal becomes "alive" and in addition to above, able to project a powerful astral presence- a summonable creature with illithid-like abilities, ie. some disabling psionic powers and an intelligence draining attack. Alternatively it could be an astral clone of the PC (although you already have Fission for that).

If you go for a scaling item, improving the crystal could be a level-dependent special ability, and achieved at a cost to the psion. For example by sacrificing xp or stats.

More on my epic psionic wish-list:

- Astral Juggernaut (24 hd construct from "untapped potential", Shaper HLA?)
    - Tornado blast (no MR! kineticist HLA?)
    - Improved metapsionics feat (general psionic HLA?)
    - 1 HLA for each of rest of the subclasses, though couldn´t find any directly suitable...
    @JS82 I like the Astral Juggernaut idea, especially that it can be turned into armor. I didn't know this book, thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably use it.

And I do plan to have each discipline have at least one exclusive HLA. These are my ideas:
    1. telepath - mass domination, creatures X lvls below the psion don't get a save, other creatures after a successful save get minor penalties because they are disturbed by the mental attack

2. nomad - alter history, psion goes back in time to warn himself and his companions about recent unfortunate events, when he comes back to present time dead allies are raised, all party members regain some HPs, some negative conditions might be cured (poisoning, blindness, negative levels etc.). The effects and their magnitude will be random, but always positive (all characters will be healed, but some for large amount other for little, some might be cured of poison other not etc.)

3. egoist - shapeshifting into elementals, but they can still use psionic powers (I don't like this HLA)

4. seer - psion has extended awareness he sees things as they really are (true seeing), he can see the future (he gets boost to saving throws and AC), he can warns party members about comming events (they get minor bonuses), he is partially immune to taime stop (he can't move, but can use his powers)

5. shaper - I didn't have anything for shapers until you suggested the Astral Juggernaut, thanks again

6. kineticist is probably the easiest (most obvious), some elemental attack (maybe tornado, maybe something else) or something anti-magical (like the null psionic field I describe below)

My ideas for general HLAs:

time duplicate - psion borrows himself from another time, psion and this duplicate don't share power points reserve like the fission duplicate, time duplicate has his own pp pool,, but small (around 70?). He can't create duplicates and use items in quick slots and HLAs, he will go back to his own time before he could be killed (when his HP drop below 30%, or any of his ability scores drop below 5) or when he has lost all his PP. I could make a cutscene where at some point in the game player (after taking this power) is visited by himself from the future and taken to another time. After few second he returns, but he has lost some HP and PP. This would be just for flavour.

Null psionic/magic field or something similar - probably a concentration power that dispels magic/psionic around psion, block use of magic/psionic, creatures that exist thanks to magic (golems, undead, with exception of liches and maybe other very powerful creatures) are "frozen" in the field (can't move or attack, but can be attacked by others)

Some of those HLAs are based on powers from a ad&d book, but I don't remember the title.

About psionic items, I also thought about making some items scalable with level or upgradable by the psion. What you suggest for psicristal is to far away from d&d for my taste, I'll share my thoughts on this subject another time.
    Cool!
    Kwiat_W said:

@JS82 I like the Astral Juggernaut idea, especially that it can be turned into armor. I didn't know this book, thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably use it.

And I do plan to have each discipline have at least one exclusive HLA. These are my ideas:
    1. telepath - mass domination, creatures X lvls below the psion don't get a save, other creatures after a successful save get minor penalties because they are disturbed by the mental attack

Like it!
    Kwiat_W said:

2. nomad - alter history, psion goes back in time to warn himself and his companions about recent unfortunate events, when he comes back to present time dead allies are raised, all party members regain some HPs, some negative conditions might be cured (poisoning, blindness, negative levels etc.). The effects and their magnitude will be random, but always positive (all characters will be healed, but some for large amount other for little, some might be cured of poison other not etc.)

Effect seems more fitting for priest? Maybe something teleportation oriented- teleport at will 10 rounds (can initiate action right after each tp)? Baleful teleport field?
    Kwiat_W said:

3. egoist - shapeshifting into elementals, but they can still use psionic powers (I don't like this HLA)

Agree, too similar to druid hla. Don´t know. Giant growth?
    Kwiat_W said:

4. seer - psion has extended awareness he sees things as they really are (true seeing), he can see the future (he gets boost to saving throws and AC), he can warns party members about comming events (they get minor bonuses), he is partially immune to taime stop (he can't move, but can use his powers)

Nice!
    Kwiat_W said:

My ideas for general HLAs:

time duplicate - psion borrows himself from another time, psion and this duplicate don't share power points reserve like the fission duplicate, time duplicate has his own pp pool,, but small (around 70?). He can't create duplicates and use items in quick slots and HLAs, he will go back to his own time before he could be killed (when his HP drop below 30%, or any of his ability scores drop below 5) or when he has lost all his PP. I could make a cutscene where at some point in the game player (after taking this power) is visited by himself from the future and taken to another time. After few second he returns, but he has lost some HP and PP. This would be just for flavour.

Seems cool :-) Maybe time-travelling thing too close to suggested nomad mechanism? Else he could just borrow himself from a few seconds ago. Could probably also be limited by short duration (5 rounds = max 85 pp spent), rather than hp or pp.
    Kwiat_W said:

Null psionic/magic field or something similar - probably a concentration power that dispels magic/psionic around psion, block use of magic/psionic, creatures that exist thanks to magic (golems, undead, with exception of liches and maybe other very powerful creatures) are "frozen" in the field (can't move or attack, but can be attacked by others)

Nice! I suggest keep this general psionic ability, and let kineticist be the blaster.
    Kwiat_W said:

About psionic items, I also thought about making some items scalable with level or upgradable by the psion. What you suggest for psicristal is to far away from d&d for my taste, I'll share my thoughts on this subject another time.

look forward to reading your ideas.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Love this class its like a sorcerer never runs out of his best spells. Other then when you have no more points to spend.
    How about "incarnate" for egoist HLA: For each pick, make a low level boost permanent - e.g. higher hp, higher movement rate, damaging claws, slow hp regen etc. With multiple picks, lets the egoist gradually morph into a physically powerful character, albeit with less high level spell abilities than the other casting classes.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Sorry to go over old issues. I'm getting the .\sql.complier.c[515]: [Overflow] Can't add column 'W_PSIONIK30'. Too many columns on table 'WEAPPROF' error.

I've searched for bgee.sql but no such file exists anywhere on my PC. I don't seems to have any SQL files in any BGEE directories at all.

Any ideas?
    @mlnevese, @Wisp.

Sorry to summon, hoping for suggestions on other things which may be causing this.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @decado The SQL file is inside on of the games resource files. One of the things that may cause your problem is a bad copy in one of the override folders. Check your portraits folder, for instance.
    @mlnevese, thanks for the response.

I've been through each resource folder and have no sql files of any sort in any folder which is what is confusing me. Is it wrapped up in another file somewhere?