Skip to content

Neera & Friends (SPOILERS)

SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
So uhm guise, I have a question about mai waifu's (Neera) quests. If you haven't played BG II: EE, yet, don't click the spoiler!
Also, preferring answers from people who have helped her before and are roe-mantzing her.

So I...
-Did the whole thing at the Hidden Refuge where I talked to ERRYBODY (STOP MAKING CHARACTERS THAT ARE LIKEABLE); I did NOT save Barad Ding's cats, give that dwarf girl who is totally from Azeroth her booze, or give that mage-child her headband
-saved...I'm going to call him Gildor Moon-Berry (that putzy blue elf), trashed the Thayans who tried to trash him (Hey, Aegisfield, got something else for you to look at! ;D)
-Went "oh god is Neera going to go Maiev Shadowsong? Because if Neera is going to go Maiev Shadowsong, I am going to be happy." after the Hidden Refuge got trashed
-Trashed the hell out of the Thayans in the laboratories...and dotted the Is and crossed the Ts with the Wild Mage unlock puzzle thing; watched Barad Ding die of despair (what the HELL?! :()
-Went back to the Hidden Refuge and got ************'s Robe from Telana, groaned when I found out that the stoner elf is still alive

So uh long story short I sort of jumped the gun on several occasions. Is Neera now only adventuring with me because she's like, "Well, at least most wild mages he encounters end up survivng...", and is it now no longer possible to romance me because two of her friends are missing (and that little boy) and one is dead partially because of me? :(?

The most recent thing Neera said to me was "WOW CITIES HOW DO THEY WORK", and I was like, "yeah they're pretty cool", and she was like, "being lonely in the High Forest was cool".

also in a future patch please provide us an option to waste the stoner elf, he's annoying

I mean if I screwed things up, I've got the Nalia romance installed, and have yet to play Courageous Troll Slaying Hero and win the fair Lady de'Arnise's heart. I did not install Romantic Encounters, because despite how much fun it is to hit on dragons and flirt with Guildmistress Busya, I just decided not to this time.

Comments

• EldrythEldryth Member Posts: 56
    Your romance should be fine. In my playthrough, I saved nobody except the one guy who thought he was a king (I was caught off guard by the attack, started with saving the elf and just went with it) and was able to romance her with no problems.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • maerduinmaerduin Member Posts: 21
    If you recently got that conversation, then you're good for now.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Wow, Neera's one hell of a friend!

What the HELL, Neera?! :(?!
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    edited November 2013
    Mine went exactly the same, strangely, and I think I've gotten to the last talk with her. Although I'm thinking I haven't seen whatever brought up that last bit, so maybe not.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • EldrythEldryth Member Posts: 56

It's not like your character was responsible for their deaths. Sure, if you know about the attack and skip their quests anyway, then the player is responsible from a meta perspective, but there's no way Neera would blame you. After all, you were away helping to save a new potential member- it's only due to game mechanics that it triggers the attack. If anything, she'd be thankful for saving the few you were able to.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Eldryth said:

It's not like your character was responsible for their deaths. Sure, if you know about the attack and skip their quests anyway, then the player is responsible from a meta perspective, but there's no way Neera would blame you. After all, you were away helping to save a new potential member- it's only due to game mechanics that it triggers the attack. If anything, she'd be thankful for saving the few you were able to.
    I'll just spend the rest of my playthrough behaving like Xena did in those episodes where she'd process out the terrible things she did. Publicly.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Okay people, so
    the camp just got trashed
    but there is no dialogue triggering. A bit of text says that
    footprints in the ash indicate it isn't abandoned
    but Neera is not saying anything and I am pretty confused about what I am supposed to do. Its especially weird that Neera is saying nothing at all, considering she's the one that said she was worried and to go back.

Bug? Any hope?
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    There should be one NPC in the camp. I don't remember her name. Whoever asked you to get Daxus.
    @enqenq:
    Any idea where? The camp is deserted. Is she hiding?
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    She should be pretty near the entrance and hard to miss. Sounds like a bug.
    Sounds like it. I managed to spawn her with the console to continue the mission, but she is very distinctly not there.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    @Eudaemonium can you provide a save just prior to visiting the burned refuge?
    SCARY_WIZARD
    edited November 2013
    @aVenger, I actually just saved over it. =/ But I have a save a short while before that I can try and replicate the issue on. If it happens again I will send it over.

I reloaded from the point twice and it didn't fix it, so it'll probably happen a third time.