Skip to content

Uhm... BG2:EE

IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
Is it just me... Or do the Multi-Classes appear as: Jaheria: Fighter/Druid and Fighter/Druid. How the heck am I supposed to know which is the Fighter Class and which is the Druid One...? O.o (I mean, I'm pretty sure I remember which class is which when you Multi-Class and or have Jaheira. But that's still really confusing!)

My Cleric/Thief also displays as the same. Which is super confusing. :/

Imoen's Dual Class is the way it used to be.

@Jalily

Is this a bug or just an inconvenient way to list Multi-Classes now? ._.

Edit:

Also, I don't know if this is my PC being old and weird, but why are most of the buttons in the tool bar now greyed out instead of Goldish like they used to be...? I find that a tiny bit annoying, as well.
Items in Quick Slots (Weapons, Potions, Fists(Empty Slot) are coloured but everything else is grey)

Comments

• SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    The Multiclass thing is a bug. I'm pretty sure all the greyed out buttons are also a bug.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    Oh dear. I'm just a bug finding spree this week. :[
    shrekdjSCARY_WIZARD
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yep, both are bugs, yummy yummy yummy there be bugs in the BG tummy
    JuliusBorisovTsyrithSCARY_WIZARD
    I'm normally super bug free. Now suddenly I'm finding every blasted bug in each of the games. God damnit! xD
  • shrekdjshrekdj Member Posts: 50
    I assumed this was a change from original while playing. Ignored it earlier, oh well such oversights are like not what I was expecting from the game.
    Honestly, they aren't really game breaking. I've actually gotten used to Jaheira having the Fighter/Druid thing and Aerie having the Mage/Cleric thing. . . . I think that might actually be a bad thing. *shrug*
    Same... I took the greyed out stuff as some kind of backwards update. o_o

@SapphireIce101

Well, it's just, for people who don't know where Aerie's and Jaheria's and any other combination of M-C's positions are from playing BG2, won't know which is which and will just have to wait and find out when they next level up. Which is obviously a really bad thing. :p

Well, call me a perfection, but the buttons being grayed out and not gold, is different and I don't like the change, so it's really game ruining for me. My PC making the game run slower is fine, Abusing Haste to make it normal speed woo! That I can deal with. These I cannot. XD
    @Icecreamtub - *patpat* I'm pretty sure that these are going to get fixed in the first patch. I just don't know when the first patch is going to be coming out. D:
    @SapphireIce101

;-; These damn waits for patches gah. ;-; I guess I can... Get used to this... NOPENOPENOPE.

No offence to the Devs, cus I really, really support their hard, however... Are these games actually given any time to fish out bugs? I mean, how the heck do you miss Multi-Class bugs and button bugs... The same happened with BG1's release. I know things can't be perfect, but they can at least be standard...? ._.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    Ah, so those were bugs. I thought both were done on purpose. On one hand, it's good, since I definitely don't like these changes and this means that they'll eventually be fixed. On the other hand... it's annoying to have such bugs.
    Icecreamtub
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I was wondering about both.
    I EEkeepered Korgan into a Fighter/Cleric yesterday and thought I'd borked it because it said he was a fighter/cleric in both classes. Half an hour of fiddling couldn't fix it, glad to see its not me.

Also, was worried that everything greyed out was a design decision, also good to hear it's not.

Still, these are the worst bugs I've had so far so, no complaints from me.
    @Icecreamtub - Honestly? I don't think so, I think Atari just wants their money NAO! The only issues I had in BGEE when it first came out was Rasaad not shutting up, and my ranged attackers going into Melee.
    @SapphireIce101

I s'pose... Doesn't make it any less worth it though. As it's been said a thousand times over, I'd rather have a game released, with minimal bugs, than a game I've been waiting for, to find out it doesn't /actually/ function at all. o.0
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    I'm seeing the same
    But I had assumed that it might be a result of excessive EEKeeper tinkering.
    edited November 2013
    @Icecreamtub - Agreed, then again, all games have bugs.
    ~SapphireIce101

Well, that's what I mean, games can have bugs that happen under certain conditions. But Enhanced Edition seems to enhance the bugs themselves. >.<
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    at least your'e not freaking out over it and tearing it apart like people on certain other website forums. One of which I used to go to but now consider the people who post there to be hypocrites. BG2 had just as many bugs on release, you can tell that just by installing SoA before installing ToB, if you ever find the discs on sale somewhere. And some of the bugs STILL existed in the original BG2 complete editon. But the moment a new version comes out and adds a lot of new stuff they have to tear it apart when they see that it has bugs, instead of, say, being happy that the games are being revived to attract more players.
    Yeah, but sometimes, those bugs are there to stay. The best example I can come up with is Skyrim. If you don't have the PC version of Skyrim, then you're stuck with those horrid bugs forever....and ever... D:
    JuliusBorisov
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the fact they've revived the series and sorted out a lot of the game.

It's just the inconvenience is a little upsetting at the same time.
    The best example would be Dragon Age 1 on a Console. :P @SapphireIce101

EG: Exploiting the delicious selling item double gold back bug. :')
    Bugs like that I can live with. Means if I'm bored of trying to get all my silvers together, I can get some gold.
    Unlike the BG bugs, where the game doesn't even open anymore. :c
    Well, I haven't completed Origins on my xbox 360, and I don't think I ever will now. XD

As for BG bugs, I haven't run into any bad ones...yet.
    On the forums, there are some really bad ones. Check them out if you want. ^^ I normally do just to make sure what I'm in store for. :P

And yeah I stopped Origins on my Xbox a few weeks ago when I got back onto my pc xD
  • OcculusXOcculusX Member Posts: 99
    Well, here's one way to differentiate between them:

Look at the fighter experience table. Look at the druid experience table. Look at the levels, and figure out which level matches which table.
  • setsunaluvrsetsunaluvr Member Posts: 29

at least your'e not freaking out over it and tearing it apart like people on certain other website forums. One of which I used to go to but now consider the people who post there to be hypocrites. BG2 had just as many bugs on release, you can tell that just by installing SoA before installing ToB, if you ever find the discs on sale somewhere. And some of the bugs STILL existed in the original BG2 complete editon. But the moment a new version comes out and adds a lot of new stuff they have to tear it apart when they see that it has bugs, instead of, say, being happy that the games are being revived to attract more players.

That sounds suspiciously like the gamefaqs forums.
    @OcculusX

Thanks! Again though, my main concern is the newbies who will be majorly confused. ._.
  • OcculusXOcculusX Member Posts: 99
    Oh well... the interface requires some touching up. ::shrugs::
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    @setsunaluvr What? Nooooo... it's not like the BG2 threads in gamefaqs were ancient and dead-set in their ways and that an Enhanced Edition sounded completely intolerable to them. Those guys are *nice*.