Skip to content

Did anyone beat Dragomir in a fair fight?

Did any of you blokes beat Dragomir in a fair fight? I replayed this fight between 15-20 times in a 'fair manner' without getting close, he just regenerated too fast and only magic seemed to hurt him...sometimes.

Even when I gave up and just smashed him with fireballs whilst he was off screen I had to reload a few times to get the right damage rolls. Serious tough guy for early part of the game.

Comments

• SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    I killed him fair and square... Well, unless you count monster summing and haste cheating. But then I just more or less rushed him.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I basically had to beat him with Dorn (w/ Sword of Chaos), so yeah I did I guess. It was hard as hell. I did some dodging round corners and stuff. I used some wands on him too, but I don't think they actually did anything.
  • abbadabaabbadaba Member Posts: 21
    I did that quest fairly early. He seemed invulnerable to most physical attacks. (I mostly had +1 weapons, my main char was getting ineffective hits with a +2 short sword) Minsc was able to hit him consistently with saervoks 2 handed sword and magic missle was a relaible was to deal damage to him. I replayed it several times before I got lucky and he didn't get a successful confusion cast on Minsc. With buffs applied and the occasional potion my party survived for quite awhile but it was time consuming with just one mage shooting magic missles, 1 effective fighter and the rest of the team just serving as distractions and passing around healing pots.
  • CantabCantab Member Posts: 56

I basically had to beat him with Dorn (w/ Sword of Chaos), so yeah I did I guess. It was hard as hell. I did some dodging round corners and stuff. I used some wands on him too, but I don't think they actually did anything.

Oh Dorn? yeah I don't him yet, could have been handy, just went straight there, pretty much first quest I did.
    Spungi said:

I killed him fair and square... Well, unless you count monster summing and haste cheating. But then I just more or less rushed him.

Yeah no worries doing that, tried it a few times myself, but who did the damage?
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    I am pretty sure I killed him fairly easy before comming there I had gotten the flail of ages and hit him on the first turn he became slowed, then I hit him with glitterdust and then my party with some flame arrows pummeld him to his next life withing seconds.
    abbadaba said:

I did that quest fairly early. He seemed invulnerable to most physical attacks. (I mostly had +1 weapons, my main char was getting ineffective hits with a +2 short sword) Minsc was able to hit him consistently with saervoks 2 handed sword and magic missle was a relaible was to deal damage to him. I replayed it several times before I got lucky and he didn't get a successful confusion cast on Minsc. With buffs applied and the occasional potion my party survived for quite awhile but it was time consuming with just one mage shooting magic missles, 1 effective fighter and the rest of the team just serving as distractions and passing around healing pots.

Yeah that was me to a tee, except my Minsc only had a +1... and the only people that hurt was my guys.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738

I basically had to beat him with Dorn (w/ Sword of Chaos), so yeah I did I guess. It was hard as hell.

Yes, I beat him without any cheesing and I don't any of my party members had even leveled in BG2 at that point. Just did the above, and also had Hexxat hitting him with +2 short sword. My sorc debuffed him with glitterdust and slow, and then dmg spells. Dorn drank healing potions if needed, and I had Viconia heal him.

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I can't even remember the fight, it must have been easy.
    I had dorn with sword of chaos and my F/M with a flail +2 (and hexxat and Viconia) I killed him without being really injuried
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    I used Dorn :) Also my Hexxat had some +2 weapons, can't remember where from.
    Buffed my Fighter/Cleric with W/E he had, and buffed him with a weapon spell, so that he could do some dmg.
    I pulled him out with Hexxat (I think it was) so he would waste his confusion on her, and not everyone else :P Then I just bumrushed him and hoped for the best :)
  • selkyraselkyra Member Posts: 54
    I trapped the doorway with Yoshimo and Clara, and lured Dragomir out whilst avoiding his charm spell. He died in a second.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    This was pretty straightforward. I whacked him and he died.
    Have Dorn, have +2 weapons, seems to be the theme. Might get me some of those.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Well, I *HAD* to fight him straight-up, because my game glitched and he spawned on top of me after loading a save game, so I had my hero blade offensive spin with the Sword of Chaos. Not much can survive that when I get good hit rolls, especially when I crit twice in a row.
    Akihiko said:

Well, I *HAD* to fight him straight-up, because my game glitched and he spawned on top of me after loading a save game, so I had my hero blade offensive spin with the Sword of Chaos. Not much can survive that when I get good hit rolls, especially when I crit twice in a row.

Tough break.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Cantab said:

Akihiko said:

Tough break.
    Yeah. On the other hand, I run a four spellcaster party and if I get my way I skull trap all over the place and let enemies walk into death. I've killed two dragons without taking a single point of damage like this, so I think I kinda deserve to get punished like that occasionally. :P
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    stoneskin's /ironsskin's beats all fighters ;D
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    drogamir in the hexxat tomb? yeah no problem, i had dorn wielding sword of chaos too. can't remember having much difficulty.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Giving characters +2 weapons that they aren't even proficient in is enough to handle this guy. I wanted to do Hexxat's quest right off the bat and wound up fighting him with only Korgan, Hexxat, and a PC Cleric/Mage, and I was almost able to handle him fairly by simply giving Korgan the +2 dagger found in the tomb and hoping for crits. Backtracking to grab Dorn and Viconia made Drago a pushover.
  • DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
    Dragomir was a pushover for me. At that time I had Jaheira in the group and she used both insect spells on him. I don't think I even had a mage at that time.
    The three Shadows earlier were the bigger problem. Only had two weapons or so that could hurt them.
  • I took him out by having Dorn run around in circles distracting my dominated kensai while Neera and Jan blasted him with salvos of magic missiles, acid arrows, and melf's minute meteors.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    First time I killed him with a disintegrate scroll.... yeah had to reload after that and try again :P
  • Madhax said:

Giving characters +2 weapons that they aren't even proficient in is enough to handle this guy. I wanted to do Hexxat's quest right off the bat and wound up fighting him with only Korgan, Hexxat, and a PC Cleric/Mage, and I was almost able to handle him fairly by simply giving Korgan the +2 dagger found in the tomb and hoping for crits. Backtracking to grab Dorn and Viconia made Drago a pushover.

Right off the bat...I see what you did there.

I had Dorn with the Sword of Chaos +2; charname (sorcerer) was dropping magic missiles, and Neera...uh, made some sparkles that one time and then that other time she got double HP for a while. Nobody else in the group had a +2 weapon at that point, so Jaheira was combat medic and the other folks just ate popcorn.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Eck4343Eck4343 Member Posts: 38
    This was the very first quest I did, with just Viconia and "Hexxat" in the party and my main character, Elf Berserker. It was not easy, and I had to turn down the difficulty. It still took me about 15 tries with no mage and only a +2 dagger.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    edited November 2013
    I did it fair and square, was the first quest I did. I was a fighter thief, I had Minsc arie nalia and "hexxat". I didn't do anything particularly special. The two mages cast Magic missiles nonstop. Minsc and I beat down. We did a lot of buffing. Aerie and Minsc cast chant, bless and protection from evil 10' . I setup two traps and nalia caste haste. EZ PZ about the biggest challenge was to make sure my F/T didn't get mind controlled
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    Berserker/druid PC went in first and ate the charm spell, and set up to tank with Ironskins. The Scimitar+1 was no good, but dorn was able to chop him up pretty quickly with the sword of chaos. First quest done. Core difficulty.
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    My main character kensai with sarevoks sword, haste and protection from undead. Dragomir killed the rest of my party though...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I found Rasaad's Sun Soulray to be particularly useful against him.
  • sleeperholdsleeperhold Member Posts: 8
    Slow works very nicely. Oil of speed/haste on someone wielding the sword of chaos and he/she'll make short work of Dragomir.