Skip to content

What do you think BGEE is still missing?

Comments

• VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    edited November 2013
    More dwarves. (already mentioned)

More NPC interaction (already mentioned)

Worgs using the Worg/Hellhound models of Icewind Dale 2 :)

Worg race unlocked in PC creation :D
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Ability to install mods on Android & iPad versions of the game.
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    The devs have mentioned many, many times why this cannot be done, but as long as we're just writing down wishes... Remastered graphics. ;)

On a more achievable level, the BG1NPC mod. :)
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    A good (not talking about alignment) thief NPC that isn't Jan. Because variety is good.
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    BG1 NPC Project.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    NPC (party) pathfinding.. it's still as horrible as it was when the original was released and I really wished that this would have been improved.
  • AenorAenor Member Posts: 64
    A few improvements that can't be done by modders:

Extra party slots: this would truly enhance the game into Greatness. I'd wager this would also silence everyone who's badmouthing BGEE/BG2EE and make these the definitively superior versions of the game. Think of the profits!

Switching weapon sets with one click: I'm genuinely surprised this hasn't been already done, as it's been requested by so many people.

The NPC Project would be great, but that's more or less up to the modders, not the devs.
    @Aenor
    Eight character slots would make me the happiest person in the world...

@Kurumi
    However, I would suggest that Kurumi's suggestion would need to take place first. My six character parties have enough trouble walking around each other already as it is. I could hardly imagine adding another 2 to the mix.
  • magpiemagpie Member Posts: 79
    a marking/coloring on scrolls you can scribe. Seriously guys, put it in already :|
  • CaradocCaradoc Member Posts: 92
    edited November 2013
    -Make it possible to switch from weapon+shield / dual wield to ranged weapon or two handed style without having to open an inventory screen and do it manully. Its likely the most annoying thing in bg series.

-More banter and dialog between npcs

-Add an ammo belt to bg ee.

-Allow us to keep on playing after the end battle.

-Maybe allow player to buy a house from Beregost? You could make it a fun sidequest :)

• SartainSartain Member Posts: 18
    A reason for existence.
    No, seriously, I don't really get why this "overhaul" is really needed and I don't really think it's a marked improvement. Much of the new material seems tacked to me, and I'd much rather that the devs had spent their time energy on making an RPG of their own instead of just trying to refurbish one that didn't really need it, in my opinion.
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2013
    @Sartain
    The old version not working in win 7 64 bit is reason enough.

And the game needs as little change as possible. Or i might lose that warm fuzzy feeling i get when i think of it.
    edited November 2013
    You can get both games with expansions from Gog for a total of 20$ (when not on sale for half that) and they'll run just fine on any modern Windows + are compatible with all the old mods.
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    Improvement and reworkinh of HLA. The original HLA are sloppy. Or at least compatible Refinements.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Sartain said:

You can get both games with expansions from Gog for a total of 20$ (when not on sale for half that) and they'll run just fine on any modern Windows + are compatible with all the old mods.

Except those versions look like crap and hurt my eyes.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Michail said:

@Michail
    I'm currently playing the old version on win 7 64 bit, it works well on my laptop. Actually it works better than the EE at the moment (i.e. less bugs).
    Elendar said:

No, they don't, if you use the "widescreen" and the "bigger fonts" mods

See here for a screenshot.
    edited November 2013
    Erg said:

Michail said:

@Michail
    I'm currently playing the old version on win 7 64 bit, it works well on my laptop. Actually it works better than the EE at the moment (i.e. less bugs).
    Elendar said:

Tried it. Hated it. Uninstalled it and waited for the EE.

edit: Screenshot just proves how bad it looks, FYI
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Erg said:

Maybe that looks good to you, but it certainly doesn't look good to me.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited November 2013
    Elendar said:

Tried it. Hated it. Uninstalled it and waited for the EE.

edit: Screenshot just proves how bad it looks, FYI

@Elendar

I'm just debunking the myth that old game doesn't work or looks ugly. Anyone can judge by himself and choose based on his own preferences and tastes.

I like better the original, but I'm not expecting that you do the same.
    Erg said:

I'm just debunking the myth that old game .... looks ugly.

Can't debunk the truth! :P
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Yeah, the improvements in the EE, including but not limited to the new UI, were more than worth the purchase price for me, though I already owned the game on disc. If they weren't for you, well, everyone's different.
    Honestly I don't really see any major difference between regular BG and EE BG, graphics-wise. It's ALL ugly :)
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Customisable font sizes without modding. Seriously, I don't play quite enough to justify any more stuff in my game beyond enhanced NPC banters but this is the one thing that'll improve the experience for me.
    edited November 2013
    Sartain said:

Except for the fact that I have not had a single playthrough of BG1/2 or Icewind Dale 1/2 go smoothly and without a game breaking bug with those versions, and mods, on 4 separate PCs and configurations :)

BG2EE in it's current state is a much smoother ride and experience for me so far than the originals have been from GOG, and modded. That's kind of sad xD
    Varwulf said:

Sartain said:

Except for the fact that I have not had a single playthrough of BG1/2 or Icewind Dale 1/2 go smoothly and without a game breaking bug with those versions, and mods, on 4 separate PCs and configurations :)

BG2EE in it's current state is a much smoother ride and experience for me so far than the originals have been from GOG, and modded. That's kind of sad xD
    Funny, I haven't had any issues on them on my Windows 7 64bit desktop.
    @Sartain
    Guess you're one of the lucky ones :P All four of my machines are Windows 7 and 64-bit.
    I live a blessed life :)
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    Well it is a great money maker what they did was take the work done by players that made content for tutu, and put it in a nice hands free package. Now while it may seem lack luster to some of us to those without the ability or know how to install the game or implement the mods it is well worth the cash.

Now what is still missing? A challenge with all of changes they made they really should have done something to balance things a bit. BGtutu had a mass monster mod for instance to make the spawn rates much higher. They did attempt to fix the problem at release after mass complaint, but as far as I can tell there was no real change.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Anton said:

What is your most anticipated improvement that has not been done in BGEE yet?

The ability to silence Cespenar. He completely kills the Hellish pocket plane aesthetic.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Personally, I would love new portraits for all existing NPC:s in BG1 and BG2. They should be well made (for example, an Elf like Kivan should look like an Elf and so forth) by one and the same artist and thus all same in style and size. That would be fantastic!

Apart from that, more NPC:s to play with.