Skip to content

Possible Fallout 4 Teaser

MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
edited November 2013 in Off-Topic
Over on the video game subset of ICHC there is a posting of a possible F4 teaser site. The ICHC link is http://cheezburger.com/7905370112 and the teaser itself is http://www.thesurvivor2299.com/. Be aware that the teaser site has a Morse Code beep on it; one person in the comments correctly translated the signal as "11, 12, 13" but the code loop is played twice and the second part might be "12, 11, 13" (my Morse ear isn't what it used to be). Suspicion is that this means that we will get some sort of announcement on 11 Dec this year. We'll just have to see.

Comments

• VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    You know, it would be really cool if Morse code was something that played an intricate role in the new Fallout, but was somehow, some way optional so the kiddies could avoid it if they wished. I for one would find it to be very engaging myself :)
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    Sadly Bethesda games don't really rev my engine anymore as if the constant degradation of TES and fallout wasn't bad enough the stink on dishonored gave me cancer. Of course I will check it out in hopes they they bring the heat with another legendary title like Daggerfall = Morrowind > Fallout 3 but I really don't expect anything special from them. I think the TES mmo is a sign that they have sold out but I didn't make it into the beta so I am just going off what my mates said.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

Sadly Bethesda games don't really rev my engine anymore as if the constant degradation of TES and fallout wasn't bad enough the stink on dishonored gave me cancer. Of course I will check it out in hopes they they bring the heat with another legendary title like Daggerfall = Morrowind > Fallout 3 but I really don't expect anything special from them. I think the TES mmo is a sign that they have sold out but I didn't make it into the beta so I am just going off what my mates said.

on the part of the elder scrolls mmo, Bethesda isn't doing that. that is being done by zenimax online while Bethesda continues to work on things like Fallout and single player Elder Scrolls games.

I also think Dishonored is a decent stealth game if you choose a proper difficulty setting so that enemies don't just stare at you.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Fallout 4 would be great... Had it more resembled classics, that is.
    edited November 2013
    I played max difficulty and the AI was still rubbish. The stealth was a joke the paths were so obvious it was like I was playing a bad fps from 10 years ago. A good fps that lives up to today's standards is Dues Ex: Human Revolution.

I know it was "popular" or at least nominated for game of the year, but trash games make it through all the time Batman arkham asylum was a series of square rooms where you would do the same thing over and over, but it was my lil cuz favorite game. We have diff play styles though I play most games maxed out unless I am trying to rush through the story to play a sequel where as he plays in baby mode and uses cheats.

I played max difficulty and the AI was still rubbish. The stealth was a joke the paths were so obvious it was like I was playing a bad fps from 10 years ago. A good fps that lives up to today's standards is Dues Ex: Human Revolution.

I know it was "popular" or at least nominated for game of the year, but trash games make it through all the time Batman arkham asylm was a series of square rooms where you would do the same thing over and over, but it was my lil cuz favorite game. (He plays every game on baby mode)

maybe they increased the difficulty of the ai later? I played late but I was getting spotted a good bit of times. I didn't however make it further than the first mission as I bought it in summer sale with over 10 other games.

yeah I didn't like the look of the new Batman games either, though I don't really like a lot of games like that. It really looked easy and repetitive. you just punch people some and then see they are attacking and get an icon to counter it. could possibly be won without taking a scratch.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I don't have a problem with people disliking games I enjoy--we cannot all be on the same page. I have heard plenty of people with legitimate complaints about Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas but I cannot address any of their concerns given that I am not a developer on those games.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited November 2013
    Here's a leaked video of the gameplay
    edited November 2013
    Well done you bastard lol it looks killer.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Interesting. Looks like Zenimax Media owns the domain thesurvivor2299.com
    Fallout 4!
    Fallout 4!
    Fallout 4!
    Fallout 4!
    Fallout 4!
    Fallout 4!
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

Fallout 4 would be great... Had it more resembled classics, that is.

To be perfectly honest, I can't stand Fallout 1 & 2. They're clunky and dated, even compared to vanilla BG1. They also feel much more random and stupid than even the most difficult D&D encounter. Why do the plant monsters at the start of Fallout 2 have a better chance to dodge than I do, and why do they have over twice as much HP as I do?

I much prefer FO3 and New Vegas.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    iKrivetko said:

Here's a leaked video of the gameplay

It's amazing!!!!!!!!!
    Fallout 4 ftw!

To be perfectly honest, I can't stand Fallout 1 & 2. They're clunky and dated, even compared to vanilla BG1. They also feel much more random and stupid than even the most difficult D&D encounter. Why do the plant monsters at the start of Fallout 2 have a better chance to dodge than I do, and why do they have over twice as much HP as I do?

I much prefer FO3 and New Vegas.

These games have something that later Fallotus utterly lack: the mood. Especially when compared to Fallout 1.

Hard to hit and kill those man-eating plants? Welcome in the world of Fallout, which was quite unforgiving in the two first games.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    FO2 was unneccessarily harsh at the beginning though. If you wanted a character who was good at shooting stuff (or, just anything but melee stuff) the Temple of Trials messed you up good and you didn't stand a chance against those plants (or the geckos to the west) making the first 80% of XP you can get in the starting village inaccessible.
    You get your first gun in the third town so you'd better hope you don't run into any random encounters before that (like a press gang, which has 5 guys with machine guns).
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    F:NV>>>>>>>>>F3
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    edited November 2013

These games have something that later Fallotus utterly lack: the mood. Especially when compared to Fallout 1.

I wholeheartedly disagree. F1 and F2 instilled no mood or sentiment in me other than an empty care cup. F3 and F:NV, on the other hand, proved very atmospheric (hoho, nuclear holocaust puns).

@ajwz
    Granted.
    Also, F:NV>>>>>>>>F3>>>>>>>F2 = F1
    While I agree that beating these plants can be extreme feat for non-meele character, dealing with gecko is duable if you have more AP than them, although it requires you to mind your AP usage per turn.
    i rather enjoy all of the fallout games. played f3 and fnv first, but got the originals really cheap during the summer sale on steam. didn't beat them yet because, well, BGEE :)
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    I've heard rumors that it takes place in the new york area called the Commonwealth. It would make sense considering the http://cheezburger.com/7905370112 supposed teaser says that "If a flame is to grow, there must be a glow. And the Commonwealth is the most technologically advanced part of the U.S. in Fallout Lore.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Any one play the "audio leak"? http://guardianlv.com/2013/11/fallout-4-trailer-audio-potentially-leaked-reddit-questions-legitimacy/

When Fallout 4 is officially announced at Bethesda, my time here will greatly diminish. I love the Fallout games and settings.
    edited November 2013
    just under 7 days on nuclear winter is coming countdown. I really think this is it. I think I remember that symbol at the bottom in Fallout somewhere. even then nuclear winter is coming is a pretty strong indication.
    the page is very confusing as it has 2 countdowns. I think the 12.11.13 would have to be correct though. I guess there will be two announcements maybe?
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I am looking forward to Fallout 4, myself, but I am not going to sit on top of their teaser page and check it every 15 minutes for updated morse code messages or secret messages hidden in the code; I don't advise any of you to do so, either, but if you choose to do so then more power to you. I'll just wait for official word of a potential release date.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    im just really hoping Bethesda keep the good stuff that Obsidian added in the game rather then throwin it out