Skip to content

New Enhanced Edition DLC NPC (What class/kit?)

DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
Which class (kit) you want to be a possible new DLC NPC in BG2 Enhanced Edition. A pure class kitted or vanilla or a multiclass or dual class. Please explain.
Only 10 poll options are availible. As we already have Hexxat and Rasaad it would be fair to merge this 2 classes into one poll option if you're not pleased with them and want another thief or monk. Same for Mage\Sorcerer as we have Neera and Baeloth. "Pure Paladin" option only for a Lawfull Good NPCs, not like Dorn the Blackguard as we already have one.
Or vote for "Other" if you want to see a specific multi or dual class NPC or even a new classkit and explain your position.

For the NPC RACE vote here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25216/new-enhanced-edition-dlc-npc-2-what-race

For the NPC ALIGNMENT vote here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25223/new-enhanced-edition-dlc-npc-3-what-alignment

For the NPC GENDER vote here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25356/new-enhanced-edition-dlc-npc-4-what-gender
  1. New Enhanced Edition DLC NPC244 votes
    1. Fighter (kit)
        7.79%
    2. Ranger (kit)
        7.79%
    3. Paladin (kit) (LG)
        2.87%
    4. Barbarian
      27.46%
    5. Cleric (kit)
      10.66%
    6. Druid (kit)
        5.74%
    7. Mage or Sorcerer
        6.97%
    8. Bard (kit)
      14.75%
    9. Another Thief (kit) or Monk (kit)
        8.20%
    10. Other (write in comments)
        7.79%
Post edited by DarkDogg on

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    The argument for Barbarian seems strongest to me simply because we've had variants on every class except that one - I mean, I'm not sure why you'd want a pure Paladin when Keldorn is around, but... yeah.
  • SharShar Member Posts: 158
    Baeloth
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Elven Archer
    jankiel said:

Duh... Clara

Is this a class?
  • TaevikTaevik Member Posts: 38
    jankiel said:

Duh... Clara

This.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Finally a female bard, maybe a Jester?
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2013
    BG1EE DLC first. Maybe something between BG1 and BG2, for expirienced parties after final fight
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Ghostwise Halfling Barbarian!
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    I got couple things I'd like to see neutral Favoured Soul(mainly to add varition to choice of healers), neutral good female barbarian(with strong character bit like Shar-Teel), and it would also be cool to finally a sorcerer NPC in BG2.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I'm thinking an archer. It looks interesting but I like my char names up front
  • RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
    A heterosexual female thief whom you can't have children with because she only likes buggery.
    @Jalily voted for "Other". Interesting to know what kind of other NPC she would like to see :-)
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    I'd like a new druid kit/character. If you wanted me to go deeper, I'd like an insect powers and disease spreading druid. Kind of like a cancer mage/vermin lord put together. I want to play a PC covered in cockroaches. Thus also providing a needed non-mediocre druid kit. Or on the less disgusting end, maybe a shadow druid kit since we've kind of already seen them running around in universe.

I'm also down for a female barb. Maybe a straight neutral because I dont think there are any neutral tanks existing in BG2.

Also, a cleric/thief might be nice to add, but only if the interface is fixed so the thieving button isn't in the special abilities section.
  • DashivaDashiva Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2013
    Well, considering that tank is covered by Rasaad/Dorn, melee is covered by Dorn/Hexxat and ranged is covered by Hexxat/Baeloth/Neera, the only thing I really miss is healing.

EDIT: A druid would be fine as well I guess, apart from the Cleric.
  • CelsoCelso Member Posts: 3
    I like to have two arcane casters on my team... It would be great to have a good aligned caster so powerfull as Edwin...

P.S.: I trade the above for Baeloth!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Halfling who is a cleric (Leaftender kit)
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    No more NPCs, better make more content - quests, locations, Black Pits 3...
  • FrkunFrkun Member Posts: 52
    There is no many archers in the game. I would create some kind of ranger or fighter with high proficency in bow skills. Maybe dual class it to fighter / thief
    edited November 2013
    Frkun said:

There is no many archers in the game. I would create some kind of ranger or fighter with high proficency in bow skills. Maybe dual class it to fighter / thief

Elf + Archer (ranger kit)
    Vote for Ranger
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited November 2013
    There's already two ranger NPCs. I'll state again : We're missing a good old jester.
    Chaotic Neutral. Cracking jokes around.
    Becomes Jan Jansen Best buddy EVAR

And can't be romanced. Please. At least give us some "unromanceable" NPCs, it's not like our characters are walking dicks that want to screw whoever happens to be their teammates :|
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    - Evil/Neutral Ranger Kit (basically non-good) something in the way of Dark Hunter (a Ranger that can set traps and possibly poison enemies/low backstab (x2)
    - If not that - a Halfling Barbarian with an interesting backstory.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Can I vote for more kits in IWD instead of new NPCs on bg2?
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I vote bard, don't really care what kit though. The reason being that there is only a single bard in the game, Haer'dalis, and I don't particularly care for him.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    pure Bard or Jester.
  • MaconaMacona Member Posts: 70
    I would like a Fighter/Mage NPC.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited November 2013
    i realy wouldn't mind any of these; bard, cleric, archer, thief. i feel all of these are lacking in BG2

id personaly be more interested in race/alignment/gender then class though
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    More and more is always better,