Skip to content

New Enhanced Edition DLC NPC 2 (What Race?)

DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
If there will be a BG2EE DLC introducing a brand new Enhanced Edition NPC, which RACE should the NPC be?
If you want a new race (Celestial or Demonic for example) or some specific race NPC, choose the "Other" poll option and explain your choice in comments please.

For the NPC CLASS AND KIT vote here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25158/new-enhanced-edition-dlc-npc-what-class-kit/p1

For the NPC ALIGNMENT vote here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25223/new-enhanced-edition-dlc-npc-3-what-alignment

For the NPC GENDER vote here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25356/new-enhanced-edition-dlc-npc-4-what-gender
  1. New Enhanced Edition DLC NPC 2 (What Race?)191 votes
    1. Human
      12.57%
    2. Elf
      14.14%
    3. Half-Elf
        6.28%
    4. Dwarf
      23.56%
    5. Gnome
        5.76%
    6. Halfling
      15.18%
    7. Half-Orc
        7.85%
    8. Other
      14.66%
Post edited by DarkDogg on

Comments

• jones0901jones0901 Member Posts: 51
    a healer of some kind, please. I never use dwarves much, either, so that would be cool
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Tiefling.
    DarkDoggbooinyoureyesMooseChangerPat
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Kurumi said:

Tiefling.

We already have one - HaerDalis :-)
    DarkDogg said:

Kurumi said:

Tiefling.

We already have one - HaerDalis :-)
    Yup.. but I want a female one :)
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I miss having a good version of Kagain or Korgan.
    booinyoureyes
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Kurumi said:

Like Neeshka? =)))
    ShadowHunterelementbooinyoureyes
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I'm all for an well spoken ettercap bard, or a tough sahuagin swashbuckler pirate. Perhaps even a gnoll ranger for the good aligned players amongst us? Now that I would finally be a reason to play aas goody-goody. :p

But since BG2:EE became rather cosmopilitan, my vote goes for an Aasimar from Mulhorand. For example, I imagine a "fallen" Aasimar Necromancer and grandson of Osiris might be rather interesting to travel with.
    Mortianna
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Halfling. Or Dwarf. Or Gnome. I love halflings most but ehh, shorties are always cool.
    edited November 2013
    DarkDogg said:

Kurumi said:

Like Neeshka? =)))
    Hehe.. I really had to think about that, too.. but no.. I'd actually prefer a darker character (not necessarily evil) that one could even inspire in a certain direction (a bit like Viconia in this regard). And with a more.. hmmm.. seductive voice!? Yes. A curse wielding Tiefling Witch - that would be great :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Halfling. Ideally one that you pick up in Gullykin in BGEE.
    Quartz
  • AlisonCRWAlisonCRW Member Posts: 1
    Halflings are really fun, and it'd be interesting to see one that compliments or contrasts with Mazzy.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    A female dwarf
    Mortianna
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Elven Sorcerer.

Or Human Clara.
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Not another damn elf or dwarf. Otherwise, I'm fine with whatever.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    CE Halfling Barbarian.
  • FablewyndFablewynd Member Posts: 79
    edited November 2013
    If the class ends up being a bard, I would love for the race to be elf, and the gender to be female. I explained my reasoning in the class thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25158/new-enhanced-edition-dlc-npc-what-class-kit/p2

LuciusDei
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I want a Miniature Giant Space Hampster Berzerker/wizard.
    booinyoureyes
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Female Dwarven Barbarian, CN. Maybe with some special 'Skald-like' abilities.
    KidCarnivalDragonspearbooinyoureyes
  • DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
    We could use another evil cleric. So far we only have Viconia for evil players.
    Mortianna
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    I feel we need another Half Orc, while Dorn finally helped end the great injustice of no half orc NPC's in the series i still feel 1 is nowhere near enough especially considering theres 22 humans, 6 elves, 3 half elves, 3 gnomes, 3 halflings and 3 dwarves.... with that said anything other than a new human would at least even the playing field a little.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    I'd like something funky, though not a tiefling, since we have one already. Maybe an Aasimar, or genasi?
    booinyoureyes
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Need a Deurgar. Am I the only one who wants one?
    GemHound
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    id take a dwarf or Halfling or a male elf
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Clara. She is the last of her kind (Claras. They come from another Crystal Sphere, called Claraspace, which contains but the Planet Clara.). Like the Beast Master in the television series!

And it'd be high-larious to hear her and Hexxat in the same party together. :D "Hey, Clara, get me a drink? :D?" ":("
    AkihikoEmmibooinyoureyes
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

That's my vote, too. There's no female dwarf (or gnome) in either game. Barbarian or skald is both fine; as long as it's clearly a melee fighter.

By "skald", I don't mean the actual skald kit; more a dwarf specific version that's a crossover of skald and dwarven defender, with the ability to sing while attacking (or sing while using defensive stance).
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244

That's my vote, too. There's no female dwarf (or gnome) in either game. Barbarian or skald is both fine; as long as it's clearly a melee fighter.

By "skald", I don't mean the actual skald kit; more a dwarf specific version that's a crossover of skald and dwarven defender, with the ability to sing while attacking (or sing while using defensive stance).
    aherm and no female half orcs just saying
    KidCarnival
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    A lady dwarf who is really grumpy!!
    SCARY_WIZARDDragonspear
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    While Dwarves are good but rare...

I mostly just want a useable thief NPC besides Jan...
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    I have the thing for half-orcs. Don't ask...

(It would be nice to have one that isn't crazy evil :P)
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • CrazedSlayerCrazedSlayer Member Posts: 130
    I would like to see a female halfling :)
    SCARY_WIZARD