Skip to content

New Enhanced Edition DLC NPC 3 (What Alignment?)

DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
Vote for new Enhanced Edition NPC's ALIGNMENT in a possible future DLC. What alignment should the new NPC be?

For the NPC RACE vote here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25216/new-enhanced-edition-dlc-npc-2-what-race

For the NPC CLASS AND KIT vote here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25158/new-enhanced-edition-dlc-npc-what-class-kit/p1

For the NPC GENDER vote here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25356/new-enhanced-edition-dlc-npc-4-what-gender

Please explain your choice in comments.
  1. New Enhanced Edition DLC NPC 3 (What Alignment?)153 votes
    1. Lawful Good
        2.61%
    2. Neutral Good
        8.50%
    3. Chaotic Good
      14.38%
    4. Lawful Neutral
      21.57%
    5. Neutral
      15.03%
    6. Chaotic Neutral
      21.57%
    7. Lawful Evil
        7.19%
    8. Neutral Evil
        4.58%
    9. Chaotic Evil
        4.58%
Post edited by DarkDogg on

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Because.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    "Flexible" aka Vic :)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Honestly I don't care too much. I voted LN because only Xan is LN, could be interesting for them to re-explore that alignment. Or not. Idc.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited November 2013
    Kurumi said:

"Flexible" aka Vic :)

This is a new topic for that discussion. Vote for the original alignment please.
    The poll is more about simple Good, Evil or Neutral.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Hmm.. A neutral dwarf barbarian. Interesting =)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Lawful Neutral. In the series only Anomen and Xan are that alignment (and Anomen doesn't stay that way).
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    What happens if CE evil is selected for alignment but Paladin for class?
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    marceror said:

Not possible - would be a Blackguard.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    I wish there was a "I don't care" option. I'll play a character no matter the alignment.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Kurumi said:

marceror said:

Not possible - would be a Blackguard.
    Okay, how about a dwarven Mage, or an evil ranger? Just saying, voting on all simultaneously could be messy.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    edited November 2013
    Not evil. All of the Beamdog npc's are: evil: 3 neutral: 1 and good: 1 (and whatever *that one* npc is, I won't spoil but I don't know his alignment.) But good is already over-represented in bg2, so I'd say neutral. As for chaotic, lawful, or true, it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    anything but evil would be my vote we already got two evil characters and they are both over the top as it is
    and one of those is unplayable for me so I definitely wouldn't want anything else like that

id like either a neutral good or lawful neutral most
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    I wish forrrrr Neutral morality! With a possibility of being swayed to Neutral Good or Neutral Evil. Maybe just a super-generic human Fighter dude.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Lawful neutral is somewhat underrepresented. There is only Xan in BG1, Anomen can change alignment. This vote conflicts with my class vote, since Barbarians can't be lawful, but I'd settle for any neutral alignment. For a female dwarf barbarian.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I would like to point out that a team member voted chaotic neutral.....hmmmm.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Don't read too much into that, it's just MY FAVOURITE ALIGNMENT EVER. :D
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    LiamEsler said:

Don't read too much into that, it's just MY FAVOURITE ALIGNMENT EVER. :D

Hahaha and you lurked too!!!! Its OK, after voting in all three threads I realized I wanted a lady dwarf bard that is lawful neutral and grumpy.....so I'm not on the ball tonight.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Well, BG2:EE has always had an abundance of Good NPCs; Evil finally has enough for a complete party; there are quite a few Neutral characters, but Jaheira's the only one of them who's a Fighter-type. Another Neutral melee NPC would be nice.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I want an ACTUAL lawful-stupid. Like MIko Miyazaki from Order of the Stick. Someone so self-righteous they border on villainy. Like try to kill Valygar since he's an outlaw (in Edwin vs Dynaheir style) or constantly try to arrest Jan.
    That or a Chaotic Evil 12 year old male tiefling sorcerer named Damien. Sheeeeet make Albert and Rufie NPCs
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

That or a Chaotic Evil 12 year old male tiefling sorcerer named Damien. Sheeeeet make Albert and Rufie NPCs

"HAIL, [REDACTED FOR SPOILERS]! I AM ALBERTANZINARN, OF GEHENNA! THIS IS MY DEATH DOG, RUFANDIZOR!"
    "ur kyoot :3"
    "Let's get married. :D"
    "Uh, wait, I'm dating that bald guy with the tattoos."
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited November 2013

I want an ACTUAL lawful-stupid. Like MIko Miyazaki from Order of the Stick. Someone so self-righteous they border on villainy. Like try to kill Valygar since he's an outlaw (in Edwin vs Dynaheir style) or constantly try to arrest Jan.

Be careful what you wish for...
    shawne said:

Be careful what you wish for...
    I played it... that accent...
  • AtlanticAtlantic Member Posts: 44
    Not enough Lawful Neutrals in any D&D setting/game
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I am the law.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Because it's interesting in a weird kind of way.
  • ManicMcChipmunkManicMcChipmunk Member Posts: 3
    That you can romance to the alignment of your charname.
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    Lawful neutral Barbarian. Baldur's Gate has rules that let you create a Lawful Barbarian. Take advantage of it for an interesting and unique character that differs from the typical Chaotic Barbarians.
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    There needs to be more "Butt Kicking For Goodness" in the realm. I'm quite happy with the evil characters that have been added, but would like to see a good guy be awesome as well.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Lawful Apathy.