Skip to content

The BG NPC project

Comments

• ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    LiamEsler said:

BG1NPC is complete, and will not be receiving new content. I'd encourage anyone who wants to see new content to start their own awesome new mod :)

If I write the content you will make it a mod? Or give me directions to turn it into mod? Me nub with that. :(

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Itomon It's probably not something I have time to do personally, but there are plenty of people around who can help teach you how to code and help deal with any issues. :)
    Itomon
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    I know you said you don't want to give an estimate on release. But do do you think it's possible we will see a release this year?
  • RyknRykn Member Posts: 30
    THE CYCLE CONTINUES
    XKalFredjo
    ;_; im just glad they release the multiplayer thing, I've playing my own NPC project roleplaying NPCs in other ppl's games XD
    alnair
  • HesperosHesperos Member Posts: 10
    It's getting ridiculous right now.
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    In a scale from "could crash to desktop" to "will burn down your house and kill your pets" how beta is the version in github? I'm impatient enough to give it a try, obviously accepting that I will get 0 support or help if I do.
  • TschakongTschakong Member Posts: 25
    Well,

i really appreciate the work that has been put in to convert this mod into BGEE. I check mostly every day this thread, if the mod is released, so that i can start again BGEE. This is the key mod that makes BG1 worthwile playing again and again.

I only played BGEE one time at the beginning, but it felt very empty. I like the new chars and banters. But there are only few of them. I.e. black pits does not interest me at all, because it's seperated from the game.

My point of view:

BG is not something about graphics or items. It's so wonderful because of it's story, the character banters and the relationship your party forms within the time. Especially BG2. I shet a tear the first time when i have read the NPC epilogues of throne of bhaal. This has never happened before to me in any computer game ;)

So BG is for me something about genious story and character interaction. And hopefully i am not the only person who thinks because of that. So this is why so many people would like to see the mod implemented as soon as possible. Because that's the reason i would play the BGEE again, not because of interface enhancements. And the NPC mod does make BG like it should be in the first place, compared to BG2.

So thanks for all the work that you have done this far, but don't underestimate how important the portation from this mod is to the community. I will kiss your feet when this mod is released for the EE ;)

best regards,
    Son_of_ImoenWilburKavainbooinyoureyes
  • TschakongTschakong Member Posts: 25
    Thanks, that's of course very understandable. LIke i've said before, i was so much happy that my greatest rpg of all time has been revived by you guys. Many gaming companies have lost connection to their player's needs and wishes. It's good to know that feedback is still very important for you and i'm looking forward to the BG2EE. I will buy every good written * story * content you will offer by DLC ;)

And maybe at some far far away point in the future you will resolve the legal problems with modifing the old content. That will be the day that i would not only kiss your feet, but the feets of the whole team ;)
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    pekirt said:

LiamEsler said:

our jobs (and sanity) -- unfortunately, I know -- come first.

You are a coder, so what is this 'sanity' thing you speak of, friend? :-p
    I think he is talking about hygiene.

Arsene_LupinCrevsDaak
    LiamEsler said:

You are absolutely welcome to port it yourself. ;)

I am tempted to do it, I just don't know where to start from.

Don't take any of these requests as "pressure", as if our community doesn't reckon how hard the work you put in each and every mod you (any of you) release. On the contraty, the more we plead, the more are the proofs that your work was a success and that we want to enjoy and share.
    Son_of_Imoen
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Keep up the good work Kaeloree. I'm looking forward to npc project, but I think it's safe to say I'm looking forward to BG2:EE even more. ;)
    StoneSwordsItomon
  • murmandamusmurmandamus Member Posts: 45
    yep keep the the god job. I will wait. I waited to play after those years but cannot play without npc mod and i can some more. Especially that we need to wait also for some bg2 mods. Don't we?
    StoneSwordsEudaemoniumrandyroo
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    Cant wait!
    Looking forward to non-recruitables (Gorion, Sarevok etc) having portrait pics again; Id been used to the NSC BGT Portrait Pack for years and reluctant to play it without the non-recruitable portraits.
    Hopefully the method of portrait modding for all characters can then be ported to BG2EE too.
    booinyoureyes
  • RuseRuse Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2013
    Solo playthrough is very MEH without this. Just adding another "I think this mod is awesome and I would use the hell out of it if it were compatible with this version" comment to the pile. ;)
    StoneSwordsKavainStradlin
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    Man, I still can't wait for bg1npc to be finished. BG1 feels so... quiet without it.
    StoneSwordsKavain
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    (Actually, turns out NSC Portrait Pack method still works now on BGEE with a little tweaking, woohoo!)
  • TenxsTenxs Member Posts: 4
    Same here, I would like to play through BG II, but don't want to until I played BG I. And I just can't convince myself to play through the first BG without this mod. I just hope it's finished soon. :)
    KavainStoneSwordsStradlin
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    any chance for open beta?
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    Tenxs said:

Same here, I would like to play through BG II, but don't want to until I played BG I. And I just can't convince myself to play through the first BG without this mod. I just hope it's finished soon. :)

Well, I finally forced myself to make a play through without NPC Project, and holy ish, the game can be a slog without anyone to talk to throughout lol. Definitly gonna wait till this is released for a second playthrough though
    StradlinbooinyoureyesItomonAedan
  • XKalXKal Member Posts: 58
    Damn it... saw 8 new comments and was hoping there was an update. Still holding off on my BG:EE playthrough for this, and thus my BG2:EE playthrough as well.
    KavainWithgilStoneSwordsbooinyoureyes
  • ZanalinaZanalina Member Posts: 23
    Just a quick note from me to say thank you for your efforts so far in converting this mod. I totally understand the free time/work thing so will happily wait for as long as it takes for the mod to be updated :)
    Fredjobooinyoureyes
This discussion has been closed.