Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG2EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• ElfsplatElfsplat Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    Ir'revrykal +5 "The Unholy Reaver" Immunity to Charm, 50% chance to dispell magic on hit, 1D10+5, +5 vs good. (Two-Handed)

Watcher's Keep: Githyanki Encampment room 1
    ajwzCorvinojackjack
  • CaelithCaelith Member Posts: 8
    Elfsplat said:

Ir'revrykal +5 "The Unholy Reaver" Immunity to Charm, 50% chance to dispell magic on hit, 1D10+5, +5 vs good. (Two-Handed)

Watcher's Keep: Githyanki Encampment room 1

Now... Can it be upgraded to +6 like Carsomyr??
  • Wild Sling +1:

[Spoiler]Hidden Refuge - After completing Amanis' quest to find Kirik, convince her to allow Kirik to continue practicing wild magic, then talk to Kirik for his reward.[/spoiler]
    ajwz
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    A holy long-sword of Tyr? A long sword that gives paladins a good excuse to role-play sword & shield? yaaaaaay. Now where to find it...
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    edited November 2013
    question on ir'revrykal, who is supposed to be able to use it? It said it was usable by paladins, all the races, and evil people...

so naturally i tried to equip it on dorn, but it wouldn't let me. If any of you found it and are using it, who did you equip it on?

He is a fallen blackguard at this point, if that matters.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited November 2013
    Can fallen ranger/fallen paladins use items that are ranger/paladin only ? If not, that might explain why your fallen blackguard can't use it :)
    jackjack
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    edited November 2013
    well, it's a little strange that if it's a paladin only item why it have race even listed as one of the factors for using it, and would fallen paladins who say took the evil route in hell be able to use it? I dont have any other warriors in my party right now I've got two mage/theives, a thief, and a cleric, so I haven't tried to give it to say korgan (or sarevok when i hit TOB) yet.

It seems like the best way for it to be labelled is to simply have it be labelled usable by: Blackguards because it's really confusing the way it's written, at least for me.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

well, it's a little strange that if it's a paladin only item why it have race even listed as one of the factors for using it, and would fallen paladins who say took the evil route in hell be able to use it? I dont have any other warriors in my party right now I've got two mage/theives, a thief, and a cleric, so I haven't tried to give it to say korgan (or sarevok when i hit TOB) yet.

It seems like the best way for it to be labelled is to simply have it be labelled usable by: Blackguards because it's really confusing the way it's written, at least for me.

Its part of the weird way the usability flags work. You need to select all the races, the base class, the alignments, and the kits or you won't be able to use it.
    AcridSyphilis
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    If you want to include significant changes to existing magical weapons, here's a few:

1. Seeker's Sling: Can be used without ammo (fires +1 sling bullets). This replaces the old ability of adding strength bonus to sling damage, as this is now present in all slings.

2. Mace of Disruption +1: Now strikes as a +3 weapon. No other changes.

3. Mace of Disruption +2: Now strikes as a +5 weapon. No other changes.

The updates to the mace of disruption, in particular, are massive, because a) it can now be used to kill vampires (considering where you find it, this is good) and b) the improved version is an even better offhand than previously, or even mainhand for a pure cleric.
    ajwzSindyan
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    Oh, also, Kudane got a Belm-style extra attack, so there's a short sword belm out there now too.
    ajwz
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited November 2013
    Is there any way to learn codes for CreateItem of those things? I'm particulary interested in the Cloak of unerrring strikes and the Gauntlets of Aln Zekk. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: ok, nevermind, used the Keeper.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Wooden horse necklace downgraded in patch 1.2.2030 :(
    DinsdalePiranha
  • HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
    DrEast said:

Oh, also, Kudane got a Belm-style extra attack, so there's a short sword belm out there now too.

I've heard claims that it did this before, but I never bothered to test it myself. I think all they did is upgrade the description to include that.

[Deleted User]DinsdalePiranhaEudaemoniumCorvino
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Never used shortswords before but this time I think for my first time ever I'm taking Haer Daelis along. With Kaduna and Belm offhand he has 4 attacks quite early in chapter 2 and can hold his own for now. I don't expect him to scale with melee damage output but once he falls really behind his HLA traps will kick in. At least that's my plan :)
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    Still sad I'm not seeing any new bows or crossbows for archers. I play the ipad version so I can't really mod
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    ajwz said:

Are you sure it's a downgrade? ;)

jackjackajwzSCARY_WIZARDCrevsDaak
    ajwz said:

It now grants the same bonus as a +2 protection amulet.
    ajwz
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    So Wooden horse necklace doesn't stack anymore with ring of protection +1?
    Pibaro said:

So Wooden horse necklace doesn't stack anymore with ring of protection +1?

Yep.
    Neither does it stack with magical armor.
    But it's now a +2 amulet, so it's pretty cool anyway.

SCARY_WIZARD
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    Silver Dragon Armor (AC:-2, Cha -2, +15% magic resistance, Movement rate increased by 3, Heals wearer 2hp each time damage is taken, not usable by good) - crafted by Cespenar with Scales that drop from Dolrassa and Ixthezzys in Lunia

The Visage, Helm: (+1 Thac0, +1 saving throws, Immunity to feeblemind, confusion, fear and charm, Domination 1/day, Breath Acid 1/day (6d6), not usable by good) - Reward from Ur-Gothoz after binding Azothet in the tree

Holy Longsword of Tyr (+3 - +6 dmg vs Chaotic Evil) - Any guard in Lunia

Cloak of the Dark Moon (+2 Ac, +2 saving throws at night. Immunity to blindness, Prot magical energy 3/day) - Algoroths Quarters

Headband of the Devout, Helm (permanent bless, Immunity to confusion, Righteous Magic 1/day, Monk only) - Algoroths Quarters
    ajwzSCARY_WIZARD
  • InfiltratorInfiltrator Member Posts: 121
    edited November 2013
    No +5 Katanas / CF upgrade? :(((
  • ThraxxThraxx Member Posts: 67

A holy long-sword of Tyr? A long sword that gives paladins a good excuse to role-play sword & shield? yaaaaaay. Now where to find it...

There is a bastard sword 1 hander for paladins +5 foebane

• JaeldynJaeldyn Member Posts: 49
    edited November 2013
    The Brick +2 (neera reward?) Returning throwing axe (hammer): Save vs spells or take +1d12 magic dmg and suffer 100% spell failiure chance next round. Aura of wild magic: 10% change a spell cast within 10ft of weilder, freind or foe alike, will become a wild surge. => Reward from the Half orc in the wild mage camp after you free him IF you let him(her?) hit you without retaliating.

Wand of Whips (szasss tam?): Casts force whip on rtarget creature: Duration 4 rounds . 1d6+1 magic damage per round + Save vs spells (-4) or become held for the remaining duration of the spell) => I think I got it after I fought Szass Tam two times after finishing Neera's ToB quest before he teleported me (you are given the choice between fighting him and letting him teleporting you after you fight him for the first time). Not sure about this one but I did get it somewhere between Neera's and Dorn's ToB quests.

Night walkers (rasaad side with shar?): +2 movement rate, Immunity to Web, Grease, Entangle. Shadow door 3 times per day => Rasaad's ToB Quest in the dwarf household, behind the locked door with 2 guards (the one with the fireball trap that destroys the items). Algoroth's quarters I think.

Hawksight: Scimitar +1, +1 dexterity => Kill the tears of selune

Cloak of Unnering strikes: +2 THac0 Off-Hand => Kill the tears of selune

And you can also get the cloak that casts Melf's minute meteors when you kill them.
    Post edited by Jaeldyn on
    DinsdalePiranhaajwz
  • sirwhsirwh Member Posts: 20
    Cowl of the stars (May cast melf's minute meteors once per day as a wizard the same level as the wearer) - Shana gifts it to you if you resolve encounter peacefully

This item doesn't work as its description.
    It only produces 5 meteors, just like a lv 5 wizard does.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    sirwh said:

Cowl of the stars (May cast melf's minute meteors once per day as a wizard the same level as the wearer) - Shana gifts it to you if you resolve encounter peacefully

This item doesn't work as its description.
    It only produces 5 meteors, just like a lv 5 wizard does.

worth a bug report then
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    edited November 2013
    Thraxx said:

There is a bastard sword 1 hander for paladins +5 foebane

Foebane is a generic bastard sword, but there's one for paladins too: Purifier +4/+5. Although, you have to use the Eye of Tyr to upgrade it, so so have to choose if you want to make Purifier +5 or Carsomyr +6...
    Edit: Oh and you also have to be lawful good to get it.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    what items are in the database that are in the black pits 2 but not in the main game?
  • JaeldynJaeldyn Member Posts: 49
    For the BP2 There is a two handee sword whose name i forgot (1d10+5, steal 1d6 each hit ans something else ) and a pair of bracers that sets strength to 20 but reduces dexterity by 1 or 2 (enforcers bracers). I'll check my game once i get home.