Skip to content

Party members that fight each other?

Is there a list of this anywhere? I'm having a hard time finding a summary of party members that will attack each other while in your group, both in the original, and in the Enhanced Edition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    Didn't Keldorn also attack Edwin? Or am I remembering wrong?
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Akihiko said:

Korgan and Aerie, Edwin and Minsc, Keldorn and Viconia, Rasaad and the ToB npc, Neera and Edwin, Hexxat and Keldorn, Hexxat and Mazzy, Hexxat and Anomen. I think that covers it.

Great, thank you!

I think there are a few more though... like I know Anomen will fight Dorn (and you'd think Keldorn would too), and I heard something about Anomen and Aerie (not sure if that's true or not). Also, I don't think Neera and Edward actually fight... they just don't seem to be able to join the same party.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited November 2013

Akihiko said:

Korgan and Aerie, Edwin and Minsc, Keldorn and Viconia, Rasaad and the ToB npc, Neera and Edwin, Hexxat and Keldorn, Hexxat and Mazzy, Hexxat and Anomen. I think that covers it.

Great, thank you!

I think there are a few more though... like I know Anomen will fight Dorn (and you'd think Keldorn would too), and I heard something about Anomen and Aerie (not sure if that's true or not). Also, I don't think Neera and Edward actually fight... they just don't seem to be able to join the same party.
    If Anomen fails his test he might attack Aerie, otherwise they're fine. I think Hexxat may also some problems with Valygar, although I'm not sure if will necessarily end with them fighting or leaving... I haven't been through all that yet.
    Mechalibur
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Interesting. I'll have to see why that happens. Thanks :)
  • bman86bman86 Member Posts: 115
    Anomen attacks a couple of the good NPCs if he fails the test; keldorn, aerie
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Ah, sorry. I completely spaced on Dorn. And this is actually the first I heard about Anomen's conflicts if he fails his test! That's pretty interesting. Oh, there is one more conflict, if you have both Aerie and Haer'Dalis in your party, and you're romancing Aerie...
    Haer'Dalis will conflict with YOU and will attack you to try and win Aerie.
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Will Rasaad fight the ToB NPC if the latter undergoes an alignment change?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    My Player Character always seems to attack SAERELITH'S FACE. I don't know why, but you can't prevent it, even if he's Lawful Good.
    DinsdalePiranhaAlexisisinneedtithinThacoBell
    I'm personally shocked Minsc doesn't attack Hexxat after her appearance.
    ThacoBell
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Valygar and Viconia also fight, but it requires a very special trigger. Chatting with a certain person in the Government district.
    booinyoureyesEudaemonium
    edited November 2013

My Player Character always seems to attack SAERELITH'S FACE. I don't know why, but you can't prevent it, even if he's Lawful Good.

Is that one of those mod NPC's? Is it the fifteen year old you can romance, or is that someone else? I don't really play with mod NPC's... that's probably why.

I'm personally shocked Minsc doesn't attack Hexxat after her appearance.

Realistically, all the good and most neutrals NPC's would fight her, especially since she's stupid enough to go telling them that she sneaks out when they're asleep and kills people. She could just tell Aerie it was animal blood or something... doesn't matter if she believes it or not, so long as she isn't sure there'd be no problem.

Valygar and Viconia also fight, but it requires a very special trigger. Chatting with a certain person in the Government district.

Ohhh, I never knew that (never had both in the same party)
    Can you spoil it for me? make sure to hide it under those irresistible spoiler buttons that I can't not press to save my life
    I'm not sure about the alignment change question. As for Minsc/Hexxat, I was a little surprised too, but I saw my friend who uses them both get a conversation between the two that kind of explained why he's okay with it. Honestly, I always kinda felt that Minsc having vampires as a racial enemy was less for story purposes (like the gnolls were in BG1) and more for usefulness throughout most of the game.
    booinyoureyesEudaemonium
    Akihiko said:

I'm not sure about the alignment change question. As for Minsc/Hexxat, I was a little surprised too, but I saw my friend who uses them both get a conversation between the two that kind of explained why he's okay with it. Honestly, I always kinda felt that Minsc having vampires as a racial enemy was less for story purposes (like the gnolls were in BG1) and more for usefulness throughout most of the game.

Haven't had that conversation, but part of me expects it to do with her vampiric "hunger" being akin to his rage?
    Here you are.

There is this lady near the Firecam estate. She tries to woo Valygar, and Viconia insults him pretty savagely, after which they fight. If you don't talk to that woman, they never come to blows.
    AkihikobooinyoureyesEudaemoniumdstoltzfus

Akihiko said:

Haven't had that conversation, but part of me expects it to do with her vampiric "hunger" being akin to his rage?
    Actually, no. I don't wanna spoil anything, but let's just say Boo is involved. ;)

Akihiko said:

No; Minsc wouldn't buy that. Killing innocents is something he would never stand. But he is addled enough that she can confuse and manipulate him, at least for a while.
    ThacoBell
    dang, now i need to know what she said
    Coutelier said:

Akihiko said:

No; Minsc wouldn't buy that. Killing innocents is something he would never stand. But he is addled enough that she can confuse and manipulate him, at least for a while.
    Hmmmmm.... Boo is usually such a good judge of character. Not even Yoshimo fooled him. Are you lying to me?
    laptopman666
    @booinyoureyes:
    I can't remember the exact wording, but it has to do with sexual prowess and/or orientation. In other words, Viconia implies that Valygar either can't get it up or swings the other way. Incidentally, as any psychologist could tell you, the fact that Valygar gets violent would seem to imply that Viconia may well be right...
    booinyoureyesButtercheeseDJKajuru
    @xzar_monty (great name btw!)
    I read somewhere he was supposed to be another romance character, and the fact that this was cut from the game contributed to his seeming lack of banter/screen time.
    In light of that maybe
    He was a romance for BOTH male and female characters?

Not sure how true that rumor was though, and I heard it a long time. I know there is a Corthala romance mod somewhere out there, floating around the internets
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129

@booinyoureyes:

I can't remember the exact wording, but it has to do with sexual prowess and/or orientation. In other words, Viconia implies that Valygar either can't get it up or swings the other way. Incidentally, as any psychologist could tell you, the fact that Valygar gets violent would seem to imply that Viconia may well be right...
    Apparently, there are some hidden files in the game that explain his behavior, but were cut for time reasons. (It's possible that Valygar and Haer'Dalis were originally the female romancables that didn't make it in time for publishing)

Valygar chooses to be celibate because he does not want to produce any kids and continue the family curse of madness and sorcery. It's kind of sad, because these are the kind of details about a character that make a quiet character a lot more interesting, because as he is, Valygar's personality is like dry toast.

booinyoureyesAkihikoButtercheese
    @AcridSyphilis thanks for the info! that would make a lot of sense, particularly in regards to Viconia poking fun at a sexually frustrated celibate Valygar.
    I wish that stayed. It would make Valygar far more interesting. Also, who would be a better mate for someone with a family curse than a spawn of Bhaal?
    ButtercheeseThacoBell
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    Yeah, also, Anomen's romance is good, but there's a reason female players complained for ages he was their only choice, his personality can be extremely abrasive. Valygar would have been a great counterpoint/alternative/foil.
    booinyoureyeswintersButtercheeseThacoBell

Coutelier said:

Akihiko said:

Hmmmmm.... Boo is usually such a good judge of character. Not even Yoshimo fooled him. Are you lying to me?
    I don't think it's realistic that her manipulation would stick for very long, especially when she goes telling others, including his witch of all people, about all her night time activities. It's an odd thing Hex, but some people do have this terrible fear of having all their blood sucked out and dying, and they don't even like the thought of it happening to other people... funny quirk of theirs, I suppose.

But it's all very problematic, because then there are a number of characters acting oblivious who clearly wouldn't be. Maybe she could talk circles round Minsc for a while, but Imoen, for example, is clever, or at least is supposed to be.
    booinyoureyesButtercheeseThacoBell
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    If Anomen fails his test, he will eventually come to blows with Keldorn, and he will also attack Aerie after resting.
  • alaundoalaundo Member Posts: 131
    Do you mean with TOB npc sarevok? If Rasaad and sarevok will fight ill dump rasaad..
    Frogman
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Dorn and Keldorn will fight. Or at least they will force a choice and you will have to kill the one you side against.
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovCaptain_Darian_Frey