Skip to content

Pearly White Ioun Stone

ShaydenShayden Member Posts: 3
I recently looted a pearly white ioun stone in the game, which I was pretty excited about. Problem is that it doesn't seem to work at all. My character has the regeneration symbol but isn't regening 2hp per turn. I assume this is a bug, and I'm not just overlooking something?

Comments

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    A turn is 10 rounds, or 1 minute. Are you sure you're waiting enough ?
  • ShaydenShayden Member Posts: 3
    Oops I guess I was thinking rounds. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    It should be 1HP per 30 seconds (being 2HP per turn/60 seconds). @Shayden, can you confirm this is actually happening? If it is working as intended, I'll move the topic.
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    This item is working correctly for me.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    It works. It just sucks ;D
  • I tend to think of the regen as a secondary benefit. When you get this ioun stone, there will be almost no other head items that mages or thieves can equip yet, so it gives you a way to make them immune to crits, which is WAY better than a little regen.
    The description doesn't say that it protects from crits. If it does, that should be added to the description.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    It's an engine effect - all items equipped in the head slot protect from criticals. It's not really an intended effect of the item.
    CrevsDaak
    I see. Strange then that some such items specifically mention the effect and others do not. It seems like they should all say it, or none of them (with a mention of it in the manual).
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    edited November 2013
    The items that specifically mention it are helmets, or else specifically intended to emulate helmets (iirc Thief's Hood). Other head slot items aren't really intended to have this effect as such, but because of the way the effect is implemented (basically just a flag checks whether you have an item there or not) they end up having it too :/

Hoods and ioun stones weren't in the original game and the original devs never really expected to add them, so they didn't think that far ahead
    There's at least one helmet (Dragon Helm) that doesn't mention protection from crits. I just assumed that it was a drawback of the item.
  • Emptiness said:

There's at least one helmet (Dragon Helm) that doesn't mention protection from crits. I just assumed that it was a drawback of the item.

I had the same reaction on my first few playthroughs. At some point, years ago, I was forum surfing and found the mention that all head items protected from crits, so I tested it. Afterwards, I was upset with myself for basically ignoring the Dragon Helm and others because I thought they didn't give crit immunity. :(
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    edited December 2013
    This is definitely not working for me. I noticed in Shadows of Amn that the ion stone was not working on either Aerie nor Imoen, though I thought it worked *initially* on Aerie before disappearing. The bug doesn't end there, because the Paws of Cheetah (boots of speed) are also not working on Aerie. This is extremely annoying because I have bought the boots for her in ToB, and they aren't working, and she keeps lagging behind the party and being attacked by whatever random monster/encounter there might be.
    @LiamEsler - any insight into this?